Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis: I like playing the 4

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Anthony Davis: I like playing the 4

Miss Lippy's car... is green

Thank AD for clearing that up... everybody wants him to play the 5.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Billy likes to drink soda.

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Thank AD for clearing that up... everybody wants him to play the 5.
    I'm sure he likes playing it too. He's not matched against anyone bigger than him defensively this way. Much easier for him to defend Jason Thompson or whoever the Kings have and not DeMarcus Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeatherNLU View Post
    Billy likes to drink soda.
    It's great that you know this, but there were a lot of people in the off-season (before we signed Asik) that thought AD would be our 5 full time.

This conversation again? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    RTB.....I didn't mean anything by it. I just have a bad habit of continuing anyone who makes Billy Madison references. One of the best movies of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    It's great that you know this, but there were a lot of people in the off-season (before we signed Asik) that thought AD would be our 5 full time.
    Maybe after he fully grows into his frame, Davis can do the hybrid PF/C thing like Duncan has done for the last decade.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Of course he likes playing the 4.

Everyone wants to be a jump shooter now. He knows if he's at the 5 he is going to be much closer to the rim.

And I'm fine with that right now while he's putting on weight. I hope by the time he fully adds the weight that he will be willing to play the 5.

And based off his personality I think he will. I have no doubt when AD is fully developed he will be right at 6'11"-7' and 250-255. If that's not a C I don't know what is.

Straight from the horses mouth. We should never have another thread about AD being our future 5 again. RIP to the AD is a C conversation.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Straight from the horses mouth. We should never have another thread about AD being our future 5 again. RIP to the AD is a C conversation.
    What else will he say? "No, I wanna play five." Which would mean to some that he has reason to form animosity with Asik and by extension the entire franchise and by double extension the city of New Orleans. SO he'll take millions of dollars less at his own risk and eventually leave us. Just like Chris Paul did.

So...good thing he didn't say that.

So Ig he doesn't want to play the 3
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Full context of the quote:

“Whatever position the team wants me to play, I’m going to do it and try my best and excel at it, but my game is really more of a power forward’s,” Davis said. “This is going to help my game a lot. I like playing the four. Now I get a chance to work on more stuff, knowing that I’ll be playing the four a lot more than I have in the past couple of years.”
    http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/ant...lp-my-game-lot

Alot better at the 4
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherNLU View Post
    RTB.....I didn't mean anything by it. I just have a bad habit of continuing anyone who makes Billy Madison references. One of the best movies of all time.
    No big deal I was just giving my reason for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Of course he likes playing the 4.

Everyone wants to be a jump shooter now. He knows if he's at the 5 he is going to be much closer to the rim.

And I'm fine with that right now while he's putting on weight. I hope by the time he fully adds the weight that he will be willing to play the 5.

And based off his personality I think he will. I have no doubt when AD is fully developed he will be right at 6'11"-7' and 250-255. If that's not a C I don't know what is.
    He'll only play the 5 at the end of the fourth quarter in close games. He has indicated that the corner three will be in his repertoire this upcoming season. I doubt if he'll ever be a full time center IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    He'll only play the 5 at the end of the fourth quarter in close games. He has indicated that the corner three will be in his repertoire this upcoming season. I doubt if he'll ever be a full time center IMO.
    Well, we will have to see how Bosh does this upcoming season. I'd much rather AD stay closer to the basket but there's no denying he wants to be a Durant type instead of a Duncan type. Bosh is the closest we have to a C that wants to be a jump shooter.

I'm sure it will be somewhat effective but I'd much rather he work on his post game and how to pass out of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Never understood this reasoning. He hasn't matched up with the opposing center all game and suddenly, you're going to completely change the playsets and flow of the game at the end of every 4th quarter?

Give me asik and AD all game. Ryno's a great 6th man, but y'all are a little too hung up on the dude if you like him so much you want AD to play a position he doesn't want to play in crucial moments of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Never understood this reasoning. He hasn't matched up with the opposing center all game and suddenly, you're going to completely change the playsets and flow of the game at the end of every 4th quarter?

Give me asik and AD all game. Ryno's a great 6th man, but y'all are a little too hung up on the dude if you like him so much you want AD to play a position he doesn't want to play in crucial moments of the game.
    I agree with this sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What else will he say? "No, I wanna play five." Which would mean to some that he has reason to form animosity with Asik and by extension the entire franchise and by double extension the city of New Orleans. SO he'll take millions of dollars less at his own risk and eventually leave us. Just like Chris Paul did.

So...good thing he didn't say that.
    I don't know how to respond to this. I don't know if this is a sarcastic retort aimed at me or nah

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I like the whole quote where he says he is willing to play wherever the team needs him. Just because he likes one position doesn't mean he can't ever play at another. I don't care where he plays, but why is it one or the other on here?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I like the whole quote where he says he is willing to play wherever the team needs him. Just because he likes one position doesn't mean he can't ever play at another. I don't care where he plays, but why is it one or the other on here?
    He can play other postions, but he LIKES to play the 4. I say let's keep the soon to be superstar happy and let him do whatever he likes to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He can play other postions, but he LIKES to play the 4. I say let's keep the soon to be superstar happy and let him do whatever he likes to do.
    That sounds like an awful idea. Trusting your 21 yr old superstar to know th r best way to play the game is kind of silly.

I'm all for listening to him and taking how he feels into consideration but if he starts asking to play PG are you still up for letting him do whatever he wants?

Josh Smith likes to shoot jumpers. Is it a good idea to let him jack them up? I'm sorry. I much prefer Monty coach and AD being willing to trust the coaching staff.

Like I said. Everyone wants to shoot jumpers now. But that doesn't mean that's the best for this team.

Truthfully AD would be our best SF. Heck, our best lineup may be this:

C Asik
    PF Anderson
    SF Davis
    SG Evans
    PG Holiday

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information