Nice. Loved his effort out there.
    Wherehappens.

Thank the lord.

Finally!

Final...

Oh, well, already said.

Hope he gets a few mins here and there.

Nice. ...

This signing should initiate a Whitey for Aminu trade (so to speak). Cause not even Aminu's biggest detractors can deny Aminu can at least guard

Durant
    Carmelo
    Labron
    Parsons
    Ariza
    Kawhi

better than our other personel. Much like Jimmer, Aminu would have a role. I don't see what Whitey's is. To back up Ajincia?

Pat Young would get the call then

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    This signing should initiate a Whitey for Aminu trade (so to speak). Cause not even Aminu's biggest detractors can deny Aminu can at least guard

Durant
    Carmelo
    Labron
    Parsons
    Ariza
    Kawhi

It makes sense to sign Aminu but i think tyreke can start at SF and have Aminu come off the bench specifically for defense while Monty moves Reke to SG or PG that would work well. Something like:

Pg Reke
    SG Jimmer
    SF Aminu
    PF Anderson
    C Ajinca or try Patric Young

Jimmer and Anderson both provide 3point threat while Reke attacks the basket repeatedly to draw fouls or score. Aminu provides Rebounding and good defense. Some of you argue he sucks on defense. Then you statjunkies can prove your argument. I find that he is horrible on offense and he makes turnovers but he's way better than any SF we currently have when it comes to defense and rebounding. In fact he might even play PF at times with Russ, Gordon, Anderson, Aminu, Davis..... Think about that mix..., scary.
    better than our other personel. Much like Jimmer, Aminu would have a role. I don't see what Whitey's is. To back up Ajincia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durant
    Carmelo
    Labron
    Parsons
    Ariza
    Kawhi

It makes sense to sign Aminu but i think tyreke can start at SF and have Aminu come off the bench specifically for defense while Monty moves Reke to SG or PG that would work well. Something like:

Pg Reke
    SG Jimmer
    SF Aminu
    PF Anderson
    C Ajinca or try Patric Young

Jimmer and Anderson both provide 3point threat while Reke attacks the basket repeatedly to draw fouls or score. Aminu provides Rebounding and good defense. Some of you argue he sucks on defense. Then you statjunkies can prove your argument. I find that he is horrible on offense and he makes turnovers but he's way better than any SF we currently have when it comes to defense and rebounding. In fact he might even play PF at times with Russ, Gordon, Anderson, Aminu, Davis..... Think about that mix..., scary.

Durant
    Carmelo
    Labron
    Parsons
    Ariza
    Kawhi

Hey let's resign juju while we're at it smh

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Hey let's resign juju while we're at it smh
    Honestly, do you have a better idea? I think you don't.

What's more shocking? Dell signing Aminu OR Dell trading Eric Gordon right now?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Honestly, do you have a better idea? I think you don't.

Honestly have you seen aminu play? I think you haven't.theres a reason not one team has even taken a flier on him and his "potential"

Dell is not going to trade Gordon. It's a better bet to wait it out to increase his value... I won't be shocked if he brings Aminu back in a limited role. Although I would prefer one more really good shooter.

Honestly have you seen aminu play? I think you haven't.theres a reason not one team has even taken a flier on him and his "potential"
    I've watched as much of this team as anyone here. He's horrible on offense great on fast breaks and above average on rebounding and decent in defense. You can't deny that. He's not a starter is all I'm saying but why not a one year deal? I know it's an unpopular idea but if we can't make a trade for an upgrade why not? Low risk to me.

He's not even decent on D I seen Darius do more damage to durant then aminu hAs done in 3 years what's that tell you? He had one decent game against melo and that's it and fast breaks I rarely see the guy fill the lane correctly I've seen him more times then not run into another one of our guys not every position in the starting 5 needs to be a stud upgrade....every single team has a hole or a not so great player in their starting 5 look at the heat no true center hell slightly below average guy they had starting but they did okay and you can go down the line for every team and it's the same

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   

Durant
    Carmelo
    Labron
    Parsons
    Ariza
    Kawhi

Not really true. Was never that good on D, made a ton of mistakes. Great rebounder, not defender.

So I was doing some research the other day about the 2011 and 2012 draft classes and I came across an interesting note.

In composite ranking of all combined draft combine tests Lillard ranked 13. Right behind him at 14? Darius Miller.

I was shocked. I thought the biggest knock against Miller was he wasn't very athletic and was a finished product. So to see he was right behind Lillard took me back. (Btw Lillard only ranked so high because of amazing verticals)

Also, yay Patric Young deserved a spot.

What is the boards' thinking on Young starting off in the D-League if everyone starts the season healthy? 15 guys under contract, only 13 can be active. Why not let Young or Russ get some minutes down there until an injury occurs?

I promise any of those SF's would rather anyone on our team guarding them over Aminu. Except for Davis

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I came here to rejoice in signing Young, but I'm obviously in an Aminu thread. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I came here to rejoice in signing Young, but I'm obviously in an Aminu thread. My bad
    Lol I was thinking to myself are they really arguing over aminu? An argument over aminu...just let that sink in.
    I'm a grinder

I wish Aminu was a bad 29 year old player as opposed to a bad soon to be 24 year old one, so people could move on.
    @mcnamara247

I personally think that Aminu would do well on a team like the Clippers. He's needs a run-n-gun style offense to best utilize his talents. Spurs/Montyball is the wrong system for Aminu. Back on topic though, I'm glad Young is getting a shot. He's earned it. I wish fells would get a TC invite. I'd like to see more of what he can do.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

He's not even decent on D I seen Darius do more damage to durant then aminu hAs done in 3 years what's that tell you? He had one decent game against melo and that's it and fast breaks I rarely see the guy fill the lane correctly I've seen him more times then not run into another one of our guys not every position in the starting 5 needs to be a stud upgrade....every single team has a hole or a not so great player in their starting 5 look at the heat no true center hell slightly below average guy they had starting but they did okay and you can go down the line for every team and it's the same
    Agreed, chief was shredded consistently when isolated by top talent. Time to move on when his offense is woeful.

Darius needs a consistent chance

Patric does make Withey a non factor it seems

Thread Information