Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AD & Jrue vs Harden & Dwight - Who will win the season series?

NBA AD & Jrue vs Harden & Dwight - Who will win the season series?

Since acquiring Dwight Howard, the Rockets fans have often adopted an arrogant demeanor and mocked us Pelicans. I have seen many Rockets shirts around Louisiana since that acquisition. They even traded us a key cog to a complete lineup, probably thinking we are years away from competing with them in the playoffs, definitely hoping we give them a lottery pick. I predict their disregard for the brow and his army will come to a halt this upcoming season when they realize how overrated Harden is.

Asik will summon the wrath of his Turk ancestors and lead the Pel empire on a conquest into the Toyota Center.

These are the games i'm looking forward to most next season. With much of the oil business relocating to Houston, I personally see the Rockets as our biggest rivals.

Harden has recently stated that Dwight and himself are the cornerstones of the Rockets franchise and everyone else is just a role player. So, just between our two respective backcourt - frontcourt dynamic duos (Jrue & AD vs Harden & D12), who is the better duo? At this point, I think each duo has an equal amount of support, the Pelicans with a hole at SF, the Rockets with a half-hole at both PF and PG.

We have won 20 of 43 games played against them in our franchise history. I, personally, expect us to overtake or tie the all time series record this season.

Well I look at harden vs jrue as melo vs paul george

melo is the better scorer but george is better at everything else

same for harden and jrue

harden can outscore him but he's a chucker, jrue's defense and passing blow harden's out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Well I look at harden vs jrue as melo vs paul george

melo is the better scorer but george is better at everything else

same for harden and jrue

harden can outscore him but he's a chucker, jrue's defense and passing blow harden's out of the water.
    Harden is an exceptional passer himself
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue owns Harden. Not too close as you might think. Dwight and Davis would be harder to judge. Overall I think PELS win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were 1-3 vs Houston last year. I don't remember how many of those game we had a healthy squad for. I'm gonna guess 0?... lol

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

Harden passes the ball? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    We were 1-3 vs Houston last year. I don't remember how many of those game we had a healthy squad for. I'm gonna guess 0?... lol
    Won the last game of the season. 2 games before that we were up 15 in the 3rd and blew it. Then EG had 35 at home against Houston only so James harden could steal his shine and drop like 18th in the 4th and the win. I was at that game and it sucked. Not sure about the other time we played them don't remember, but the last 2 games against them rivers played really we'll and we had nobody else really to give the ball to besides morrow.

The Pelicans have the D12 stopper, Asik.

Bold predictions

1 Whether the Pelicans make or miss the playoffs will depend on whether or not they win this series.
    2 The Pelicans will win this series.
    3 The Rockets will get the 8th seed or miss the playoffs in the West.

I'll state it another way, if the Pelicans lose this series, they will miss the playoffs. If the Pelicans tie the series, they have a chance at the playoffs. If the Pelicans win the series, they probably make the playoffs.

I guessed right! ZERO games vs Houston with healthy squad...

Game 1 - Dec 28 L 107-98 New Orleans guard Eric Gordon sat out his second straight game because of a right hip contusion

Game 2 - Jan 15 L 103-100 Tyreke OUT Ankle and Holiday OUT fracture tibia. Randerson OUT

Game 3 - Apr 12 L 111-104 Davis OUT back spasms. Evans OUT coach's decision. Steamer OUT *who cares*. Roberts OUT ankle. Gordon OUT knee. Randerson OUT

Game 4 - Apr 16 W 105-100 Davis out back spasms. Gordon OUT knee. Randerson OUT
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 07-24-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Game 3 - Apr 12 L 111-104 Davis OUT back spasms. Evans OUT coach's decision. Steamer OUT *who cares*. Roberts OUT ankle. Gordon OUT knee. Randerson OUT
    That was the game that someone had tweeted that the Pelicans scored approximately 99 points per game and had players averaging 101 points per game injured & not playing.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    One of those two duos can play defense AND hit free throws.

Care to guess which one?

I think the Dwight - Harden implosion began last year, I saw a few shades of it when Dwight turned back to his childish ways multiple times when he didn't get the ball. Now with harden getting more of green light to shoot due to the loss of parsons combined with always leaving Dwight hanging on defense, I think it becomes more toxic and public due to Dwight's immaturity. With that being said- we sweep them with jrue, Gordon, reke, and spurts of Russ and rivers each having a field day on Harden.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da_freshness View Post
    I think the Dwight - Harden implosion began last year, I saw a few shades of it when Dwight turned back to his childish ways multiple times when he didn't get the ball. Now with harden getting more of green light to shoot due to the loss of parsons combined with always leaving Dwight hanging on defense, I think it becomes more toxic and public due to Dwight's immaturity. With that being said- we sweep them with jrue, Gordon, reke, and spurts of Russ and rivers each having a field day on Harden.
    I just don't see the chemistry between the 2 ever being all that great.

I really think the Rockets are going to be disappointing this year. They're making Parsons seem like he wasn't a big piece of what they did and we've seen Ariza's play in a contract year vs a new contract. They're going to be in for a rude awakening this year IMO

If Houston or Portland has any injury issues like Dwight/harden or lillard/LMA for a significant amount of time they are done for.

Dwight is not as good as he thinks he is. When his athleticism is gone, so is he.

Harden can shoot open 3s and eurostep. No defense. (I do like his style though....beard/mohawk)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Just want to have a healthy team for once... Is it too much to ask?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Also, love this quote by Harden himself:

“Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”
    What a leader

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Dwight is not as good as he thinks he is. When his athleticism is gone, so is he.

Harden can shoot open 3s and eurostep. No defense. (I do like his style though....beard/mohawk)
    Dwight is a very smart defender and rebounder. When his athleticism fades, I see it affecting his offense more with his defense falling at a much, much slower rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Dwight is a very smart defender and rebounder. When his athleticism fades, I see it affecting his offense more with his defense falling at a much, much slower rate.
    I think Dwight's defense is overrated. There, I said it.

What on the defensive side does he offer other than rim protection?
    At least Asik is a great pick and roll defender as well as rim protector. And he doesn't sulk without the ball on offense.

Also, there's this.

Dwight +4.9 on court for his career.
    Omer +7.9 on court for his career.

I look forward to facing Houston this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Also, love this quote by Harden himself:

What a leader
    LOL saying things like this when you're a league-wide embarrassment on defense...must be GREAT to be Harden's teammates.

It's really only a matter of time before the Rockets implode. Really hope it's this season so we can snag their playoff spot. Pressure to win is going to ratchet up this year in Houston...Dwight really should have just gone to Atlanta to be hometown hero for a franchise that would appreciate some playoff runs but won't turn on him if he falls short of expectations.

Honestly, I'm most excited to see the Dwight vs Asik matchup this year. You know OA3 is looking forward to those games...

Quote Originally Posted by whomdoyouwork4 View Post
    You know OA3 is looking forward to those games...
    Oh yeah. He wants to prove that Houston screwed up by putting him on the bench.

I have never seen one rockets jersey in louisiana save for a game or 2

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Harden and Dwight. Haven't seen Jrue and Davis enough to say they are a better duo, but maybe so when Davis reaches his prime. As for Jrue or Harden, Harden is a game changer, a possible superstar who's a beast offensively which overtakes his defensive problems sorta. Jrue is a guy who does everything right, with talent. So jrue may be the better teammate but harden would be the better player IMO
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Thread Information