Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball Camp Thread

This is what I was afraid of with AD. He wants to be Bosh. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Yup. One pick before Rivers.
    We could have saved that Asik money and gotten a SF. Oh the possibilities
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

yesh... Durant just put AD on a poster
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is what I was afraid of with AD. He wants to be Bosh. . .
    I think you are worrying too much about his shot selection in this scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    We could have saved that Asik money and gotten a SF. Oh the possibilities
    As much as I love Rivers... yup. :sigh:

is it me or does A.D look really scared out there like he doesn't belong.

I think you are worrying too much about his shot selection in this scrimmage.
    They always say practice how you play.

Wall's jumper is broken

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's you....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    AD never looks good in these kind of games unless he is next to Chris Paul. These games are perimeter oriented.

They always say practice how you play.
    I don't know if Plumlee will ever do another crossover in the lane again or if Korver will ever pass up a 3pt shot to give a teammate that shoots them half as well a chance to chuck one up.

I think I agree with Harden. I think Parsons can play but I don't think he can be a part of a big 3. He's an ancillary piece IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    AD never looks good in these kind of games unless he is next to Chris Paul. These games are perimeter oriented.
    he did last USA scrimmage, if anything that was his coming out party

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I think I agree with Harden. I think Parsons can play but I don't think he can be a part of a big 3. He's an ancillary piece IMO
    He's more than a role-player, but less than a star. If that makes any kind of sense.

I don't know if Plumlee will ever do another crossover in the lane again or if Korver will ever pass up a 3pt shot to give a teammate that shoots them half as well a chance to chuck one up.
    Ok. I honestly don't care. It was an off handed comment about AD playing far more outside than inside game. I'd rather him play far more inside. But whatever. Enjoy the game.

that full court buzzer beater.. im like to myself, everything is going in today i betcha this goes in.. next second, it goes in

Ok. I honestly don't care. It was an off handed comment about AD playing far more outside than inside game. I'd rather him play far more inside. But whatever. Enjoy the game.
    I'm not taking anything from it other than how well the players are at executing at what they are trying to do. AD is failing at being an offensive threat from iso or from range right now.

--

That half-court shot! :o

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Screw Damian Lillard lol he's been hitting buzzer beaters since he was in the womb smh lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

comment about AD playing far more outside than inside game. I'd rather him play far more inside.
    +1

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Looking at how AD looked on the bench, he looked dissapointed in himself somewhat.

he did last USA scrimmage, if anything that was his coming out party
    gif of AD w/ the block, rebound & full court dribble drive for the jam por favor

He's struggled in this scrimmage; on defense because he has probably his worst matchup currently in the world. On offense because there's been nothing he does well that has been allowed by the lineups hes played with (P&R has been just been ball handler shooting or dumpoffs behind pressure because Curry doesnt pass especially well out of it, no movement or looking for cutters, a couple pick and pops has been it.) I wouldn't take much more of this than the fact that Anthony Davis cannot physically match up with Cousins, and that his jumper isn't on tonight, but isn't longer from the couple shots we've seen. N of 1 allows you to say very little.

I get all the D-Rose love but until he can hit a jumper, he gets the Tyreke treatment. Back off of him and let him shoot

The top five scorers for each team are perimeter players.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    He's struggled in this scrimmage; on defense because he has probably his worst matchup currently in the world. On offense because there's been nothing he does well that has been allowed by the lineups hes played with (P&R has been just been ball handler shooting or dumpoffs behind pressure because Curry doesnt pass especially well out of it, no movement or looking for cutters, a couple pick and pops has been it.) I wouldn't take much more of this than the fact that Anthony Davis cannot physically match up with Cousins, and that his jumper isn't on tonight, but isn't longer from the couple shots we've seen. N of 1 allows you to say very little.
    I agree with the Cousins part. He is a nightmare match-up for AD.

Thread Information