Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Staying for the Long Term

MM I'm so happy to hear this
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Bahaha one of you started that scary story sleepover during the LeBron maddness, that one had me laughing so hard. One of the few off topic threads we left up that night.
    How hectic was it during that time for you guys to try and control all of that?

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    How hectic was it during that time for you guys to try and control all of that?
    Jesus, we removed over 1800 threads that day. We usually do that in a MONTH. This doesn't count comment removals, bans, etc

We had 4.1 million pageviews that day. It was absolutely nutso.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Jesus, we removed over 1800 threads that day. We usually do that in a MONTH. This doesn't count comment removals, bans, etc

We had 4.1 million pageviews that day. It was absolutely nutso.
    LMAO I imagine the whole Reddit heard that sub went bat {edited-language} and wanted to see.

I'd love to have a locked thread that can't get replied to, of just MM posting his little Tidbits of info ala Twitter on the forums, that would be gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Glad to hear you're sticking around, I really enjoy your posts. Wish you would come back to twitter at least during the season, who else am I going to RT during Pelicans games? Jim and Jen don't really give in-game insight.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    LMAO I imagine the whole Reddit heard that sub went bat {edited-language} and wanted to see.
    Oddly enough, people seemed to be enjoying the zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    I'd love to have a locked thread that can't get replied to, of just MM posting his little Tidbits of info ala Twitter on the forums, that would be gold.
    That's a great idea.

not a frequent poster yet, but i really enjoy reading the discussions here...very glad you'll continue to be part of them

Great news. MM is the best.

It is great news that MM is here and that he will stay.
    Podcast, PR and BSS (and earlier Your twitter account) was always my first gate to Pelicans.

Especially for me as an European, with all of this stuff connected with time zones (+6 to ET), so that I am watching Pels games usually at 2 AM while going to work at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Well that's good to know. Most people on here I think will be happy by this. I know a lot of people give you crap, and I'm right there sometimes when we disagree, but I'm afraid if you'd leave I'd be stuck spending all of my time arguing with guru about how many rebounds Rivers and AD will get next year.

That's good news though. Happy to see you stay, would hate it if you went away

Great to hear that MM is staying! Really need his inside and opinions here plus I love to listen to the podcast over here! Appreciate it

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Glad to hear MM.

Bring it in!

Seriously though, good to hear that we won't be missing out on any McNamara insight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Get back on twitter, quitter.

#NoWhiteFlags
    Glaze up son

Good to hear that. Could you tell me how is the situation with injuries right now? Should everybody be healthy at the beginning of the season?

I'm glad you're staying MM. You're definitely my favorite Pelicans writer.
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Damn, I had no idea that you had that many podcast listeners. That's very impressive! I'm always reading this sight, but I don't post that often so that I don't get caught up in being on here too much. I can imagine that twitter became too much for you. I appreciate the insight and I thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I know most people won't care, but I have been asked by a few, so I just figured I would make it official.

I will not be going back to Twitter, but I will be on here every day for the long haul from here on out. I really enjoy the conversations on here, and although people disagree with me a lot - contrary to public opinion, I LOVE that. Only way I can learn is by being proven wrong. Honestly, my favorite thing in the world. Now, I don't just allow it to happen. I want my new knowledge to be true, so I push back against it as hard as possible, until it is evident that is the only truth.

Some take offense to this, and I will admit that sometimes my tone is not great (something I will work on improving), but you have to understand my motivations. I have a podcast that gets between 8,000 and 40,000 downloads a week. I feel an obligation to be as well informed as possible with that many people tuning in. Sometimes, for some people, we are the only Pelicans info they have. I have had people from different countries write to me and say they can't get online, but they can somehow download our podcast and it is their only source. That means a lot to me and I take it very seriously.

I use debates on here to get the pulse of the fans and want they want to talk about. What they are confused about, what they are excited about, etc. I debate hard, often times to try to figure out what my opinion is on the subject. You guys help me with this and therefore, help that guy in South Africa (a specific case that blew me away).

I couldn't do the podcast without all of you. I can be a jerk at times. I push back extremely hard when people don't have their stuff together. I know that can be incredibly frustrating, especially for a message board. Some just come here to casually throw stuff at the wall, and I might go too hard at that sometimes. But now, hopefully, you may understand why.

So, in summary, I am here to stay and in some ways I will try to evolve, but in most ways I will be as tough as ever and I apologize ahead of time for that. Thank you all for helping me with what I do, and I look forward to our battles, our laughs, our frustration, and our joy in the future.

-MM
    Woah have I missed alot in the Pelicans community. Ur always great MM
    "This Game is Rigged Man" - Preston "Bodie" Broadus : The Wire Season 4 EP 13

MM, I don't blame you for quitting twitter. You have BSS. You have PR. Between these 2 forums, you can say what you want to say in a place that is moderated to weed out the nonsense. It's totally unnecessary for you to be tweeting.

It makes me think...I wonder what its like to be a professional reporter who tweets. I can only imagine the volumes of bigoted and hateful tweets that get thrown in their direction every day that 95% of them rightfully ignore. I do not know how I would handle it.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I'm here long term too.

Glad to have you back, MM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I'm here long term too.

YOU'RE BACK! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I'm here long term too.

Great success!

Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    MM, I don't blame you for quitting twitter. You have BSS. You have PR. Between these 2 forums, you can say what you want to say in a place that is moderated to weed out the nonsense. It's totally unnecessary for you to be tweeting.

It makes me think...I wonder what its like to be a professional reporter who tweets. I can only imagine the volumes of bigoted and hateful tweets that get thrown in their direction every day that 95% of them rightfully ignore. I do not know how I would handle it.
    I got between 100 and 300 a day. Most were good, but some were just crazy. But read the feedback from the bigger reporters who don't respond. Read what people say to them and you will see why. I honestly don't see the appeal of doing that, but I guess it is how some people have fun.
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information