Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball Camp Thread

i watched the practice today, didn't show much of Davis.. but something good to see was at the end, they showed Davis working with Monty after the session on ball handling.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Observation, but it looks like Monty and Davis have built a great bond. I'm afraid if we were ever to let Monty lose, Davis would leave as well. Monty looks to be a father figure to this kid, similar to CP3 and Byron Scott.
    Last edited by j_bones; 07-29-2014 at 10:11 PM.

it's a definite possibility that Spain could beat team USA. mainly because of the experience factor, but also because it's knockout basketball and anything could happen if someone heats up, someone has found trouble etc. But we'll see how well the team gels, One thing about team Usa is they try and get players that compliment each other more so then n before, which greatly reduces the chance at any upset
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Video interview with AD:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/ai...40729_28728856

He mentions in late game situations Ryan Will play the 4, he will play the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Video interview with AD:

Always made the most sense, mostly due to FT shooting and other teams going small at ends of games.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Video interview with AD:

To be fair he was just saying when they have played both of them at the end, he's played the 5. It seemed like he was talking more about last year and just in general. But I do think they will finish most games together.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j_bones View Post
    Observation, but it looks like Monty and Davis have built a great bond. I'm afraid if we were ever to let Monty lose, Davis would leave as well. Monty looks to be a father figure to this kid, similar to CP3 and Byron Scott.
    Yeah. My supermodel ex used to sing to me while she massaged my back. And then she left me for a hunkier guy.

The other day, my ol' lady was humming while making meatballs.

I'm getting worried...

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Curry, Irving
    Harden, Thompson
    George, Korver
    Durant
    Davis, Cousins,

are locks in my opinion. Beal, DeRozan, Hayward, and Faried are injury insurance.

The Battles

Wall vs Lilliard

Shooting vs speed and defensive disruption. Edge: Wall. Harden is a mess defensively, as is Irving. Thompson is disruptive enough against smaller PGs. Take away the advantage that most NBA PGs have over him speed wise and Thompson becomes a plus defender for the international game. How Lilliard wins: He shoots lights out, defends adequately, shoots really well, hope Parsons beats out Milsap as stretch 4 allowing him to play off ball with a point power foward.

Parsons vs Millsap

Ballhandling vs Rebounding. Millsap has proved to be an effective stretch 4 that can rebound his position. Parsons is the superior ballhandler, but his advantages are negated because The PGs, Harden, George, and Durant can all initiate offense similiarly or better. He'll have to shoot very well and show some impact defensively to beat out Millsap.

Derrick Rose

I don't see a scenario where he makes the team without multiple injuries.

Andre Drummond

makes the team as an Anthony Davis type human victory cigar and as foul trouble insurance to Cousins and Davis.
    Last edited by DefensiveMind; 07-30-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Paul George on Monty:

"Monty (Williams) is straight to the point. He lets you know what’s going on. He gives you assignments. His mind for basketball is at an elite level as far as the coaches in this league."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...ressive-player

Looks like Rose will be on the team. Plus, from what I've heard, he's in the starting lineup. Drummond makes the team just cause we don't have many bigs, but he will be terrible in the international game.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Curry, Irving
    Harden, Thompson
    George, Korver
    Durant
    Davis, Cousins,

are locks in my opinion. Beal, DeRozan, Hayward, and Faried are injury insurance.

The Battles

Wall vs Lilliard

Shooting vs speed and defensive disruption. Edge: Wall. Harden is a mess defensively, as is Irving. Thompson is disruptive enough against smaller PGs. Take away the advantage that most NBA PGs have over him speed wise and Thompson becomes a plus defender for the international game. How Lilliard wins: He shoots lights out, defends adequately, shoots really well, hope Parsons beats out Milsap as stretch 4 allowing him to play off ball with a point power foward.

Parsons vs Millsap

Ballhandling vs Rebounding. Millsap has proved to be an effective stretch 4 that can rebound his position. Parsons is the superior ballhandler, but his advantages are negated because The PGs, Harden, George, and Durant can all initiate offense similiarly or better. He'll have to shoot very well and show some impact defensively to beat out Millsap.

Derrick Rose

I don't see a scenario where he makes the team without multiple injuries.

Andre Drummond

makes the team as an Anthony Davis type human victory cigar and as foul trouble insurance to Cousins and Davis.
    I typically agree with most things you say, but Rose is going to make and start for this team i think. The press he;s been getting already is pretty hyped.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Yeah, Rose is almost certainly making it. One of those PGs are going to have to be left off. If it were me, I'd keep Wall.

I've seen Melo make this move a million times. A third of the time he makes it with ease, another third it's an and-1, and the other third he misses but gets sent to the line.

Can't recall too many times anyone just straight up blocked him.

Anywho, if Derrick Rose is back to his old self and can stay healthy? Then I am one happy camper. Was easily my favorite player to watch until AD showed up.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 07-30-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Have yall seen the lineups for the blue and white game yet? Who do yall think is going to win?

I think AD might have his work cut out for him

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

I've seen Melo make this move a million times. A third of the time he makes it with ease, another third it's an and-1, and the other third he misses but gets sent to the line.

Can't recall too many times anyone just straight up blocked him.

Anywho, if Derrick Rose is back to his old self and can stay healthy? Then I am one happy camper. Was easily my favorite player to watch until AD showed up.
    Really? i hated him because he took over Cp3 reign as best point guard in the league, and this was when cp3 was my favourite player playing for the hornets.

Anyone care to post the team lineups for the intramural game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Really? i hated him because he took over Cp3 reign as best point guard in the league, and this was when cp3 was my favourite player playing for the hornets.
    I cant believe there's somebody that felt the way I felt, and still feel that way
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Kinda, yeah. I always thought Chris Paul was a better PG overall, but I am and will always be a sucker for a high flying athlete. Unless he's named Blake Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Anyone care to post the team lineups for the intramural game?
    Blue: Curry, AD, DeRozan, Faried, PG, Hayward, Korver, Plumlee, DRose, Wall
    White: Beal, Cousins, Drummond, KD, Harden, Irving, Lillard, Millsap, Parsons, Thompson

Blue: Curry, AD, DeRozan, Faried, PG, Hayward, Korver, Plumlee, DRose, Wall
    White: Beal, Cousins, Drummond, KD, Harden, Irving, Lillard, Millsap, Parsons, Thompson
    That is going to be a fun game to watch.

Mason Plumlee likely to make team over Cousins.

Wow.

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/st...80981577617408

Plumlee looking to secure that coveted Christian Laettner roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Mason Plumlee likely to make team over Cousins.

Wow.

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/st...80981577617408
    Cousins has to be the biggest head case ever. Losing his spot to Mason Plumlee. I mean Plumlee is no scrub but he's not even in the same universe as Cousins talent wise.

When is the intramural game and where can you watch?

Thread Information