Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: U mm I think we just signed jimmer {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    How far has this guy fallen? I remember analysts calling him a young Steve Nash (because he's white and can shoot, duh). His playmaking never seemed very good and he struggled playing off ball. His defense was atrocious. As an end of the bench he's a decent pickup. No reason for him to get more than 200 minutes this year unless he finally breaks out. Before MM left twitter I read him saying he played with Jimmer and said he wanted nothing to do with him but I can see a lot worse options but this, just like waiving Casspi to use the RLE on Salmons, why let Roberts walk to sign Jimmer? Roberts and Jimmer are very similar players but Roberts' ballhandling is better and he knows the system.
    Roberts is more expensive because of the QO.

Don't overlook one thing : Fredette's agent is also Ryno's. Maybe it's more a signing to help in the next contract negotiation.

That 21 guests viewing the page this late at night are Utah fans who wish they could have him.

Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    Roberts is more expensive because of the QO.
    Oh yeah, i forgot. Thanks for the reminder. That's so strange that we allowed him to start those last games. Maybe it was just to do him a favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    Don't overlook one thing : Fredette's agent is also Ryno's. Maybe it's more a signing to help in the next contract negotiation.
    Well, I was a fan of BYU football when Austin Collie went there. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmer Fredette was friends with Ryno or became friends with him. At the very least I think Jimmer will get along with everyone and will have a good work ethic. Not sure how much he will play, but times when we need a 3 at the end of the game, could definitely put him on the floor.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-18-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Jimmer is a good character guy and can never have too many shooters. Especially on this team who needs them. I like the move.

I also think Jimmer has more youtube views than our entire team combined so that's always a plus. If he scores 15-20 espn will let everybody know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    It's obviously great offensively. But I'm having a hard time being OK with it defensively.
    Cool gif.

Because we already have too much defense focus on this team. What we needed was another shooter, we went and got one. JJ Redick didn't do much his first 4 years and he didn't get a lot of playing time. JJ Redick is 2 inches taller but I think Jimmer will get better and be effective for us.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-18-2014 at 03:31 AM.

why are talking about trades here?

Because we signed a guy to a minimum contract? Seriously?

Needed an Anthony Morrow replacement.

Welcome to the Pelicans Jimmer Fredette.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-18-2014 at 04:17 AM.

I'm thinking/hoping Rivers and Withey for Harkless.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Jimmer has been bad since coming into the league, but I would be liking if I said I wasn't intrigued by this.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 07-18-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Just a couple of things.

First, it appears we have 13 people currently rostered.
    Asik, Ajinca, Withey, AD, Ryno, Babbitt, Evans, Casspi, Miller, Gordon, Jrue, Rivers, Russ.

Young, Salmons, Jimmer, and Casspi (cut) while all being leaked haven't appeared to be made official. Miller's signing I don't think has been made official either however unless something has changed his birds rights (and cap hold) were kept so that would take a roster spot.

On Jimmer.

That's his shot chart. Basically, all good. I'll have to look at synergy to see what his shooting habits are but at least for 3pt shooting he has been assisted on over 60% of them for his career. I'm still not sure however because Morrow was the purest of pure catch and shoot guys. He has been around 94% assisted for his entire career from 3pt.

All I can say without checking Synergy is Jimmer is far more capable of creating his own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I'm sure MM is happy
    Yeah, for anyone who used to follow me on Twitter, you know I played against Jimmer about a week ago.

The guy is so small. Just so, so small. He can shoot like crazy, though. When you have AD and Asik at the rim, it allows you to go small on the wings, though.

My big takeaway from this move is that Jrue-Gordon-Evans will start.
    @mcnamara247

I suppose this bars the way for that fella, what was his name...the one who is better than rivers. Fells or something

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, for anyone who used to follow me on Twitter, you know I played against Jimmer about a week ago.

The guy is so small. Just so, so small. He can shoot like crazy, though. When you have AD and Asik at the rim, it allows you to go small on the wings, though.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too MM. I thought that move meant one of two things either Jrue/Eric/Tyreke starting lineup or we found a way to move Gordon for a SF. This did not point to a Rivers move for me because I am with you in thinking that Rivers is the backup PG and Jimmer is being signed to play spot up SG

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I suppose this bars the way for that fella, what was his name...the one who is better than rivers. Fells or something
    Well we are at 15 roster wise now but that is including Withey. I wouldn't be surprised if we moved on from Withey and brought in Fells or another SF.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    Well we are at 15 roster wise now but that is including Withey. I wouldn't be surprised if we moved on from Withey and brought in Fells or another SF.
    Trudat i actually wouldn't mind at all cutting withey loose and adding this fells. We are full at the 4/5 and young + ajinca is already more than enough

Looks like:

Jrue/Rivers/Russ
    Gordon/Jimmer
    Evans/Salmons/Miller
    AD/Ryno/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Withey/Young

With Evans or Rivers actually getting the minutes at backup SG when everyone is healthy. Honestly, I don't really get the Jimmer signing. To me, it was him or Fells and I like Fells length and athleticism. I don't think it makes or breaks the team and if they can convince him to just be a spot up shooter, he could be a weapon. But you really can only play him with two good defensive bigs on the court.

I would have rather invited a few guys from SL to come and battle it out, but who knows. Maybe Fells isn't good in practice. Maybe he has an attitude problem or he is immature. The staff has seen him up close for a week and prefers Jimmer, so that tells us something.

Looks like:

Jrue/Rivers/Russ
    Gordon/Jimmer
    Evans/Salmons/Miller
    AD/Ryno/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Withey/Young

With Evans or Rivers actually getting the minutes at backup SG when everyone is healthy. Honestly, I don't really get the Jimmer signing. To me, it was him or Fells and I like Fells length and athleticism. I don't think it makes or breaks the team and if they can convince him to just be a spot up shooter, he could be a weapon. But you really can only play him with two good defensive bigs on the court.

I would have rather invited a few guys from SL to come and battle it out, but who knows. Maybe Fells isn't good in practice. Maybe he has an attitude problem or he is immature. The staff has seen him up close for a week and prefers Jimmer, so that tells us something.
    Do you think that Withey is a lock for the roster? Or do you think we may let him go and have one more spot for Fells or someone else?

I just think big men are always seen as more valuable and harder to find than shooters. And I don't think the team puts as much value into SL as we do. I think Withey just might be a guy who plays better with other good players. I think he stays.

This is exactly what I thought. Crazy how he's just slightly over an inch shorter than Curry and actually has a longer wingspan than him.

Seeing him in the game he looks almost Nate Robinson level, but he's actually just under 6'1".

Oh well. He can shoot. That's the main thing I care about.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    WTH I just saw this thread, is this real life?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I actually like Jimmer, but to me he's more of a 2. I know he's super small but I just don't see him as a PG.

Looks like:

Jrue/Rivers/Russ
    Gordon/Jimmer
    Evans/Salmons/Miller
    AD/Ryno/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Withey/Young

I fall on this side of the opinion. I'd rather see what the SL guys had. Fells has been really impressive from what we've seen.

However. I'm just going to sit back and see what Dell does. Who knows what will come next.

Thread Information