Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric Gordon and Potential

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I am forcing myself to bite the bullet as long as he is still a member of the Pels, but no matter how well he performs, he is just too redundant and we can put the money to much better use.....
    How is he redundant, please explai.

If he is as healthy as some people have mentioned, I expect this due to play very well and our offense to be explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    How is he redundant, please explai.
    We have a 2 guard that is much better than gordon for our team (evans) and gordon can't play the 3. That's redundant enough

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    We have a 2 guard that is much better than gordon for our team (evans) and gordon can't play the 3. That's redundant enough
    Your answer says it all.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I truly believe that the Evans signing was based on the intention of moving Gordon.... granted it hasn't happened yet, but the day will eventually come and a good bit of money will be freed up when it does.... hopefully, for next years free agency period.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I still think Evans was brought in as depth and to serve as a utilitarian role for the team because of his versatility. Whether management had intentions on trading EG or not I'm not sure, although they have been rumored to put him on the block before. I don't think it has to be one or the other with our core we have, Monty and the staff just need to make it work but unfortunately injuries have become a major obstacle for this team.

I'm warming up to the idea of Tyreke Evans playing the 3 and Eric Gordon holding down the 2. Especially after seeing those great numbers Tyreke averaged while playing SF. Put the 5 best players on the court and do work.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

I'd rather Tyreke come off the bench and play the 1 on O with Jimmer, Rivers, and Ryno, then play the 3 on D. The issue becomes who starts at the 3 - Salmons, Babbit, or Miller - and I think they one of them could do it. Tyreke played well when he commanded the offense and he won't get that playing alongside Jrue, let alone both Jrue and EJ.

Ironically, when I play 2k with his line up the game automatically has Tyreke commanding the offense a good bit of the time. Slash with Reke, kick to open shooters in Jrue and Gordon. LeBron commanded the offense from the 3 his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    I'd rather Tyreke come off the bench and play the 1 on O with Jimmer, Rivers, and Ryno, then play the 3 on D. The issue becomes who starts at the 3 - Salmons, Babbit, or Miller - and I think they one of them could do it. Tyreke played well when he commanded the offense and he won't get that playing alongside Jrue, let alone both Jrue and EJ.
    Who plays PF in the lineup?

Can't have Rivers, Jimmer, Reke, Ryno AND a SF.

Any lineup with Rivers, Jimmer, and Reke automatically makes Reke the 3. Same problem as starting lineup.

We have Gordon until at least the trade deadline. We should all hope he plays with more effort, consistent aggressiveness, decisiveness, etc. I also hope he has regained some burst and some stamina. I don't care if he starts or not. I just want him to contribute in all phases and give max effort. I have not seen that for more than a few quarters in a row since he got here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Who plays PF in the lineup?

Can't have Rivers, Jimmer, Reke, Ryno AND a SF.

Any lineup with Rivers, Jimmer, and Reke automatically makes Reke the 3. Same problem as starting lineup.
    Again, this is just an idea so bear with me...but I was thinking Tyreke plays the 3 on D. Tyreke simply plays as the primary ballhandler on O with Rivers, Jimmer, Ryno, and Ajinca. Definitely a small lineup.

But technically, the lineup would show as:

1. Rivers
    2. Jimmer
    3. Reke
    4. Ryno
    5. Ajinca

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    one day eric gordon will look back at his career and think of one word, "potential"
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Neither can Anderson! Never a mention of that on here!
    Don't take it personal Eric. If you going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

image credit: rocky rockerson
    Is THAT what he looks like when he smiles?

....creepy...

Thread Information