Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anthony Davis: I like playing the 4

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Tyreke is horrible without floor spacing... and what better floor spacer is there than Ryan Anderson?

Ryno is easily (EASILY) the 2nd most important player on the team even if he isn't the 2nd most talented. And EG literally makes everyone he plays with worse so I don't even know why he's being brought up
    I thought this was pretty apparent last year. We were a worse team when EG was on the floor. That was when I got serious about getting him off the team by any means necessary, even if we didn't get anything great back in return. Because just him being off the team makes us better.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    You said "if he starts asking to play PG" well he's not asking to do that. He's stating what position he likes to play, that combined with what the HC thinks is not turning the entire team over to a 21 year old.
    That's correct. My response was in address of the comment, "let's do whatever he wants". Which I still think is a horrible idea. If it matches the coaches philosophy then great. But you don't let the 21 year old make all the decisions.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's correct. My response was in address of the comment, "let's do whatever he wants". Which I still think is a horrible idea. If it matches the coaches philosophy then great. But you don't let the 21 year old make all the decisions.
    I said let's do whatever he likes to do, not what he wants. He said he likes to play the 4, hence I said, let's let him (play the 4). If he asks to play PG like you suggested, then let's slap him, but what he likes isn't anything to worry about.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 07-24-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    1. AD
    2. Ryno
    3. Jrue
    4. Tyreke
    5. Gordon
    6. Asik

IN THAT ORDER!

Disclaimer: When HEALTHY!

I think ad mention that banging bodies with back to basket center like gasol troubles him. In grantland article, a pelicans coach also said that ad tend to avoid contact when penetrating to basket.

AD thinks he is a PF. AD wants to play PF. I get not letting a 21 yr old dictate your coaching or team building, but let's be real. In today's NBA you have to keep your stars and you do that by winning and keeping them happy. He is a generational talent. If he thinks that PF is the best position for him because it saves wear and tear and that is not an absurd opinion (like him playing PG), then you placate him and play him at PF. Which is exactly what the front office did when they went out and traded for a real C.

Edit - You do not necessarily let him dictate, but you sure as hell consult him and take his opinions into account.
    Last edited by Euphonetiks; 07-24-2014 at 10:28 AM.

I think it may be

Davis
    Asik
    Jrue
    Tyreke
    Ryno
    Gordon

When discussing how good a player is, I think you need to start with what categories the player is elite in. Obviously Davis leads the team in this category. The reason I believe Asik is second is because he is an elite defender and an elite rebounder. His offense may not be glamorous, but he is a top player in the league on one side of the ball. Jrue comes in 3rd for me as he may have the most well-rounded game on the team currently. Tyreke comes in fourth with his elite ability to get to the lane, his transition play, and his rebounding as a guard. Ryno comes 5th with his elite shooting, his effort, and his offensive rebounding. Gordon comes in 6th as he has really only shown to be a knockdown catch and shoot 3point shooter and decent at getting to the basket and drawing fouls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information