Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's funny that I now come here first instead of the Saints website

Pelicans It's funny that I now come here first instead of the Saints website

The intrigue of the possible roster, it's almost as if I need a fix or something. How many of you come here more that at the Saints website even if it is the offseason?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    As much as we talk about homer-ism over here, SR is tenfold as bad. I do visit both daily, though. Love me some New Orleans sports.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    As much as we talk about homer-ism over here, SR is tenfold as bad. I do visit both daily, though. Love me some New Orleans sports.
    Homerism on SR is so bad that it almost makes the forum unreadable.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I am the same way, though I think once training camp starts that may switch back to SR first.

Homerism on SR is really bad especially with respect to giving other teams or players any credit and treating Brees as infallible, but the overall optimisim is not unrealistic. Saints have truly top tier coaching and management along with an all pro QB. They are a legitimate contender to win the Superbowl this year. Fans that dealt with the Aints of yesteryear believe these Saints can do no wrong, but there are still a lot of posters with great insight and technical knowledge of the game that are fun to engage.

With the Saints anything less than a Super Bowl appearance is a disappointment this year. With the Pelicans anything less than a playoff appearance is the same.

I can't wait for Saints football to be back, but til then this site will continue to do the trick.

I think homerism on both sites are about equal. You just notice it more there because there is more traffic. You can say there is more homerism here than there is there considering the fact that the Saints are winners and have players that are top 3 in their respected positions, while the Pels only have 1.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-22-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    The intrigue of the possible roster, it's almost as if I need a fix or something. How many of you come here more that at the Saints website even if it is the offseason?
    I have been coming here with the offseason football lull but that'll change come Friday once training camp begins.

I'm more of a football fan than basketball, but as Nola said, I love New Orleans sports! I post a lot on SR than here, but I read just about every thread on PR. I guess I don't reply as much, because I feel like I'm not as knowledgeable as some on here.

The red/green thumb system ruined SR for me. Most people just say the same typical homer crap and recite old inside jokes for green thumbs or they self-censor their own opposing viewpoints.

As easy as it is to say I don't care about the rep thing, it's horribly frustrating to post a thought-out argument only to get lazily "neg-repped" to death instead of getting actual discussion. There's seriously no discussion there anymore. On anything.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    The red/green thumb system ruined SR for me. Most people just say the same typical homer crap and recite old inside jokes for green thumbs or they self-censor their own opposing viewpoints.
    SR stand for "Sorta Reddit" by chance?:P

Not sure if Saints report or Falcon Report with the run the falcons get on that site. I get that its our key rival but sheesh. SR is very low on my Saints forum visits
    Last edited by LouisianaPride; 07-22-2014 at 03:03 PM.

As easy as it is to say I don't care about the rep thing, it's horribly frustrating to post a thought-out argument only to get lazily "neg-repped" to death instead of getting actual discussion. There's seriously no discussion there anymore. On anything.
    I can see that.

The year we were without Payton I posted a thread (right after we beat the Chargers) that Spags had to go. I kid you not, I got 5 green thumbs and 100+ red thumbs. That game our defense had played its best game of the season and it was still a horrid performance. People went on to tell me that the defense was on its way back up, that I was trolling, hell I received a few pm's from people saying that I was not a real Saints fan and not be on that board any more. That thread went 8 pages long and everyone that disagreed with me got multiple green thumbs, and everyone that agreed with me got multiple red thumbs.

So yeah, I can totally understand your frustration.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/fi.../#.U867s_ldUpk
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-22-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Not sure if Saints report or Falcon Report whit the run the falcons get on that site. I get that its our key rival but sheesh. SR is very low on my Saints forum visits

What is tops then?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I could have sworn it stood for Sanctuary Rant.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Man, I wish. r/nfl blows SR out of the water.

r/nba's pretty entertaining but there's just no Pellies talk. I've learned way more about basketball from this site than any sport on another site, save for maybe Zach Lowe sometimes.

What is r/nfl?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What is r/nfl?
    The nfl sub-reddit. The discussion's pretty good, not necessarily great but they're usually pretty funny and actually original.

I can see that.

The year we were without Payton I posted a thread (right after we beat the Chargers) that Spags had to go. I kid you not, I got 5 green thumbs and 100+ red thumbs. That game our defense had played its best game of the season and it was still a horrid performance. People went on to tell me that the defense was on its way back up, that I was trolling, hell I received a few pm's from people saying that I was not a real Saints fan and not be on that board any more. That thread went 8 pages long and everyone that disagreed with me got multiple green thumbs, and everyone that agreed with me got multiple red thumbs.

Didn't know you were El Caliente on SR. Yeah, if you don't agree with everything the FO does then your not a fan. SR can be a little harsh at times. I come here much more than SR now.

Banned

x100

What is tops then?
    I frequent Footballs future (more as a lurker), Pro sports Daily (dead right now, but a handful of us post during the season), Also enjoy Black and gold (although it can be similar to SR.)

Mostly some Facebook groups now.

I can see that.

You sound like a Falcon lover SAINTS HATER!?!?11111/11

Nah I mostly lurk there and read, think I have the same name here as over there, and I get the biggest kick when someone posts something that is against the grain. I love the job the management has done over the years, one of the best in the league, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't point out obvious weaknesses.

Everything is "out to get the saints." Believe it or not, Goodell is not the Antichrist. Doesn't mean I particularly like him, but All of Our Problems don't lead back it him lol

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Everything is "out to get the saints." Believe it or not, Goodell is not the Antichrist. Doesn't mean I particularly like him, but All of Our Problems don't lead back it him lol
    Hey now, that can still be an accurate description of Goodell even without any ties back to the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Hey now, that can still be an accurate description of Goodell even without any ties back to the Saints.
    I guess I'm still in the minority

Thread Information