Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More fine journalism on Pelicans

Gordon Contract is terrible but he would help us win and is needed.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    Gordon Contract is terrible but he would help us win and is needed.
    IMO the team was better last season when Gordon wasn't on the floor. So I'm not so sure about this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by groundpatty View Post
    Yeesh

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groundpatty View Post
    He enjoys using the word "stumble", which seems to describe his style of writing as well.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Too early for this noise.

More fine journalism on Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Can someone fill me in on why this article is so bad? Is it the Gordon part? Is it because MM has told everyone that Gordon is on the block but this article says differently?
    The fact that he mentions us getting numerous offers for Eric Gordon and not accepting any. I just don't believe that could be the case because of his massive contract and him not living up to that contract. Why would anyone want him considering that? If you needed a shooting guard, would you want to add someone that said he didn't want to play here, was hurt for most his contract, and is getting paid 15 million a year?? I don't think so! He doesn't fit this team and I believe we play better without him. The backcourt of Jrue and Reke is far better IMO. I think he is what is holding us back from being an even better team. If we could dump that contract, we could get a better player to start at small forward either this year or next. We could of had a chance at keeping Anthony Morrow on our bench or added someone comparable with some of his money.

And the fact that he says just about everyone on the team could be traded cause it didn't work last year. Well yes it didn't work last year cause most of them were hurt all of last year. We don't know how good this team could be cause of that.
    Last edited by RekesNotWeak; 07-31-2014 at 02:17 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by RekesNotWeak View Post
    The fact that he mentions us getting numerous offers for Eric Gordon and not accepting any. I just don't believe that could be the case because of his massive contract and him not living up to that contract. Why would anyone want him considering that? If you needed a shooting guard, would you want to add someone that said he didn't want to play here, was hurt for most his contract, and is getting paid 15 million a year?? I don't think so! He doesn't fit this team and I believe we play better without him. The backcourt of Jrue and Reke is far better IMO. I think he is what is holding us back from being an even better team. If we could dump that contract, we could get a better player to start at small forward either this year or next. We could of had a chance at keeping Anthony Morrow on our bench or added someone comparable with some of his money.

And the fact that he says just about everyone on the team could be traded cause it didn't work last year. Well yes it didn't work last year cause most of them were hurt all of last year. We don't know how good this team could be cause of that.
    I respect every thing that you said but its all opinion. Hence, there are no blatant inaccuracies in the article. it just doesn't follow your opinion. That doesn't make it bad.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    That is a well-written article. The first one seems to be written by a 14 year old kid.

Another very well written article on Pels Asik addition.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/07/30/...prising-needs/

nylon calculus is one of my favorite sites! They always come up with very interesting analisys on advanced stats and models to measure every aspect of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I respect every thing that you said but its all opinion. Hence, there are no blatant inaccuracies in the article. it just doesn't follow your opinion. That doesn't make it bad.
    It has been reported by multiple other websites and different team's GMs that Gordon has been on the block for a long time. This is not opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It has been reported by multiple other websites and different team's GMs that Gordon has been on the block for a long time. This is not opinion.
    The only fact is Gordon is a Pelican. IMO he will not be traded because Dell and Monty recognize his talents and the need to win next season. Plus he game fits with Davis

The only fact is Gordon is a Pelican. IMO he will not be traded because Dell and Monty recognize his talents and the need to win next season. Plus he game fits with Davis

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Gordon is still useful.
    The issue with Gordon that makes me incredibly depressed is the fact that his play has gotten worse every year with us.
    I had very high hopes for him after we matched his contract. I thought that he and Davis would become Batman & Robin.

Now every time I watch him play I think "if only".

No. It is a fact that other GMs have been on record saying this. It is a fact other websites have reported Gordon being on the market on multiple occasions.

I'm not even talking about Gordon's value on the team. But people trying to rewrite things now where BSS was just making up stories about Gordon being the market is completely untrue. It wasn't just them. This is a fact.

No. It is a fact that other GMs have been on record saying this. It is a fact other websites have reported Gordon being on the market on multiple occasions.

I'm not even talking about Gordon's value on the team. But people trying to rewrite things now where BSS was just making up stories about Gordon being the market is completely untrue. It wasn't just them. This is a fact.
    Show me one article where GM says it on the record. BSS reports rumors. BSS has no inside information IMO. Give me inside story scooped by BBS.

Show me one article where GM says it on the record. BSS reports rumors. BSS has no inside information IMO. Give me inside story scooped by BBS.
    Do your own research.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    It is a fact that as of now, Gordon does not have value. Could there be one stupid GM? Maybe... But right now he has no value and this article indicates otherwise.

Do your own research.
    I did and found an article around last season trade line that stated on the record that Gordon wasn't on the block. Guess the GM?
    Managers on the hotseat do not trade away talent. None of us know if Gordon likes NOLA and/or the organization. EG tweeted a happy birthday greeting to Benson which is probably a sign that at least he likes the owners cash money

I did and found an article around last season trade line that stated on the record that Gordon wasn't on the block. Guess the GM?
    Managers on the hotseat do not trade away talent. None of us know if Gordon likes NOLA and/or the organization. EG tweeted a happy birthday greeting to Benson which is probably a sign that at least he likes the owners cash money
    Did you also read where the GM said no one was off the table?

Or how about the multiple other GMs saying Gordon and Tyreke were both being shopped? Or how about from this summer where GMs were saying Gordon and Rivers were being shopped as opposed to Jrue, Reke, or Ryno?

Eric Gordon is even quoted on Jan 29th of this year as saying he isn't even sure if he would be here after the trade deadline.

Only you and one writer who has no clue about the Pels believe Gordon hasn't been on the block. Even Gordon as of this year knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    It is a fact that as of now, Gordon does not have value. Could there be one stupid GM? Maybe... But right now he has no value and this article indicates otherwise.
    Is this from your source who knows DD?

Did you also read where the GM said no one was off the table?

Or how about the multiple other GMs saying Gordon and Tyreke were both being shopped? Or how about from this summer where GMs were saying Gordon and Rivers were being shopped as opposed to Jrue, Reke, or Ryno?

Eric Gordon is even quoted on Jan 29th of this year as saying he isn't even sure if he would be here after the trade deadline.

Only you and one writer who has no clue about the Pels believe Gordon hasn't been on the block. Even Gordon as of this year knew it.
    If you read beyond that date Gordon stated management told him otherwise.
    Secondly are you saying that DD included Davis in his statement as being on the table.

If you read beyond that date Gordon stated management told him otherwise.
    Secondly are you saying that DD included Davis in his statement as being on the table.
    What does the future have to do with ANYTHING?

At the time of the quote Gordon knew he was on the block. Period.

He was told he wasn't anymore later. Soooooooooooooooooooo? The whole discussion was people claiming BSS was making up the entire story about Gordon being shopped.

Gordon himself in January KNEW he was being shopped. Period. End of discussion. Continue your own ranting about BSS making stuff up but this is from the actual guy's mouth.

No one ever said that BSS made the story up. What was questioned was whether or not the article was bad because it stated a differing opinion than BSS. Nobody questioned BSS's credibility. This is a blog. You can choose to believe or not believe whatever you choose.

Thread Information