Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AD & Jrue vs Harden & Dwight - Who will win the season series?

You cannot compare Jrue and Harden. Harden is elite at getting to the rim, finishing, shooting, and passing. He is an elite offensive player. He's terrible on defense, but in my opinion, its both a conditioning thing and a mental block. He just doesn't focus on defense. I think Jrue is above average in every category, which is great for us, but Harden right now is the best shooting guard in the NBA.

When Dwight wants to play at his best he can turn it on. He only has about two or three years left in his prime and I think he will start to decline. AD will be a more dominate player on offense and he will be just as good on the defensive end. The Pelicans as a whole team might be able to beat the Rockets, but if they were going two vs two, next year Dwight and Harden are better.

How is harden an elite passer?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPillowTlk View Post
    You cannot compare Jrue and Harden. Harden is elite at getting to the rim, finishing, shooting, and passing. He is an elite offensive player. He's terrible on defense, but in my opinion, its both a conditioning thing and a mental block. He just doesn't focus on defense. I think Jrue is above average in every category, which is great for us, but Harden right now is the best shooting guard in the NBA.
    Give me Kobe Bryant or Goran Dragic over James Harden this year.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-24-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Dragic is a PG and Kobe is coming back from multiple severe knee injuries. There is also a chance he will play more at SF this season due to the Laker roster.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Dragic is a PG and Kobe is coming back from multiple severe knee injuries. There is also a chance he will play more at SF this season due to the Laker roster.
    If that's the case, give me Eric Bledsoe over James Harden. Kobe can play through more than anyone. Kobe says he is 100%.

Bledsoe is also a PG. The Suns ran a lot of two PG lineups.

Players also say things like they are "in the best shape of my life" and then play terribly throughout the season.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Kobe Bryant will draw double and triple teams and still put up big numbers. Kobe Bryant is one of the top 5 basketball players of all time. Kobe Bryant scored 81 points in a game. That may never be done again. Been to the NBA Finals seven times. Now suddenly, James Harden is the best SG? James Harden is unlikely to win a Championship unless he is the 3rd best player on a team. Kobe Bryant says he is 100 percent. I believe he will return to top form. Give me a 35 year old Kobe Bryant with one arm over a prime James Harden.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-24-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Kobe Bryant will draw double and triple teams and still put up big numbers. Kobe Bryant is one of the top 5 basketball players of all time. Kobe Bryant scored 81 points in a game. That may never be done again. Been to the NBA Finals seven times. Now suddenly, James Harden is the best SG? James Harden is unlikely to win a Championship unless he is the 3rd best player on a team. Kobe Bryant says he is 100 percent. I believe he will return to top form. Give me a 35 year old Kobe Bryant with one arm over a prime James Harden.
    Past accomplishments shouldn't play a role in determining who is "currently" the better player.

I despise Harden just as much as you do, but you're reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Past accomplishments shouldn't play a role in determining who is "currently" the better player.

I despise Harden just as much as you do, but you're reaching.
    Agreed. Harden is literally one of the players I least like to watch. He actively ruins the entertainment I get from watching games he is featured in. He is still the best SG in the game right now.

/sigh

Thread Information