Pelicans Report

Thread: Trade Austin Rivers and 2nd round pick for I'm an Shumpert?

Trade Idea Trade Austin Rivers and 2nd round pick for I'm an Shumpert?

Read an article where the Knicks are trying to move JR Smith and/or Iman Shumpert due to a backlog at the guard spot. I think that we can get Shumpert because the Knicks are interested in clearing cap space and getting assets to make a run at marquee free agents in 2015 and 2016.

Thus, I think they would consider a trade like this. Shumpert would be perfect as a 3 and David player for us and has room to improve. Can get him now while he is showing his worth again after recovering from injury. Becomes a restricted free agent next summer but I believe he would stay on a young upcoming team like ours....

Thoughts?

Iman shumpert may be one of the most overrated played in the NBA. he was a good defender as a rookie before he tore his ACL and he's been so average since. Guy shot 38% from the field last year, that's miserable

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    If they have a backlog at G, why would they trade for a G? Why not play him at the SF since that's what we would do with him in your scenario? Why would we trade a younger player for a slightly older player with a serious knee injury who is declining? Why would we trade a 2nd rounder when we've gotten gems like Smith and Young?

Other than that I love it.

Read an article where the Knicks are trying to move JR Smith and/or Iman Shumpert due to a backlog at the guard spot.
    And you trade a guard to them?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    They have a backlog at the guard spot, so they are then going to trade for a guard?

Does that make any sense?

I don't see Shumpert as a full time SF. I don't see it fitting a huge need for us and would rather just keep Rivers in that situation.

A 3 and David player.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by irvchilichill1 View Post
    Read an article where the Knicks are trying to move JR Smith and/or Iman Shumpert due to a backlog at the guard spot. I think that we can get Shumpert because the Knicks are interested in clearing cap space and getting assets to make a run at marquee free agents in 2015 and 2016.

Thus, I think they would consider a trade like this. Shumpert would be perfect as a 3 and David player for us and has room to improve. Can get him now while he is showing his worth again after recovering from injury. Becomes a restricted free agent next summer but I believe he would stay on a young upcoming team like ours....

Thoughts?
    If the knicks called. I would say thanks,but no thanks. They have zero assets that would benefit the Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    If the knicks called. I would say thanks,but no thanks. They have zero assets that would benefit the Pelicans
    Melo would help tremendously, but we have nothing worth giving in exchange.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    A 3 and David player.

Interesting...
    Those are rare these days

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I think if we try we can possibly and hopefully get Jeffrey Taylor from the Hornets. I'll honestly take Henderson or Kidd - Gilchrist
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Shumpert doesn't do anything better than rivers

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Can I change my forum name to ImAnShumpert?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Shumpert is a true 3 and David player. That's what we need a guy who can play some serious David and hit 3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

were you not paying attention when the pels couldn't give away rivers?
    now you think the Knicks would give 2 assets for him?

nobody wants him at his salary and nobody will until he proves himself
    buying high and selling low is a good way to go broke...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    were you not paying attention when the pels couldn't give away rivers?
    now you think the Knicks would give 2 assets for him?

nobody wants him at his salary and nobody will until he proves himself
    buying high and selling low is a good way to go broke...
    Well Rivers may be screwed then because Jimmer and Russ Smith and even Salmons may take minutes away from him. So he might not get enough playing time to prove his worth....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    To the OP, did you type this on your phone and is your name David by any chance?

Shouldn't be I'm A* Shumpart?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Can't Rivers shoot 3's and play D nearly as well as Shrumpert by this point?

(or 3 and david?)

Is this thread real life?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Iman shumpert may be one of the most overrated played in the NBA. he was a good defender as a rookie before he tore his ACL and he's been so average since. Guy shot 38% from the field last year, that's miserable
    Agreed he's gone from untouchable to a possible cap casualty for a reason.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Well Rivers may be screwed then because Jimmer and Russ Smith and even Salmons may take minutes away from him. So he might not get enough playing time to prove his worth....

If Russ, Jimmer or Salmons take minutes away from Rivers then you're right he is screwed. But I'm a go with he's improved over the summer and will be the main guard off the bench.

Edit: Austin had a better season than Shumpert last year which makes this thread even more of a joke. Some people have agendas to get certain players off this team, i.e. Rivers and Gordon, that they would take any crap back. I'm glad Demps isn't as irrational.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 07-22-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Thread Information