Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland - Kevin Love trade

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Cleveland - Kevin Love trade

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/22/59...teed-contracts

Got this from Mason Ginsberg twitter.

Does this mean best option for Love is Golden State?

I really wanted him to go East.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/22/59...teed-contracts

Got this from Mason Ginsberg twitter.

Does this mean best option for Love is Golden State?

I really wanted him to go East.
    Pardon me......
    I meant best option for Minnesota trade.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Bulls are now in Love mix. Hopefully Wolves move him out east.

He may be really good on offense but he makes David lee look like lebron on Defense

I thought the Cleveland trades happened after LBJ announced?
    They are trying to make it sound like they didn't know LeBron was signing and Love wasn't a possibility.

LBJ announced Thursday and the Gee trade broke Friday right?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Bulls are now in Love mix. Hopefully Wolves move him out east.
    That's what I'm hoping for. Let's dilute the West a bit, making the playoffs an easier road.

That's what I'm hoping for. Let's dilute the West a bit, making the playoffs an easier road.
    Well the wolves aren't going to make the playoffs or anything, but the more better players we can move to the east, the better.

In all seriousness I think that Cleveland has the better offer.

Bulls offer Taj & Butler. (guys that will be getting paid soon on higher contracts)

Cleveland offers Wiggins, Bennett and future 1st but need to make money closer. (less money contracts; promise for the future of franchise)

Well the wolves aren't going to make the playoffs or anything, but the more better players we can move to the east, the better.
    Wolves are definitely not going anywhere, but I was referring to the Golden State possibility.
    Don't want another West team getting stronger.

I am happy for Houston diluting their bench though. Oh, and trading us one of the few guys that can shut down Dwight.
    Thanks Rockets!

The big men in our division are ridiculous. (Chandler/Dirk, Gasol/Randolph, Duncan/Splitter, Howard/whoever)
    I'm so glad we got Asik.

Wolves are definitely not going anywhere, but I was referring to the Golden State possibility.
    Don't want another West team getting stronger.

I am happy for Houston diluting their bench though. Oh, and trading us one of the few guys that can shut down Dwight.
    Thanks Rockets!

The big men in our division are ridiculous. (Chandler/Dirk, Gasol/Randolph, Duncan/Splitter, Howard/whoever)
    I'm so glad we got Asik.
    Yeah I agree with that. Warriors would be no better defensively but offensively they would be insane. Just depends on what they would have to give up a guess. Losing Clay would be a blow.

Klay is overrated. He's easily worth giving up for Love.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Yeah I agree with that. Warriors would be no better defensively but offensively they would be insane. Just depends on what they would have to give up a guess. Losing Clay would be a blow.
    Indeed. To lose Klay would deplete their backcourt.

Add to that they would have to include Barnes & Lee and their bench would suffer.
    I think Cleveland eventually pulls it off.

Scary to think of Lebron driving/kicking to Love at the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Klay is overrated. He's easily worth giving up for Love.
    I agree that while Klay is overrated, he's in a good system where he plays well off Curry.

Anywhere else I think he struggles.

Shooters like klay are replaceable, plug someone like foye in his spot and ull never notice

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Just because Lebron announced didn't mean he officially signed at that moment, they needed to rework the cap before signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Just because Lebron announced didn't mean he officially signed at that moment, they needed to rework the cap before signing him.
    They already addressed that in the article. They could have dropped one unguaranteed and still kept Gee's contract.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    They already addressed that in the article. They could have dropped one unguaranteed and still kept Gee's contract.
    Could have but they didn't. I dont know why they brought in Haywood... Unless it was for depth?

Haywood has a huge unguaranteed contract next year (10 mil). They agreed to that trade (or a version of it) weeks before Lebron. On draft night actually. They saw it as a huge chip they can use next summer
    @mcnamara247

That's the exact point of the article. They are now looking for unguaranteed contracts but they easily could have kept Gee's.

I'm glad they didn't because that's how we made Asik work but in hind sight, one week later them wanting unguaranteed contracts makes that trade seem real silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's the exact point of the article. They are now looking for unguaranteed contracts but they easily could have kept Gee's.

I'm glad they didn't because that's how we made Asik work but in hind sight, one week later them wanting unguaranteed contracts makes that trade seem real silly.
    Yeah, but they agreed to the trade for Haywood weeks before they knew they could get Lebron and have a shot at getting and keeping Love. And they had to honor that trade. Would have been nice for Lebrons "people" to let Cleveland know he was coming back in late June. It's his fault! lol

Hey MM, Cleveland just acquired some unguaranteeds, so I am guessing a Love trade is in the making. However Minny is hell bent on finding another team to take Kmart and Barea per woj. If there was any truth to that EG for Kmart rumor, you would think Dell has to jump in and run with this offer right? Barea is an expiring, and Kmarts 7 million would be nothing as the cap increases.

Well, if the Cavs did sign Wiggins as reported, the trade can't go down for another month, so we have to keep that in mind.

Secondly, we never heard anything about Martin for Gordon from our source. But if the trade were to go down, it could look like this:

NOLA gets Martin, unguaranteed contracts (Lucus, Thomas, Murphy), Haywood
    Cleveland gets: Love, Barea
    Minny gets: Gordon, Wiggins, Bennett, pick from Cavs

Would save us 6 mil this year and next year. Also, we would get a huge trade chip in Haywood for next season.

Two hang ups to this trade:

1. I think the Wolves wanna just dump Martin, not take back a shorter bad contract like Gordon

2. The Pels want to win this year and seem to believe Gordon can help them do that (probably more than Martin)

All that said, I would do the trade above in an instant if it was possible.
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 07-22-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Well, if the Cavs did sign Wiggins as reported, the trade can't go down for another month, so we have to keep that in mind.

Secondly, we never heard anything about Martin for Gordon from our source. But if the trade were to go down, it could look like this:

NOLA gets Martin, unguaranteed contracts (Lucus, Thomas, Murphy), Haywood
    Cleveland gets: Love, Barea
    Minny gets: Gordon, Wiggins, Bennett, pick from Cavs

Would save us 8 mil this year and next year. Also, we would get a huge trade chip in Haywood for next season.

Two hang ups to this trade:

1. I think the Wolves wanna just dump Martin, not take back a shorter bad contract like Gordon

2. The Pels want to win this year and seem to believe Gordon can help them do that (probably more than Martin)

All that said, I would do the trade above in an instant if it was possible.
    At this point of the season, who can just eat Martin's salary ?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thanks for the info. It would be really really nice if we could make this happen, but I won't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    At this point of the season, who can just eat Martin's salary ?
    Cavs likely will, if I had to guess. In order to get him and Love, the Cavs would have to send out about 16 mil in salary and get 3rd team to take Barea.

So trade will look something like:

Minny gets Wiggins, Bennett, unguaranteed contracts, pick
    Cavs get: Love and Martin
    Team C gets: Barea, Haywood, pick(s), and cash

Philly is in prime position to be Team C

Thread Information