Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Other fans think AD is roiding...

Pelicans Other fans think AD is roiding...

Was just reading through some NBA reddit posts and there seems to be a healthy amount of fans who think AD is roiding. Apparently his weight gain is unheard of without PEDs. What do you all think? How can we defend AD's honor? Or is he roiding?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Implants. Muscle implants.

I doubt he's roiding, but there are a lot of PEDs besides steroids that can help you out and the league supposedly doesn't have the most stringent PED policy right now (one of the things on Silver's list for the next CBA). However, your diet and exercise patterns can really affect how much HGH your body natural produces. I read up on the paleo diet last week after DWade said he started doing it because of Ray Allen, and that kind of diet helps you increase your HGH production. A young genetic freak like AD may well be getting these results "naturally".

How much weight did he gain? To gain in excess of 25lbs while playing the game of basketball on a daily basis is very difficult to do without some form of PED. Doesn't necessarily have to be steroids. If you liken his weight gain to Barry Bonds weight gain, I don't think anyone did not think Bonds was using PED's.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Was just reading through some NBA reddit posts and there seems to be a healthy amount of fans who think AD is roiding. Apparently his weight gain is unheard of without PEDs. What do you all think? How can we defend AD's honor? Or is he roiding?

If lebron and dwight have become what they are...uh...hm...yeah.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He went from 220 to like 240. Is that really unheard of?

Well he do play in New Orleans where the food so good, make you gain a pound a day.

This is a very interesting thread, interesting to see fans reactions when it's one of their players accused of cheating vs other teams players. If he is roiding would anyone in NOLA care one bit?

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    This is a very interesting thread, interesting to see fans reactions when it's one of their players accused of cheating vs other teams players. If he is roiding would anyone in NOLA care one bit?
    It's weird because I tend to think LeBron, Dwight, and others must use PEDs cause players in the past have never looked as big and cut as they do. If literally all the best players in the league do it, the moral dilema becomes much more complicated. Is it cheating if you are doing it to match your competition?

It's also likely that he is on the back end of his young growth spurt where muscle packs on very easily. We need a developmental doctor in here

I condone it, anything to allow Davis to become one of the best , except i hope he realises he doesn't have to become Dwight Howard big to make a historic impact on the league.

It's weird because I tend to think LeBron, Dwight, and others must use PEDs cause players in the past have never looked as big and cut as they do. If literally all the best players in the league do it, the moral dilema becomes much more complicated. Is it cheating if you are doing it to match your competition?

It's also likely that he is on the back end of his young growth spurt where muscle packs on very easily. We need a developmental doctor in here
    The reason why guys like LBJ and D12 are so muscular probably has to do more with advancements in the science of muscle building more so than cheating IMO. LBJ was big from day1 and if you add in natural weight gain with aging plus his workout routine, you get the results that he has gotten. Same with D12. If I were to suspect (which I do not) players to be on HGH, I'd suspect the injured guys like Westbrook that return rather quickly with little to no side effects from the injury.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd think he'd be bigger through the legs than this if he were roiding.

If PED's are what it takes to compete at the highest level and he feels he has to do that in order to be at the top, then more power to him. I fully supported Barry Bonds when he looked at Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa hitting home runs in record numbers and he said I am better than both those guys by leaps and bounds. Then he started doing what they were doing and he showed them he was the best. Just curious how many thought Bonds was a villain but will not turn a blind eye if AD is cheating because he is on the hometown team.

Like Ryan Braun, how many Milwaukee fans do you think hated Bonds but now support Braun.

I think the PED witch hunt in sports is stupid, especially for some of the PEDs that are being used to help older guys recover from injury faster. I'm no doctor, but I'd be willing to bet that some of these substances can be beneficial with minimal side effects if they were administered in the open by a sports medicine professional rather than self administered in the shadows. I get the concern about kids wrecking their bodies by going this route early, but 1) we're already to that point and right now and what the kids are taking is all in the shadows too and therefor uncontrolled and 2) that's honestly a problem for the high schools to manage, not pros.

It's weird because I tend to think LeBron, Dwight, and others must use PEDs cause players in the past have never looked as big and cut as they do. [*snip*]
    Isn't weight training a relatively recent thing in the NBA? Like only the last 15 years or so it was taken seriously? I seem to remember this from somewhere but I can't find any sources about the history of weight training in the NBA, so I might just be mis-remembering.

This sounds exactly like the arguments that were made in baseball when players started getting bigger and stronger. Weight training alone cannot pack on 25 lbs of muscle in 3 months. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Isn't weight training a relatively recent thing in the NBA? Like only the last 15 years or so it was taken seriously? I seem to remember this from somewhere but I can't find any sources about the history of weight training in the NBA, so I might just be mis-remembering.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This sounds exactly like the arguments that were made in baseball when players started getting bigger and stronger. Weight training alone cannot pack on 25 lbs of muscle in 3 months. Sorry.
    Wow...hardly know where to start.

So let's be simple.

So you know for an absolute, beyond reasonable doubt fact that he gained 25lbs of muscle in exactly 3 months? Like you were in the weight room with him when he stepped on a scale, then again when he weighed himself 3 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I find that hard to believe, but it is possible. Did MR not hit the weight room? What about Barkley? The only oldschool legend I can think of that has looked this ripped is David Robinson. I really don't know maybe we could do some research on this

I gained 18 pounds in 4 weeks before using nothing but protein power and pre workout, while worrying about school and a job. AD is young, is 7ft tall so has plenty of room, and now it is his job to be an athlete. With the right workout and diet there is no questioning this can be done without roids...

I packed on muscle just like Davis did, I went from 160 to 185 in a matter of months. Everybody body's different.

It's called lifting

Did you play/practice basketball, running up and down a court for 3 hours a day?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I gained 18 pounds in 4 weeks before using nothing but protein power and pre workout, while worrying about school and a job. AD is young, is 7ft tall so has plenty of room, and now it is his job to be an athlete. With the right workout and diet there is no questioning this can be done without roids...

I think the responses are proving my point, nobody wants to believe it when it's their guy. Wasn't everyone in baseball who made these type of gains found guilty of using in the end? Same arguments made then as well, but when it was all said and done they were all guilty.

Were Bonds, Sosa, Canseco, Rodriquez and Clemens just lifting?

Here's an article from LiveStrong.com which claims you can increase your natural HGH levels by over 1000% if you add up all the steps they list, basically the right diet, exercise, sleep patterns and amino acid supplements, which I don't believe are considered PEDs. http://www.livestrong.com/article/28...se-hgh-levels/ I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking some supplements that may be in a gray area because that happens so often in pro sports, but I don't think we should discount the fact that he might just be really committed to improving his body. DWade was complaining about paleo diet and having to eat Asparagus and Zucchini. Maybe gaining a lot of weight in such a short time without PEDs is unusual because most pro athletes live like kings and would rather eat fast food while they work out.

Thread Information