Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball Camp Thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's tonight on ESPN at 8pm.

The Cousins thing makes no sense to me because K was very recently heaping tons of praise Cousin's way on his work ethic and attitude.

Maybe Coach just has a thing for his former Dukies? I dunno.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Yeah not sure about that one

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So basically instead of going small like everyone is saying on here, go the exact opposite and go super big?
    Lol I think we'll throw Drummond or Cousins on Marc, Davis on Pau and have our guards run until their guards vomit. We have the speed advantage. We just have to body up on them in the post and keep from fouling.

I am a big Derrick Rose fan for the same reason I'm a fan of The Brow.

They play at an elite level and they don't talk about it.

They just do it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NIKE_logo.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	5706

This makes me so happy.
    I hate Melo.
    Who names their child after a candy bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

They still have tonight's game and maybe some exhibition games before the roster is selected. Cousins is clearly better than Plumlee, but if Plumlee makes the roster over Cousins it wouldn't surprise me because this team doesn't need the center to be a scorer. They just need a high energy guy that can rebound and play defense and run the floor. If Cousins can't be that guy, then he won't make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    I am a big Derrick Rose fan for the same reason I'm a fan of The Brow.

They play at an elite level and they don't talk about it.

They just do it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NIKE_logo.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	5706
    Which is funny because Rose plays under the Adidas brand

As far as the Cousins/Plumlee thing, the Olympic team is about fit as much as talent. Remember Cousins has had high profile feuds with Chris Paul, and even though Paul won't be on this squad, it stands to reason that he's bumped heads with a few roster members and maybe Coach K didn't think it was a good idea to risk chemistry issues.

A Jazz fan from another forum provided some insider info (no source, though, so take it how you will): "The Jazz play by play guy David Locke was on the radio today when this rumor started breaking. He said his friend was covering team USA practice and told him he watched Cousins make a low post move, believe he got fouled, flip out and punch a wall all while his team was playing 4 on 5 defensively on the other end. Maybe Coach K doesn't want to waste his time and effort dealing with childish behavior."

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Which is funny because Rose plays under the Adidas brand

As far as the Cousins/Plumlee thing, the Olympic team is about fit as much as talent. Remember Cousins has had high profile feuds with Chris Paul, and even though Paul won't be on this squad, it stands to reason that he's bumped heads with a few roster members and maybe Coach K didn't think it was a good idea to risk chemistry issues.

A Jazz fan from another forum provided some insider info (no source, though, so take it how you will): "The Jazz play by play guy David Locke was on the radio today when this rumor started breaking. He said his friend was covering team USA practice and told him he watched Cousins make a low post move, believe he got fouled, flip out and punch a wall all while his team was playing 4 on 5 defensively on the other end. Maybe Coach K doesn't want to waste his time and effort dealing with childish behavior."
    Didn't even think about the irony of Rose promoting Adidas. (My brain has not adjusted to the weekend yet)

I want to like Cousins for his talent but his attitude is so terrible. He always has a scowl on his face. It makes me want him to fail.

Who thinks Brow will outscore Durant tonight?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I saw Cousins pouting when he was pulled for AD in last years scrimmage. Was my last straw with him. Upset that a teammate was out shining him? No good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I saw Cousins pouting when he was pulled for AD in last years scrimmage. Was my last straw with him. Upset that a teammate was out shining him? No good.
    For real. He comes off as a giant spoiled brat.

http://grantland.com/features/the-ballad-of-boogie/

Quote Originally Posted by article

[...]

Four years into a tumultuous career, he may finally understand what he’s supposed to be. His definition of leadership would have made John Wooden beam.

“Leadership is being the best example you can be for your teammates,” Cousins said before a recent game. “The guy that everybody can depend on on a nightly basis. A leader is a guy [whose] energy and aura can control the people around you. It’s not about your image. It’s about going out every night and leading a group of guys by example and not just necessarily speaking.”

“To be honest, I’ve been a leader for a while now,” he continued. “It’s just I haven’t led in the best way possible. That’s what I want to learn. I’m a guy that a lot of people look up to. I haven’t always handled situations the right way. That’s why I have to continue to grow and be a better player, a better leader.”

Cousins received a technical foul in his next game against the Utah Jazz. He was charged with another one the following night in Phoenix, upping his league-high total to 10. People inside the Kings organization speak of a new DeMarcus Cousins, one who is drastically more mature than the 19-year-old kid who entered the league. Still, the product is not finished.

[...]

Shame about Cousins. And I totally believe it true. I really wanted to pull for him for one more Shaq type player in the league.

But I guess like Shaq said, he is the last.

Tbh, I'd rather Drummond make the team over plumlee. Watching the Freshman Shophmore game made me really like him. Dude seems to be humble and has a good personality. Plus he would give USA a beast at C if Cousins is crazy. Honestly, I'd rather Miles Plumlee over Mason.

Funny how AD will be getting the majority of his minutes at C in a more physical league but some people here said he's too small for NBA full-time C.

Can this roster win the gold? Major names missing from this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    Just looking at the Team USA official roster:

http://www.usab.com/mens/national-team/roster.aspx

AD's weight is listed at 220. For comparisons sake: Demarcus Cousins- 270, Demar Derozan- 216, KD- 230, James Harden- 220!

Just wondering if AD is still 220? I may be being lazy here because there may be a thread with his current weight listed...but anyone care to respond to this? Kinda sucks that a guard (james harden) is listed as the same weight as AD.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Lol, What's with this "notables" crap?

Can't wait to watch AD tonight!

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Lol, What's with this "notables" crap?
    The most notable players of the best in the league? How silly is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

So is it safe to say that KD, AD, Kyrie, Harden, and Paul George make the team!?!? lol

Banned
    I want to see Harden play defense.

Man that block on Carmelo is straight butter.

AD looks BIG

AD got the mic for the pregame speech to the crowd
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Let's go AD!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information