Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to the Chief... Aminu signs w/ Mavs

NBA Farewell to the Chief... Aminu signs w/ Mavs

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

So, Aminu killed the Mavs when he was with us. Hope he doesn't return the favor.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm just gonna leave this here. "Eh..."

You're welcome.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

One of my favorite all time pelican players and a really talented SF/PF tweener. He has the tools to become the next Shawn Marion. Best of luck chief

He definitely brought some excitement in a couple of otherwise dissapointing seasons => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVvRWVTwrfA

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    So, Aminu killed the Mavs when he was with us. Hope he doesn't return the favor.
    Hey, didn't like..Stiemsma get 7 blocks against us that one time? Then Dell signed him?? That was awesome huh?

Again I say... "Eh...."

hope they use him as a full time 4... see if he can succeed at that position

The end of an era

NIIIIIIIGERIA!!!!

Take care Aminu! One of the most unentional hilarious players ive ever seen .
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    One of the most unentional hilarious players ive ever seen .
    Irony check?

Aminu-Mavs
    B-rob- hornets
    Anthony Morrow- thunder
    Jason smith-Knicks

Nice, Really tough to see those last 2 go but on to the next one.

About time

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Aminu-Mavs
    B-rob- hornets
    Anthony Morrow- thunder
    Jason smith-Knicks

Nice, Really tough to see those last 2 go but on to the next one.
    Aminu to the Mavs means jack all.
    Roberts to the Hornets means jack all.
    Morrow to the Thunder is great. He will help them.
    Smith to the Knicks of great. He will help them.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    ^^^^^^^^

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Aminu gonna back up Parsons. Good deal for the MAVS. PELICANS are rising. SPURS, GRIZZLIES, PELICANS. Why? Makes sense that's why. Rockets will bomb. I hate Dwight the pedophile. MAVS won't be better than the PELS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't get a single sentece you wrote. Maybe I'm drunk, maybe it made zero sense... Who's gonna give?

Now I got you! Agreed, let's have a party and hope he doesn't have one of those 20 rebs night against us.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Good. Just what I was hoping for. Now we have no choice but to totally move on. Cutting the excess fat.

Rivers could be next if he plateaus this season. And Monty too if this season doesn't improve either and the team can stay healthy.

Are people actually annoyed at the fact he left us? I've been waiting three years for this day. No more bricks or out of control layups.

Nothing personal towards Aminu but I don't know if I've ever been so happy for a player to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Aminu to the Mavs means jack all.
    Roberts to the Hornets means jack all.
    Morrow to the Thunder is great. He will help them.
    Smith to the Knicks of great. He will help them.
    The first 2 are addition by subtraction. The 3rd one hurts and the fourth one was a luxury but unnecessary now.

I never thought I would be upset when Aminu is gone, but with this contract (1M per), I think we could have gotten one of the best sf rebounders in the league as a backup for cheap. I mean would you mind playing Aminu 10+ of the bench for defense and rebounding purposes?!.. to make it worse, he went to a division rival. Again, Aminu is not a major factor in any team, but he is a great pick up at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Good. Just what I was hoping for. Now we have no choice but to totally move on. Cutting the excess fat.

Rivers could be next if he plateaus this season. And Monty too if this season doesn't improve either and the team can stay healthy.
    Speaking of Rivers, the fact he is paid $3M per makes Aminu's contract one of the best in the league. just saying !

Don't be too hard on the Chief. He still seems like a small-ball 4 to me. On the right team he can have a productive role.

Thread Information