Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis and His Next Contract with the New Orleans Pelicans

Anthony Davis and His Next Contract with the New Orleans Pelicans

This has been a passion project of mine, and with help from Jason and Larry Coon, I published it today. It takes a look at what AD's new contract will be and the timeline the franchise is on with keeping him happy. I have seen a lot of misinformation about both, so I wanted to put this out there for people to have in their back pocket the next time some Laker fan posts idiotic ramblings about AD coming there to you on some message board.

This looks at

- The length and amount of his next contract
    - When he can sign it
    - Past designated contracts
    - The New TV deal
    - And much more

Enjoy it, and feel free to hit me up with any follow-up questions

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...eans-pelicans/
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Just pay the man every cent to the max, Demps. Hand him the keys to the city as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Just pay the man every cent to the max, Demps. Hand him the keys to the city as well.
    I don't think that is an issue. They will offer him the full max. But there are factors out of both parties control that will effect his salary.

nice write up
    who is davis' agent?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    nice write up
    who is davis' agent?
    A lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    nice write up
    who is davis' agent?
    Arn Tellem, I think.

I think we luck up if we extended him this year. With the cap taking a huge jump in 2016 his max would look like a great deal. I just k own his agent also would know this and how he will play this out.

1-6

Did you read the article? Because if you did, you would know that comment makes no sense

I commented then just read it and now I see that

And if that's is how it works why is Lebron signing a short term contract to make sure he can get the most money possible with the new TV deal?

Because he is not getting a designated extension added to his rookie deal. I guess I don't get the confusion. I would need you to lay out the question and explain to me where the confusion lies

I understand it now thanks

Question? Can he play 2016-2017 at the qualifying offer of $9,191,949 and then become unrestricted?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This has been a passion project of mine, and with help from Jason and Larry Coon, I published it today. It takes a look at what AD's new contract will be and the timeline the franchise is on with keeping him happy. I have seen a lot of misinformation about both, so I wanted to put this out there for people to have in their back pocket the next time some Laker fan posts idiotic ramblings about AD coming there to you on some message board.

This looks at

- The length and amount of his next contract
    - When he can sign it
    - Past designated contracts
    - The New TV deal
    - And much more

Enjoy it, and feel free to hit me up with any follow-up questions

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...eans-pelicans/

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Question? Can he play 2016-2017 at the qualifying offer of $9,191,949 and then become unrestricted?
    He can, but why would he risk it?

Maybe he would, maybe he won't. The article should include all possible scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    He can, but why would he risk it?

Maybe he would, maybe he won't. The article should include all possible scenarios.
    Um, that scenario is in there. As is the reason why the agent would not ever let it happen

Literally no max-worthy player in the history of the league has done that. I can't even remember any player of note that has made that decision. Look at this link: http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/07/p...ng-offers.html

I think the best player to take the QO and go unrestricted off their rookie deal is Ben Gordon.

Look, I don't mind answering questions, but READ THE FREAKING ARTICLE!

This is probably one of the most important issues for the franchise, and fans here are die hards and claim vast knowledge. Well, you can't find this specific info anywhere else. It took days of research, writing, and fact checking. I think people can spend 15 minutes reading it and then we can discuss it intelligently.

Or people can just skim and continue to put forth misinformation for the next year until he signs it. Both are acceptable I guess.

I think you just enjoy thinking of the worst possible situations for the Pelicans. He won't take the qualifying offer because he'd be leaving millions of dollars on the table (I WANT TO FIND THIS TABLE) just to leave the team. If he gets hurt that year, bam, it's over for him. He's risking so much.

Anthony Davis will be on this team for several years to come. He'll sign an extension.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Man oh man, would it be amazing if AD qualified to get the Rose Rule.

Edit: I misread. I thought it was two of the three criteria. Not any one of them. Still be sweet if AD wins MVP in the next two seasons. With LeBron and KD playing at a high level he'd need a 28/13/4/3/3 points/boards/dimes/blocks/steals kinda year though. But I think he's up to it.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 07-23-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Fantastic read. Does anybody have recommendations as to the best website for player contracts and how much they get per year and so forth?

nola 007 did you read the article at all?

If our team jumps to say...54+ wins this year and Davis averages in the neighborhood of 24pts-12rbs-3blks-3ast he could very possibly win MVP. And if we have an MVP on our roster for the next 5 years I could definitely see Durant or other stars wanting to join the team in 2016. $36 million in cap is...substantial.

Great article MM. I appreciate all the work put into this from you and the other guys at BBS. You're still missed on twitter, but oh well. Looking forward to many more years of AD. Excited to see what he will become during his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Fantastic read. Does anybody have recommendations as to the best website for player contracts and how much they get per year and so forth?
    IIRC, Spotrac has the most accurate information, but it can take a few days longer to update than other sites.

Thread Information