Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Omer Asik defense

Omer Asik defense

What a Beast!!

Was expecting blocks but impressed with his focus to stay on his man and force into very tough jumpers.

Love the videos! So does anyone score on Asik? Lol

The one where he bites on the pump fake of Al Jefferson but is still quick enough to recover is impressive for someone of his size. The thing that has me most excited that I've seen from highlights is how quickly he gets the ball to his guards when he rebounds. I was worried we might have a lumbering big that improves the rebound rate but kills the fast break but that's not the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    The one where he bites on the pump fake of Al Jefferson but is still quick enough to recover is impressive for someone of his size. The thing that has me most excited that I've seen from highlights is how quickly he gets the ball to his guards when he rebounds. I was worried we might have a lumbering big that improves the rebound rate but kills the fast break but that's not the case at all.
    One thing that will take most by surprise is Asik's athleticism and quickness for a big of his size.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    Love the videos! So does anyone score on Asik? Lol
    Not to mention AD right next to him lol.

Rockets was one of the best fast break team when he is starter. He's great at that.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Arda thanks for posting these. I could watch vids like these all day.

I'm wondering how creative we could get with Asik and his defense. Maybe we see Asik guarding the guys like Aldridge and Love and AD the guys like R.Lopez

That D against Jefferson at 47sec mark was impressive, jumped up and still got back in position.

#Truth

The Truth will set AD free!

last year Asik had a game where he had
    18 pts
    23 reb
    3 blocks
    3 steals

the year before.....oh lord,

in march he averaged 12 points and 13 rebounds

i didnt realize how well he really rebounded until someone posted, "elite rebounded" on here making me check it out. We will need them cause if anything, we got a lot of rebounds out of the SF position the last two years. Tha'ts bound to go down

Best defensive front court in the nba, anyone disagree ?

he's one of the best rebounders in the league

The Rockets haven't missed Dwight Howard too much while the big man has been out, and Asik is a big reason why. He's recorded double-digit rebounds in five straight games and has two 23-rebound games in his last four games.
    23 rebounds vs Nets 04-01-2014

23 rebounds vs Nuggets 04-06-2014

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Best defensive front court in the nba, anyone disagree ?
    This year? Maybe. Years to come? No doubt. It depends on how much better AD gets on D, but Asik just seems so smart of defensive, I really think this is the perfect defensive pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    This year? Maybe. Years to come? No doubt. It depends on how much better AD gets on D, but Asik just seems so smart of defensive, I really think this is the perfect defensive pairing.
    Having trouble thinking of a tandem that could be better this year

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Having trouble thinking of a tandem that could be better this year
    Probably Noah and Gibson, although Gibson more than likely won't start now but will get starter's minutes. Splitter and Duncan is always very good. I just posted that without thinking about the other pairings, but basically my point was that AD was not as good defensively as we think last year. He made a lot of mistakes and that's to be expected. I already thought he'd improve a ton, but now with Asik I believe he'll be even better. Very well could be the best duo.

Noah and gib is a good one

Noah and gib is a good one
    So you're saying Gasol won't be starting?

Thread Information