Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland - Kevin Love trade

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Cavs likely will, if I had to guess. In order to get him and Love, the Cavs would have to send out about 16 mil in salary and get 3rd team to take Barea.

So trade will look something like:

Minny gets Wiggins, Bennett, unguaranteed contracts, pick
    Cavs get: Love and Martin
    Team C gets: Barea, Haywood, pick(s), and cash

Philly is in prime position to be Team C
    I could also see the deal having waiters instead of Bennett if it played out that way.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Read through realcavsfans when LBJ was traded and some of the "Kevin Love Safari", that was enough to last me a life time.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I could also see the deal having waiters instead of Bennett if it played out that way.
    Maybe - though Lebron plays a some PF. Also, Lebron's people represent Tristan Thompson, so I am sure they want him to have some time at PF behind Love w/o competition from Bennett. The more shooters around LBJ, the better. I think Bennett and Wiggins will be the main pieces leaving Cleveland no matter how the trade is constructed
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Read through realcavsfans when LBJ was traded and some of the "Kevin Love Safari", that was enough to last me a life time.
    Those fans are delusional they think Dion and Bennett plus a first is a good deal to get Love. All of those players are a negative

1-6

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Those fans are delusional they think Dion and Bennett plus a first is a good deal to get Love. All of those players are a negative
    Delusional fans... Never seen them before!

Not to derail any discussion but I had the most absurd dream last night.

It started with CLE somehow managing to get Love without trading Wiggins. Then it was like training camp and Love's going in the post for the first time and all of a sudden he just suffers the most gruesome knee injury imaginable, like bone visible. But alas, in the scramble of pain, a wig falls off who we thought was Kevin Love and it turns out it was David Griffin all along. Like he was trying to make everyone think he pulled off that trade.

Then the fire alarm went off in my apartment building at 3 AM and I got to process that weird-*** dream while walking down 24 floors.

Cleveland - Kevin Love trade

Well, if the Cavs did sign Wiggins as reported, the trade can't go down for another month, so we have to keep that in mind.

Secondly, we never heard anything about Martin for Gordon from our source. But if the trade were to go down, it could look like this:

NOLA gets Martin, unguaranteed contracts (Lucus, Thomas, Murphy), Haywood
    Cleveland gets: Love, Barea
    Minny gets: Gordon, Wiggins, Bennett, pick from Cavs

Would save us 6 mil this year and next year. Also, we would get a huge trade chip in Haywood for next season.

Two hang ups to this trade:

1. I think the Wolves wanna just dump Martin, not take back a shorter bad contract like Gordon

2. The Pels want to win this year and seem to believe Gordon can help them do that (probably more than Martin)

All that said, I would do the trade above in an instant if it was possible.

MM, if we pulled that trade off (long shot I know), could we then possibly flip Rivers + Casspi + Babbitt to LA for Dudley? Then could we sign another wing with the savings? I'd assume Fredette would become the backup PG in this scenario...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BallHawk; 07-23-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: changed player

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk View Post
    MM, if we pulled that trade off (long shot I know), could we then possibly flip Rivers + Casspi + Babbitt to LA for Dudley? Then could we sign another wing with the savings? I'd assume Fredette would become the backup PG in this scenario...

Why would we flip 3 assets for 1 guy that stunk on ice last year?

Well, if the Cavs did sign Wiggins as reported, the trade can't go down for another month, so we have to keep that in mind.

Secondly, we never heard anything about Martin for Gordon from our source. But if the trade were to go down, it could look like this:

NOLA gets Martin, unguaranteed contracts (Lucus, Thomas, Murphy), Haywood
    Cleveland gets: Love, Barea
    Minny gets: Gordon, Wiggins, Bennett, pick from Cavs

Would save us 6 mil this year and next year. Also, we would get a huge trade chip in Haywood for next season.

Two hang ups to this trade:

1. I think the Wolves wanna just dump Martin, not take back a shorter bad contract like Gordon

2. The Pels want to win this year and seem to believe Gordon can help them do that (probably more than Martin)

All that said, I would do the trade above in an instant if it was possible.
    If we could get involved and flip Gordon for Martin I'd be ecstatic.
    He does everything Gordon does for 1/2 price and would be easier to move if necessary.

But I was just thinking before I read further down the page that Cleveland would probably just absorb him and trade Waiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Why would we flip 3 assets for 1 guy that stunk on ice last year?
    It's really Rivers for Dudley but Casspi will be waived anyway and Babbitt's contact isn't guaranteed. Dudley would be a good shooter to start with Evans and Holiday.

Clips need another guard to go with Paul, Redick, and Crawford and we could use another veteran wing that doesn't command 30 MPG.

What are everyone's thoughts on Kyrie for Love STRAIGHT UP?

Kyrie has proven nothing and is a liability on defense.

Lebron will basically be playing the point anyway. At least this way they could preserve their future assets/picks.

If I were the Cavs, I would do that. If I were the Wolves, I wouldn't.

It's really Rivers for Dudley but Casspi will be waived anyway and Babbitt's contact isn't guaranteed. Dudley would be a good shooter to start with Evans and Holiday.

Clips need another guard to go with Paul, Redick, and Crawford and we could use another veteran wing that doesn't command 30 MPG.

Rivers/Casspi/Babbitt are ALL good at catch-and-shoot.
    Would hurt the team more than help. Rivers also provides permiter defense/ballhandling.

What are everyone's thoughts on Kyrie for Love STRAIGHT UP?

Kyrie has proven nothing and is a liability on defense.

Lebron will basically be playing the point anyway. At least this way they could preserve their future assets/picks.
    That also wouldn't be allowed to be finalized until next month since he signed his contract recently, correct?

Rivers/Casspi/Babbitt are ALL good at catch-and-shoot.
    Would hurt the team more than help. Rivers also provides permiter defense/ballhandling.
    Casspi is gone no matter what and with the signing of Jimmer Rivers's minutes with the rest will most likely be diminished. I don't know the numbers but isn't Dudley a decent catch-and-shoot guy well? Salmons is good from the corner. Furthermore, Evans and Jimmer would probably be the primary ball handler anyway and Martin (assuming we got him) is also a good catch and shooter.

Would we lack a bit on the defensive side on the perimeter? Yes. Dudley is also a good team defender. Maybe we could then sign a wing for defensive purposes or request getting Luc Mbah a Moute in the deal with Minnesota should it occur...

If I were the Cavs, I would do that. If I were the Wolves, I wouldn't.
    My sentiments exactly. Kyrie alone would not help the future of the team. But the Wolves don't exactly have a history of getting great deals for their superstars that want out.

Really I don't think many teams have.
    The Nuggets are the only ones that come to mind.

So everyone would rather see Kevin Love go to Cleveland rather than Golden State, that way, the Warriors don't get stronger? I get that. It's a win-win scenario for Kevin Love. I think either place is a good fit for him. The Cavaliers would become the Miami Heat of the East. The Warriors will be a top playoff team either way as well. Kevin Love is a Southern California guy. If I was him, I might prefer to play in the best part of Northern California. Kevin Love will sign long-term either place. He doesn't really have much weight to decide for himself but he's in a great situation. The Cavaliers seem like the best option if his only goal is winning a Championship. The Cavaliers could potentially become the best team in the NBA with Love. Would the Warriors potentially be the best team in the NBA with Kevin Love, if they gave up Klay Thompson to get him?
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-23-2014 at 10:29 AM.

They would probably be up there with the Clips and the rest of the top teams in the West.

e: Though, I don't know what they would do with David Lee in that case.

Casspi is gone no matter what and with the signing of Jimmer Rivers's minutes with the rest will most likely be diminished. I don't know the numbers but isn't Dudley a decent catch-and-shoot guy well? Salmons is good from the corner. Furthermore, Evans and Jimmer would probably be the primary ball handler anyway and Martin (assuming we got him) is also a good catch and shooter.

Would we lack a bit on the defensive side on the perimeter? Yes. Dudley is also a good team defender. Maybe we could then sign a wing for defensive purposes or request getting Luc Mbah a Moute in the deal with Minnesota should it occur...

So the trade is basically Babbitt/Rivers for Dudley?

Jared Dudley 3%: .360 Age: 29 Salary: $4,250,000
    Austin Rivers 3%: .364 Age: 21 Salary: $3,110,796
    Luke Babbitt 3%: .379 Age: 25 Salary: $981,084

Dudley may be a decent team defender, but Rivers is better on the ball.
    If you are trading for a 3&D, then the odds are in favor of keeping Rivers/Babbitt simply for having 2 assets instead of 1.

Add to the fact that the current assets are younger. The only thing I see in your argument is trading a Combo Guard & PF for a SF.
    Last edited by Caffeinedisastr; 07-23-2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Dudley's age

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Dudley is also a year older.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Dudley is also a year older.
    Thanks for the catch. Edited.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    @sheridanhoops: EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source. http://t.co/mi14wy3EvV

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Now throwing in McDermott is interesting......I'm high on that guy I think he'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    @sheridanhoops: EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source. http://t.co/mi14wy3EvV
    Interesting...

Wow, they certainly made an interesting offer. If they sweeten with a future 1st, Minny may have to pause.

Thread Information