Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball Camp Thread

I missed it. I was hoping it wasn't bad, but from they way they are talking this is season ending for George.

I'm afraid to watch it. I just fast forwarded past the replay...

Is that a career ending injury?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He won't be back until 2015-2016 season. That was horrible. We need to take Davis out of this right now.

clean snap of both tibia and fibula. looked awful

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I missed it. I was hoping it wasn't bad, but from they way they are talking this is season ending for George.
    Kevin Ware/Tyrone Prothro looking injury. He ain't going to walk on that leg for a couple months. The only silver lining is that it wasn't a knee.

I don't even like the Pacers but man do I feel bad.

Why would they not play? The chances of getting injured doesn't increase because Paul George was injured. That's about as illogical reason to bench or stop a game. If people are so worried about injury none of the players should be there. This could happen at any training session or pick up game during the off season.

Shouldnt be career ending, but man that was horrible. Indiana should just blow it up now

Why would they not play? The chances of getting injured doesn't increase because Paul George was injured. That's about as illogical reason to bench or stop a game. If people are so worried about injury none of the players should be there. This could happen at any training session or pick up game during the off season.
    Probably because the players are all so disheartened that they wouldn't get anything out of finishing the last quarter of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Is that a career ending injury?
    Shouldn't be but at least 1 year of no basketball. Think Kevin Ware.

Still wouldn't want take that chance

Agreed that it looks like a tib/fib. Alternatively, could be an ankle fracture/dislocation. Either way, it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Probably because the players are all so disheartened that they wouldn't get anything out of finishing the last quarter of this game.
    That makes some sense, but the concern that another player is likely to be injured again is a drastic overreaction.

At least George was calm. Good for him keeping his composure that could have been a lot worse... I was afraid it was going to happen to Rose tonight. He'd probably cry

Holy ****, that was a kevin ware... dude's lower leg snapped in half

It's about respect for the dude who just went through a horrific injury. This This is a freakin scrimmage. I'm pissed and I don't even like PG or the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Agreed that it looks like a tib/fib. Alternatively, could be an ankle fracture/dislocation. Either way, it's not good.
    If you want to look at it better...

[NOT MIND SAFE, NOT WORK SAFE, NOT LIFE SAFE]
    [DO NOT CLICK IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY]
    https://vine.co/v/MEVQKKQhFnV[/DO NOT CLICK IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY]
    [/NOT MIND SAFE, NOT WORK SAFE, NOT LIFE SAFE]

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Still wouldn't want take that chance
    What chance? You mean like playing in the 1st place? Every time a player laces up his sneaker and begin to play/train there's a chance they can get injured. There's no reason to believe playing after a player was injured that the chances of them getting injured is affected in anyway.

Its out of respect bro. Respect for George and respect for the players. This is a scrimmage, a glorified practice. There is nothing riding on this game. And every player on that court looks visibly disturbed and in shock. KD was basically crying. If this was an actual FIBA game, yeah, sure, you play on. It's not. So just let everyone have some time to deal with the emotions of witnessing a very horrific event and regroup tomorrow or next week.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 08-01-2014 at 09:53 PM.

You know what increases chances of getting injury? Playing more *******.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

That makes some sense, but the concern that another player is likely to be injured again is a drastic overreaction.
    Agreed, but I think it's a matter of decorum/solidarity more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    It's about respect for the dude who just went through a horrific injury. This This is a freakin scrimmage. I'm pissed and I don't even like PG or the Pacers.
    I don't see how continuing would be a sign of disrespect to George. I don't have a problem with them stopping it's a scrimmage. People just overreact like all of a sudden to whole team is now endanger of being injured more than it was anytime before or after tip off is what I don't understand.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 08-01-2014 at 09:54 PM.

All man I feel so bad for Paul, I don't know how those players will be able to play in the tournament after this. I also feel so bad for Pacers fans, I'm almost in tears I can't imagine how they feel.

I don't see how continuing would be a sign of disrespect to George. I don't have a problem with them stopping it's a scrimmage. People just overreact like all of a sudden to whole team is now endanger of being injured more than it was anytime before or after tip off.
    Did you see the state of mind of the players? You try and continue to play with that in your ueadand something else bad can happen when people don't have their mind right.

Thread Information