Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Staying for the Long Term

Staying for the Long Term

I know most people won't care, but I have been asked by a few, so I just figured I would make it official.

I will not be going back to Twitter, but I will be on here every day for the long haul from here on out. I really enjoy the conversations on here, and although people disagree with me a lot - contrary to public opinion, I LOVE that. Only way I can learn is by being proven wrong. Honestly, my favorite thing in the world. Now, I don't just allow it to happen. I want my new knowledge to be true, so I push back against it as hard as possible, until it is evident that is the only truth.

Some take offense to this, and I will admit that sometimes my tone is not great (something I will work on improving), but you have to understand my motivations. I have a podcast that gets between 8,000 and 40,000 downloads a week. I feel an obligation to be as well informed as possible with that many people tuning in. Sometimes, for some people, we are the only Pelicans info they have. I have had people from different countries write to me and say they can't get online, but they can somehow download our podcast and it is their only source. That means a lot to me and I take it very seriously.

I use debates on here to get the pulse of the fans and want they want to talk about. What they are confused about, what they are excited about, etc. I debate hard, often times to try to figure out what my opinion is on the subject. You guys help me with this and therefore, help that guy in South Africa (a specific case that blew me away).

I couldn't do the podcast without all of you. I can be a jerk at times. I push back extremely hard when people don't have their stuff together. I know that can be incredibly frustrating, especially for a message board. Some just come here to casually throw stuff at the wall, and I might go too hard at that sometimes. But now, hopefully, you may understand why.

So, in summary, I am here to stay and in some ways I will try to evolve, but in most ways I will be as tough as ever and I apologize ahead of time for that. Thank you all for helping me with what I do, and I look forward to our battles, our laughs, our frustration, and our joy in the future.

-MM
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Can we change the forum/website to McNamara Report?

Great news!!

Get back on twitter, quitter.

#NoWhiteFlags
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

...we get to go McDonalds
    What happened on Twitter?

I'm so happy to have you back! I've only been around a couple days, but your posts are the absolute best ones I've read on this website. You are the most informative and deep-diveyiest of all posters. I can't wait til you take some time to break down Omer's game once the season starts... it'll be a tasty treat to read, no doubt!

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Even though a lot of people get {edited-language} or whatever, everyone knows you're by far the best Pelicans writer we have. So keep up the good work.

Nice to see you will be around for the long haul. I don't post much, but I will try to post more in the future.

Will Above the Rim also be back? He conveniently hasnt gotten on since you returned from your 1/2 day break.

Well that's good to know. Most people on here I think will be happy by this. I know a lot of people give you crap, and I'm right there sometimes when we disagree, but I'm afraid if you'd leave I'd be stuck spending all of my time arguing with guru about how many rebounds Rivers and AD will get next year.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Will Above the Rim also be back? He conveniently hasnt gotten on since you returned from your 1/2 day break.
    +1

Again I don't think I've ever sent a tweet out in my life. I started a twitter account when it first came out. Found out what it was about and I never went back.

Glad MM is sticking around though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    YAY!!!

Yay!! MM

MM, i dedicate this to you.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

What is podcast name? Is it in windows store?

We all appreciate everything you do and your insight. I get on here not to post that much, but get all the pelicans info because they are rarely covered by local media in north Louisiana. Thank y'all for helping get the most up to date info and being so informed to help me be informed on our pelicans!

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Not anything against MM, but I'm not sure that's true. MM challenges opinions, and if someone perceives him as being aggressive, he'd get downvoted into oblivion. I do agree that his knowledgeable observations would get plenty of good attention.
    God I wish this board had up/down votes....

I do not do twitter or Facebook. I do not see the point of twitter. If you had to choice to stay on one, I am glad it is This site. I love your point of view most of the time because it is usually mine. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Not anything against MM, but I'm not sure that's true. MM challenges opinions, and if someone perceives him as being aggressive, he'd get downvoted into oblivion. I do agree that his knowledgeable observations would get plenty of good attention.

JNR, IS THAT YOU ON THE LEFT IN DAT SALT MINE? BC U SALTY AF

The Franchise
    Awesome though the #bringbackmcnamara twitter hashtag I started has failed
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great to have you man. Now, back to work!

I thought this was an Eric Gordon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I thought this was an Eric Gordon thread.
    LOL

Thread Information