Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't see how continuing would be a sign of disrespect to George. I don't have a problem with them stopping it's a scrimmage. People just overreact like all of a sudden to whole team is now endanger of being injured more than it was anytime before or after tip off.
    I don't think anyone is thinking that way. I do think that an injury like this puts into perspective what a lot of people put to the back of their mind when watching a player on their team play in international ball. That maybe it isn't worth it to have your 50 million dollar+ players to risk injury in international play, however low the probability of a Paul George like injury actually happening to them is.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Did you see the state of mind of the players? You try and continue to play with that in your ueadand something else bad can happen when people don't have their mind right.
    Again I don't have a problem with coach K cutting things short. I just dislike illogical dogmas'. Thinking that all of a sudden everybody was in grave danger of getting injured just makes no sense.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Again I don't have a problem with coach K cutting things short. I just dislike illogical dogmas'. Thinking that all of a sudden everybody was in grave danger of getting injured just makes no sense.
    It was out of respect and no disrespect intended, but that was gross. And it's only a scrimmage, it's not that serious to continue playing if they didnt want too. They all looked sort of disinterested except maybe D Rose and a few others before that injury also.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

AD just looked like he was messing around. He was trying to take on KD

tbh i wanted the game to stop, because when it happened i wasn't really paying attention and i was like, crap whos down is it Davis?
    And for the sake of Davis getting seriously injured, i wanted the game to stop lol.

What chance? You mean like playing in the 1st place? Every time a player laces up his sneaker and begin to play/train there's a chance they can get injured. There's no reason to believe playing after a player was injured that the chances of them getting injured is affected in anyway.
    But I wouldn't keep playing over a scrimmage
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Man I was so hyped for the game tonight, never thought I would feel like this when it was over.

I'll be praying for Paul George. Horrific injury but hopefully one he can recover from. Don't think it was an open fracture like Ware's was. USA basketball is a class act. Monty, Thib and coach K with great responses. Monty was first to respond and console George. Then he pulled over both teams and led them in a prayer. Players obviously shaken up and no reason to continue playing scrimmage. I'm sure team USA will dedicate their season to Paul.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

put AD on a plane home

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I'll be praying for Paul George. Horrific injury but hopefully one he can recover from. Don't think it was an open fracture like Ware's was. USA basketball is a class act. Monty, Thib and coach K with great responses. Monty was first to respond and console George. Then he pulled over both teams and led them in a prayer. Players obviously shaken up and no reason to continue playing scrimmage. I'm sure team USA will dedicate their season to Paul.
    It might have been open, he had compression leggings on. How about the lack of screaming for paul george? Took it like a man if i've ever seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    It might have been open, he had compression leggings on. How about the lack of screaming for paul george? Took it like a man if i've ever seen one.
    Hard to tell with socks. One tough dude.

I just saw a photo where his tibia bone is sticking out of his sock and on the ground. Basketball player's worst nightmare

ESPN made a good point, the base of the goal seems a lot closer to the court than in NBA arena's.

I just saw a photo where his tibia bone is sticking out of his sock and on the ground. Basketball player's worst nightmare
    Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    ESPN made a good point, the base of the goal seems a lot closer to the court than in NBA arena's.
    Agreed, i think that's the same reason Noel tore his knee up

God that was tough to watch. The next logical question is what to do for these players and how close they get to that base on the basket? Im sure they can make a new system that rea hes farther back or hangs from above w no base close to the court. Nerlens Noel got very close to the base when he tore his ACL. I'm sure they will look into this now. Players have been getting bigger, faster and stronger for years so when they take off on a play like this they sail further so their landing is further than previously thought hence the injury. Prayers for Paul.

Agreed, i think that's the same reason Noel tore his knee up
    Yea Florida stands are very close to the court like the building in Vegas.

Prayers definitely out to him...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Yea Florida stands are very close to the court like the building in Vegas.
    It's time for players to refuse to play on these types of courts imho. I also feel they should move the cameramen back.

Damn this is the last thing you want to be discussioning after so many stars in the game just got off the court playing with/against each other. Hope Paul can power through this.

I remember everyone questioning the stanchions during summer league. Or during Pro-AMs. Or at Rucker Park...

Oh wait...
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I don't want to view the video but does this look like a potentially career ending injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's time for players to refuse to play on these types of courts imho. I also feel they should move the cameramen back.
    I have always thought it was ridiculous to put the players in danger for the cameramen. They are always too close to the court.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    I remember everyone questioning the stanchions during summer league. Or during Pro-AMs. Or at Rucker Park...

Oh wait...
    Perhaps this unfortunate incident will help promote a sensible improvement like the backboard and basket extending downward.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I have always thought it was ridiculous to put the players in danger for the cameramen. They are always too close to the court.
    Agree 100%. No reason for cameramen to be under basket. Hopefully will lead to discussion and changes for player safety. (kind of like what's happened in the NFL)

Thread Information