Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I don't want to view the video but does this look like a potentially career ending injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tibia and fibula snapped, that much is clear. right now I'm hoping it's a Kevin ware like injury or maybe even an Anderson silva type, but It could also be a joe thiesman career ending like injury.

Just let D League guys play for Team USA.. Let it be their time to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I don't want to view the video but does this look like a potentially career ending injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, just looks like something that may take him 1-2 years to fully recover from. He *should* only miss this coming season.

Is AD the only exhibition game player who hasn't issued a statement about it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Is AD the only exhibition game player who hasn't issued a statement about it yet?
    AD - confirmed selfish jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    AD - confirmed selfish jerk.
    Finally got it up 1 min ago

"@AntDavis23
    Man everybody please pray for my big bro PG! Keep his spirits up! We here for you @Paul_George24 "

Wonder what he and Monty discussed after that.

D league allstars vs the Gasol bros aaaannnddd FIBA tournament complete.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Bones usually heals better and faster than flesh, ligaments and tendons. I expect him to sit a year and come back like he never left. Prayers go to this man rehabilitation and recovery.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Again I don't have a problem with coach K cutting things short. I just dislike illogical dogmas'. Thinking that all of a sudden everybody was in grave danger of getting injured just makes no sense.
    What you are clearly missing is that the danger factor DOES go up.

Why you ask? Because everyone will start playing "to not get hurt" and everyone knows that when you try to protect yourself instead of playing freely, you are more likely to get injured.

Yes from a pure statistical factor, having an event happen does not increase the chances of another event happening, (it also doesn't decrease it - If I flip a coin and get heads 4 straight times, what are my odds of getting heads on the next flip??? its still 50%)

Then you take in the factor of what everyone else has already said, it was gruesome, nobody's mind was right. Shut down the practice.

I saw the replay once and that I was all i could take. Imagine watching a PEER and CLOSE FRIEND have that happen right before your eyes.

Banned
    He did the right thing no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    What you are clearly missing is that the danger factor DOES go up.

Why you ask? Because everyone will start playing "to not get hurt" and everyone knows that when you try to protect yourself instead of playing freely, you are more likely to get injured.

Yes from a pure statistical factor, having an event happen does not increase the chances of another event happening, (it also doesn't decrease it - If I flip a coin and get heads 4 straight times, what are my odds of getting heads on the next flip??? its still 50%)

Then you take in the factor of what everyone else has already said, it was gruesome, nobody's mind was right. Shut down the practice.

I saw the replay once and that I was all i could take. Imagine watching a PEER and CLOSE FRIEND have that happen right before your eyes.
    These guys are professionals and have played this game all their lives and have seen guys blow out knees and other things and still continued to play games, practices, workouts, etc.

Saying that the chances of someone getting injured is the same as it was when the scrimmage 1st started is only making my point. So if it made sense to have this exhibition game before the injury it makes sense to continue only if the objective is to avoid more injuries.

Again I was not disagreeing with the ideal or the decision to forfeit the rest of the match. It was people saying bench a player or stop the contest because the players now are at greater risk of getting injured that I call BS on.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    He actually went and visited PG in the hospital and talked with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    He also did release a statement eventually. Just took longer than most of the others. Maybe because he didn't immediately grab his phone after the scrimmage.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He also did release a statement eventually. Just took longer than most of the others. Maybe because he didn't immediately grab his phone after the scrimmage.
    Would it have been a big deal if he didnt say anything on twitter? I don't get why some guys seemingly would have been dissapointed if he didn't. Who cares a thousand other people would have and he could just said something in person.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Would it have been a big deal if he didnt say anything on twitter? I don't get why some guys seemingly would have been dissapointed if he didn't. Who cares a thousand other people would have and he could just said something in person.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Exactly. Plus he actually went in person first instead of just tweeting it.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Wait really? How do you know this? Because that's a great move by AD.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Maybe to some it is. Personally I didn't care one way or the other. But AD does come off as a leader of whatever team he is on. The fact he went to see PG is cool.

Yes he does, Im impressed by the maturity he displays consistently. He reminds of duncan in ways and some others but really I haven't seen many players at his age act this way.

Is there any box score for the game? I mean yeah, I'm sorry PG, but how did AD shoot?! These are the burning questions.

I know it looks bad, but this is a much better situation than tearing an ACL or an Achilles, or heck, it's even better than tearing your meniscus. Once he is healed from this break, he'll be 100%. Any of the other injuries (tendons, ligaments, and cartilage), he's going to have issues for the rest of his life.

Gruesome? Yes. Career threatening? Not even close.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    Wait really? How do you know this? Because that's a great move by AD.
    It's on twitter somewhere. Seems like he was either the only guy or at least the first one to go.

Is there any box score for the game? I mean yeah, I'm sorry PG, but how did AD shoot?! These are the burning questions.
    He was pretty bad shooting wise. Took mostly jumpers but missed most of them. But to be fair I think before the injury they were saying both teams were shooting like 30% for the night. Rose was honestly the only one I noticed playing well and super efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He was pretty bad shooting wise. Took mostly jumpers but missed most of them. But to be fair I think before the injury they were saying both teams were shooting like 30% for the night. Rose was honestly the only one I noticed playing well and super efficiently.
    Yeah. I actually lost interest after the 5min mark in the 2nd qtr.

It was just far too much "me" ball going on. Came back when I thought it'd be near the end to see PG on a stretcher.

Finally got it up 1 min ago
    Congratulations to you and the missus

Thread Information