Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon and Potential

Eric Gordon and Potential

Am I dumb to dream of this teams potential if Monty can get Eric Gordon to buy into the role of a 3 and D player. He has all of the tools to be very good one but the effort hasn't been there on defense and he's focused too much on getting to the basket, in turn passing up open 3 point opportunities. How good could the Pels be if he buys in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He isn't buying into any role but go to scorer/"leader". It is just who he thinks he is.
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    He isn't buying into any role but go to scorer/"leader". It is just who he thinks he is.
    He can think he's a leader all he wants. Part of that is doing what's best for the team. All he has to do is look at Ryno to see that you can be a scorer and a shooter. His spot up 3 numbers are fantastic. I think the defensive end will be a little more difficult but 3 and D players get paid. He's technically in a contract year as well so we'll see.

do not question the cornerstone!

,''I won't get into that because I thought they brought me here to lead and set the tone for the team." - Eric Gordon

This guy is delusional, he won't accept that. He's been pegged as a future super star all his life, gets paid like a superstar, and still think he has that potential. That potential that made Gordon a player with a high upside was his elite athleticism and that's gone so he's no more than a average SG.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 07-24-2014 at 10:12 PM.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    ,''I won't get into that because I thought they brought me here to lead and set the tone for the team." - Eric Gordon

This guy is delusional, he won't accept that. He been pegged as a future super star all his life gets paid like a superstar and still think he has that potential. That potential that made Gordon a player with a high upside was his elite athleticism and that's gone so he's no more than a average SG.
    You can't take the quote out of context though. He was asked about coming off the bench. I'm sure he sees that Tyreke Evans was only getting about 27 minutes a game off the bench so that worries him considering this could be his contract year. I'd like to see him lead and set the tone on the defensive end if that's what he wants to be.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

This guy is delusional, he won't accept that. He been pegged as a future super star all his life gets paid like a superstar and still think he has that potential. That potential that made Gordon a player with a high upside was his elite athleticism and that's gone so he's no more than a average SG.
    Good point. He's not average though. He's better than average. I think he's going to have his best year this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Good point. He's not average though. He's better than average. I think he's going to have his best year this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope he has his best year this year, 1. it'll help us make the playoffs, so he can say he actually did something here besides help us beat the suns and the mavericks those 2 times, and 2. so if he opts in his expiring contract becomes easier to trade

Have we talked about Eric Gordon's 15% trade kicker. Think that has deterred teams because they are under the belief he'd exercise it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Have we talked about Eric Gordon's 15% trade kicker. Think that has deterred teams because they are under the belief he'd exercise it?
    I forgot about this, he's literally untradeable.

I mean he's not much worse than Chandler Parsons and is on a better deal, but that kicker is a death sentence. Who wats to pay Gordon 17 million??

I think the new TV deal probably kills any hope of him opting out after this year as well

His potential is thru the roof, but like a wise man once said, "Kid, your potential is gonna get me fired."

You people on here are obsessed with Eric Gordon. Yea let's take one of the most talented SG's in the league and turn him into a role players. Man, that a great plan. That will get us to the playoffs. Thanks for the amazing wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Am I dumb to dream of this teams potential if Monty can get Eric Gordon to buy into the role of a 3 and D player. He has all of the tools to be very good one but the effort hasn't been there on defense and he's focused too much on getting to the basket, in turn passing up open 3 point opportunities. How good could the Pels be if he buys in?

I forgot about this, he's literally untradeable.

image credit: rocky rockerson

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    You people on here are obsessed with Eric Gordon. Yea let's take one of the most talented SG's in the league and turn him into a role players. Man, that a great plan. That will get us to the playoffs. Thanks for the amazing wisdom.
    Being one of the most talented SGs in the league doesn't mean **** if you can't stay relatively healthy.

Neither can Anderson! Never a mention of that on here!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Being one of the most talented SGs in the league doesn't mean **** if you can't stay relatively healthy.

lol Eric Gordon had a -8.2 difference on our offensive rating

Anderson played in 81 games his first year here and has only had 1 injury in NO. Gordon has had a significant every year he's been here and never played in 81 games in a season before.

And the Spurs had a better offensive rating with Tony Parker out. Think they should dump him?

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    lol Eric Gordon had a -8.2 difference on our offensive rating

Randerson had a FLUKE injury because of Gerald Wallace. Comparing his time missed to Gordon's is apples to oranges.
    Now had you said J. SMIHT I would have agreed....

Can you walk us through Anderson's injury history?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Randerson had a FLUKE injury because of Gerald Wallace. Comparing his time missed to Gordon's is apples to oranges.
    Now had you said J. SMIHT I would have agreed....
    More like apples to elephants.

Yeah and notice how J.Smith is no longer on the team

I came across this highlight video of Gordon and Reke from the Bulls game where Jrue hit the game winning layup. And I noticed that Gordon came up big for us offensively and defensively in the 4th and ots of that game. He can be big time when he wants to be, the problem is he doesn't seem like he want to be.

Edit: forgot the link to the video lol http://youtu.be/rBJlYcj7N7c

Only one time in his career has he played in more than 66 games. Averaging 59 games per season for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Can you walk us through Anderson's injury history?

Thread Information