Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's funny that I now come here first instead of the Saints website

Real GM is always a must because of threads like this one with this post

"i think NBA should be outdoor NBA, then players would have to adjust to factors like wind, crowd, and assfault. players like rafer alston would be best in this environment because he can adjust to the elementals. ithink best team would be magic because he knows how to play street ball. played like half man half amazing could then be NBA all stars and revenue would be better because how big is outdoor? can hold millions. NBA will benefit, and so will players and fans. and also you can bring pets to game because it's outdoor."

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I can see that.

The year we were without Payton I posted a thread (right after we beat the Chargers) that Spags had to go. I kid you not, I got 5 green thumbs and 100+ red thumbs. That game our defense had played its best game of the season and it was still a horrid performance. People went on to tell me that the defense was on its way back up, that I was trolling, hell I received a few pm's from people saying that I was not a real Saints fan and not be on that board any more. That thread went 8 pages long and everyone that disagreed with me got multiple green thumbs, and everyone that agreed with me got multiple red thumbs.

So yeah, I can totally understand your frustration.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/fi.../#.U867s_ldUpk

I saw the writing on the wall early with Spags as well and got me a nice 0 out of 2 in your thread. They went light on me.

I haven't posted over there in over a year and don't plan on it anytime soon.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Real GM is always a must because of threads like this one with this post

"i think NBA should be outdoor NBA, then players would have to adjust to factors like wind, crowd, and assfault. players like rafer alston would be best in this environment because he can adjust to the elementals. ithink best team would be magic because he knows how to play street ball. played like half man half amazing could then be NBA all stars and revenue would be better because how big is outdoor? can hold millions. NBA will benefit, and so will players and fans. and also you can bring pets to game because it's outdoor."
    I think I laughed at every sentence in that write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think I laughed at every sentence in that write-up.
    how big is outdoor? can hold millions.

should be a T-shirt

That is adorable. :3

I can see that.

The year we were without Payton I posted a thread (right after we beat the Chargers) that Spags had to go. I kid you not, I got 5 green thumbs and 100+ red thumbs. That game our defense had played its best game of the season and it was still a horrid performance. People went on to tell me that the defense was on its way back up, that I was trolling, hell I received a few pm's from people saying that I was not a real Saints fan and not be on that board any more. That thread went 8 pages long and everyone that disagreed with me got multiple green thumbs, and everyone that agreed with me got multiple red thumbs.

I could've guessed a looooooooooong time without getting that UNO Gracias and El Caliente were one and the same person. That's not meant to be a knock in any way, sometimes you don't know what you just don't know. It's actually kinda cool knowing that.

Now, Eman5805, I think I maybe could've picked him out as the same person if he had a different handle on the different sites. He's got a level-headed type of response with a certain kind of enjoyable sharp humor that is almost unmistakeable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    The intrigue of the possible roster, it's almost as if I need a fix or something. How many of you come here more that at the Saints website even if it is the offseason?
    wait the Saints have a website?

I visit SR occasionally. I'm sort of a newer member but a long time lurker over there. I think a lot of guys who complain about homerism and HornetsGuru on this site should go over there and they'd shut up pretty quick. The homerism over there is ridiculous and there's guys who post new pointless threads every 5 seconds, while HG post quality stuff. The red thumb system really hurt the site and it's more like a everyone for themselves forum, whereas over here, we're kind of a family. I guess you could compare it to going to a HUGE high school and going to a tiny one where you know everybody and everyone is friends and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    I could've guessed a looooooooooong time without getting that UNO Gracias and El Caliente were one and the same person. That's not meant to be a knock in any way, sometimes you don't know what you just don't know. It's actually kinda cool knowing that.

Now, Eman5805, I think I maybe could've picked him out as the same person if he had a different handle on the different sites. He's got a level-headed type of response with a certain kind of enjoyable sharp humor that is almost unmistakeable IMO.
    Can you pick out which one HornetGuru is? Should be pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Got no clue. You either.

I told Kurgan and EMan5805 who I am over there, and maybe eballa knows, but I think you could guess all day and not figure who I am there. Sometimes it's better to be incognito here, I suppose. I'd have never guessed UNO was El Caliente.

I like going against the grain. It's in my accounting/ Tony Stark nature.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I guess I come here more now because of the possibility of a trade. But I usually go to both equally.

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Everything is "out to get the saints." Believe it or not, Goodell is not the Antichrist. Doesn't mean I particularly like him, but All of Our Problems don't lead back it him lol
    This mindset kills me more than anything over there. In SR land all other teams are either garbage, cheats or lucky while the Saints are either champions or cheated by Goodell/refs/league.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "Swimmer".

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonetiks View Post
    This mindset kills me more than anything over there. In SR land all other teams are either garbage, cheats or lucky while the Saints are either champions or cheated by Goodell/refs/league.
    I like the "Come over here son." mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "Swimmer".
    Wrong, Tommy Parsons.

I have always been more passionate about my teams that are on the rise. The saints for the last few years have felt like a known quantity. Part of being a fanatic is that unrealistic expectation that great things may happen next year. For those reasons among others I frequent PR and Orioles Hangout much more these days than SR. This place is fun and the OH is probably the best sports message board around.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    I have always been more passionate about my teams that are on the rise. The saints for the last few years have felt like a known quantity. Part of being a fanatic is that unrealistic expectation that great things may happen next year. For those reasons among others I frequent PR and Orioles Hangout much more these days than SR. This place is fun and the OH is probably the best sports message board around.
    I will say this, after seeing them win a Super Bowl, seeing the Saints get bounced in the playoffs doesn't feel as bad because they will never be able to take that away.

I can see that.

To be fair, that opening post wasn't exactly a well-argued post. There's nothing wrong with having an opposing viewpoint, but you've got to lay out your case. The linked post here looks like it was meant to inflame rage, given it came after a win that the defense played better and didn't provide any supporting facts.

That's not to say I disagree about the overwhelming homerism on the site. Lots of people go for the "cheap pop" rather than laying out a good post, just to get green thumbs.

Like I said, I believe homerism there is % wise the same as it is here, only there are more posters there so it gets out of hand. I do enjoy sr.com, and anticipate the upcoming season.

I guess I'm the only one that likes TD... :/

I always thought it was TruSaint.

Despite what I said previously though, I love SR. I do think it can get out of hand at times but everyone there is very knowledgable. I'm a homer myself so I don't mind homerism like others do. My main problem over there is how anything that isn't the popular opinion, is criticized heavily and "red thumbed." I really do enjoy being on SR. I just really am drawn to this site more. I guess I'm a bigger Pels fan than Saints fan..? I don't know. That's tough to say. Love both teams so freakin much.

Saints Report has a few great X&O guys that I wish would head over to tigerdroppings. Other than that, the rest of the forum is awful and the forum mods don't are terrible. I got a warning for saying that Ingram is a bust. And not in a post like "Ingram is a bust LOL", but part of a lengthy post of substance. After that, I just stopped going, even during busy parts of the season.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that likes TD... :/
    Nope. I go to TD to laugh a bit while reading Pels stuff. I go here for more debate/strict Pels discussion. TD's Pels Talk is kinda like the Frat house to PR's coffee shop, if you will excuse a hastily made up analogy I post there on occasion under the same name. This and there are my "go to"s for wasting a bit of time.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 07-23-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    @DanielVeuleman

Aminu signs with Mavs.....Thoughts?

Thread Information