Pelicans Report

Thread: Jason Smith stories

Blog Entries

Jason Smith stories

I remember a bunch of times when people commented on running into Jason Smith outside of basketball world, and having nice things to say about the encounters.

I'm trying to wrap up a farewell piece to/for him, and I want to include a few more personal stories, but I can't quite recall the details so I figured it's best to just ask.

Anyone care to share?
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

I actually met and talked to him in the airport the season before the lockout. He was flying home to Colorado and then out to Germany I believe to train with some people. He was incredibly nice and I talked to him for like 10 minutes. It was so long ago I don't remember to much about what the convo was. I think mostly about the lockout

I once listened to a podcast hosted by this guy Ryan Schwan where Ryan just coughed in his ear for 40 minutes.

Seriously, though Jason was great. But I felt so bad for Ryan. I couldn't make that podcast and I listened to it later. I guess Ryan never listens back, and when I told him, he wa sso embarrassed. Apparently, he thought his mic was on mute when Jason was talking, but he was wrong.

But I think of it as a Smitty story because he was so great through it all. Also, listen to our In the NO intro and tell me who sounds the best and most enthusiastic. It is Smitty by a long shot. Gonna miss that guy!!!
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I'm sorry but my fondest memory of smith is when he leveled Blake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played cod with him a couple of times, he was pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I'm sorry but my fondest memory of smith is when he leveled Blake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ditto. That was great!

I remember him playing with David Andersen and thinking that both were about even. Smith became a far better player. His energy was the best. During the tanking season he was the most fun player to watch. I loved watching his improvement every year. He really embraced the city and was an extremely positive person. He was really inspiring. I'll be rooting for him in New York. The guy is a class act.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information