Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball Camp Thread

Team USA USA Basketball Camp Thread

I didn't see one so I thought I'd start one so we can get all the AD info and highlights and stuff.

http://instagram.com/p/rAdbEPxh_-/?modal=true

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    I didn't see one so I thought I'd start one so we can get all the AD info and highlights and stuff.

http://instagram.com/p/rAdbEPxh_-/?modal=true

Even though we pretty much already knew it, there was a quote from Coach K saying that AD was the main big man and they'll see who fits after that.

never assume

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Even though we pretty much already knew it, there was a quote from Coach K saying that AD was the main big man and they'll see who fits after that.
    Right here:
    “We lost two big guys in the last 48 hours, so we’re going to have to have active bigs,” USA head coach Mike Krzyzewski said after Monday’s initial training camp practice. “Our main guy is Anthony Davis. (We will) see who else fits in. But also see how they fit in with the other guys.”
    http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/une...-anthony-davis

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm out and about most of the time now, but is any of this on NBA TV or whatever? I assume whatever games we play will be...

But...*sigh* Gotta make sacrifices nowadays to make paper.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm out and about most of the time now, but is any of this on NBA TV or whatever? I assume whatever games we play will be...

But...*sigh* Gotta make sacrifices nowadays to make paper.
    FBGM

I think the world will know Anthony Davis after these Championships. These games just may put him in Superstar status worldwide!

lol, i didnt think Davis was that funny!

Just looking at the Team USA official roster:

http://www.usab.com/mens/national-team/roster.aspx

AD's weight is listed at 220. For comparisons sake: Demarcus Cousins- 270, Demar Derozan- 216, KD- 230, James Harden- 220!

Just wondering if AD is still 220? I may be being lazy here because there may be a thread with his current weight listed...but anyone care to respond to this? Kinda sucks that a guard (james harden) is listed as the same weight as AD.

If he is 220 then everything we were told this offseason was a complete lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    Just looking at the Team USA official roster:

http://www.usab.com/mens/national-team/roster.aspx

AD's weight is listed at 220. For comparisons sake: Demarcus Cousins- 270, Demar Derozan- 216, KD- 230, James Harden- 220!

Just wondering if AD is still 220? I may be being lazy here because there may be a thread with his current weight listed...but anyone care to respond to this? Kinda sucks that a guard (james harden) is listed as the same weight as AD.
    His at 237 now i believe.

Yeah Jim Eichenhofer makes it a point to say AD is 238 whenever he writes something.

Official ht/wt isn't often updated after combine measurements.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys, this year Spain will beat the USA finally!

I will try to get some tickets (if the price are right) to watch the possible final between Spain (my country) and USA in Madrid, if not i will try to get some tickets to round of 16 or quarterfinal game between USA and other team (in my city, Barcelona, USA plays roundof16, quarterfinal and semifinal games, Spain plays in Madrid).

this year the USA team has all new young faces: Beal, Wall, our Davis, Cousins... the only players that played the last world cup are Durant and ¿Harden?, Spain has a team that they playing together many years ago.
    With players with NBA experience as Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, Ibaka or Ricky Rubio and other players with old NBA experience and european experience as Rudy Fernández (Blazers in 2008 and Nuggets in 2011), Juan Carlos Navarro (Grizzlies in 2008) and Sergio rodriguez (Blazers in 2008, Kings in 2009 and Knicks in 2010), Spain have chances to beat USA this year. And Spain play in home, all the fans will sing "Beat USA!"
    Last edited by Hornetsfanspain; 07-29-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Spain will always be a tough out as long as they have healthy Gasol brothers and Ibaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfanspain View Post
    Nah.

had no idea Harden and Cousins were so big.
    Interested seeing who the backup center ends up being. Cousins is crazy and Drummond is a complete liability because of his ft shooting.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Nice. Anxiously awaiting the Blue/White game on Friday.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfanspain View Post
    Sorry. Spain has a great frontcourt, but they still have to contest with our run & gun style and the speed of our backcourt. (Rose/Wall/Irving)
    If we can throw some big bodies on the Gasols & Ibaka (Drummond/Cousins) then Davis is freed to block some shots off the double team.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Nice. Anxiously awaiting the Blue/White game on Friday.
    What time is the game on friday? Also, is it on NBATV?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Sorry. Spain has a great frontcourt, but they still have to contest with our run & gun style and the speed of our backcourt. (Rose/Wall/Irving)
    If we can throw some big bodies on the Gasols & Ibaka (Drummond/Cousins) then Davis is freed to block some shots off the double team.
    So basically instead of going small like everyone is saying on here, go the exact opposite and go super big?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    What time is the game on friday? Also, is it on NBATV?
    8:00 on ESPN

Thread Information