Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monty.....unconventional line up. black and blue report

Monty.....unconventional line up. black and blue report

Monty was on the black and blue report today. He said he'll use an unconventional line up this year.

Jrue, Reke, Randerson, AD, Asik?

PG: Ajinca
    SG: Asik
    SF: King Cake Baby
    PF: Rivers
    C: Russ

Your move, Spurs.

PG: Reke
    SG: Jrue
    SF: Davis
    C: Anderson

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    PG: Ajinca
    SG: Asik
    SF: King Cake Baby
    C: Russ

Your move, Spurs.
    the nuclear option...
    I like it

This way Monty's response to Sean Kelly's question about what was going to happen at SF:

Monty: It's something that ummm, do we have a prototype small forward? No, but I have to be able to make some adjustments at that position. I'm not gonna reveal what I'm going to do just yet, but I do feel like we have the people around on our team that can allow me to maybe play a bit differently than other teams, but because of the defensive moves that we've made, especially getting Jrue back, it might not be your prototype line up that you see out there from time to time but it's going to be an effective lineup just because of who we have on our front line and the experience that we have and our pace of play is something that we feel like has gotten better over the last couple of years and I think we're going to be even better this year. It always starts on the defensive end. We don't have a prototype Small Forward, but nobody has a perfect team. You have to make the most of what you have and we have some really good guys and that's something that I'm looking forward to.

It's bobbit, I'm calling it.

Tyreke Small Forward/ Point Forward

I thought Reke at SF as soon as a read it.

I think Reke can play point forward with the starting 5. Jrue is money as a jump shooter, same with Gordon who can benefit from catching and pump faking and then getting a step on the defender. He's our best ball handler & play maker and two guards who can knock down catch and shoot opportunities

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Miller will start at SF Reke is coming off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

hahahaha no

So I can only think of 2 possible outcomes from this so called unconventional lineup:

1. a PG/SG at SF - Tyreke Evans - Maybe Tyreke is a little short for SF but he has a great wingspan, weight, and strength, and has Davis and Asik behind him. Plus presents a matchup problem for other SF's who aren't as quick.

Jrue
    Gordon
    Tyreke
    Davis
    Asik

2. A stretch PF at SF - Ryan Anderson - This might be a huge possibility since he said our defensive front court will be so good.

Jrue
    Tyreke or Gordon
    Ryno
    Davis
    Asik

MM, shed some light on this, what you think?
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 07-24-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again..... don't fall asleep on him.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

but babbitt wouldn't be unconventional...

unconventional would be starting a player out of position, like tyreke who is a sg at sf or ryno who is a pf at sf.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

This is what I'm hoping for. I just think that bench rotation is catered to Reke. Salmons or Babbit could start until Miller's ready. Then again, if he ain't ready now then he probably won't ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    How is Babbit formed?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Y'all better get ready, Miller-Time is coming. He will be the most improved player. Rivers will be second most improved.

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    This way Monty's response to Sean Kelly's question about what was going to happen at SF:

Monty: It's something that ummm, do we have a prototype small forward? No, but I have to be able to make some adjustments at that position. I'm not gonna reveal what I'm going to do just yet, but I do feel like we have the people around on our team that can allow me to maybe play a bit differently than other teams, but because of the defensive moves that we've made, especially getting Jrue back, it might not be your prototype line up that you see out there from time to time but it's going to be an effective lineup just because of who we have on our front line and the experience that we have and our pace of play is something that we feel like has gotten better over the last couple of years and I think we're going to be even better this year. It always starts on the defensive end. We don't have a prototype Small Forward, but nobody has a perfect team. You have to make the most of what you have and we have some really good guys and that's something that I'm looking forward to.
    Much appreciated.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post

He's talking about Davis and Asik right here, sorry IRT, no Davis at 3

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    How is Babbit formed?
    They need to do way instain Monty. Who bench their Babbit because these babbit cant play well.
    It was on pelicansreport this mroin.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

2. A stretch PF at SF - Ryan Anderson - This might be a huge possibility since he said our defensive front court will be so good.

Jrue
    Tyreke or Gordon
    Ryno
    Davis
    Asik

MM, shed some light on this, what you think?
    This line-up will equal foul trouble for our bigs. Ryno can't stay in front of any SF. This means SF's will be attacking the rim on almost every play which will lead to foul trouble. This option is no bueno IMO
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    This line-up will equal foul trouble for our bigs. Ryno can't stay in front of any SF. This means SF's will be attacking the rim on almost every play which will lead to foul trouble. This option is no bueno IMO
    Thibodeaux pretty much ruled out a similar lineup of Noah, Gibson and Gasol for defensive reasons in a recent interview, although he said it would have worked in the 90s.

Banned
    ITS RYNOS TIME

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Very good point, pretty sure tyreke will be our sf

With jrue being just as good off ball as on ball expect tyreke to play a ton of point forward

Thread Information