Pelicans Report

Thread: Can we get involved with Josh Smith to Kings trade?

Pelicans Can we get involved with Josh Smith to Kings trade?

Heard on ESPN that Pistons and Kings are looking for a 3rd team to facilitate J Smith trade. J. Smith contact seems similar to Eric Gordon's. I am not very knowledgeable about conracts like some of you here but do you all think we can pry a SF from one of those teams like Derrick Williams or somebody else?

If we could get Gay that would be great but we can't

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    While getting Gay would seem to be the most obvious choice, I highly doubt SAC wants to part with him. Dumping Gordon would move Evans up to starting SG. And I don't know if Evans and Gay both starting would even work well. Aren't they similar? (I don't watch enough Kings to really know.) Now, as someone else said in another thread, (I think it was MM, not sure.), getting a backup SG might be nice with whatever we get back. So a SF that doesn't command the money that Gay does, plus a backup SG. Possibly Jason Terry? Who knows. But either way, I don't see us getting Rudy Gay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    While getting Gay would seem to be the most obvious choice, I highly doubt SAC wants to part with him. Dumping Gordon would move Evans up to starting SG. And I don't know if Evans and Gay both starting would even work well. Aren't they similar? (I don't watch enough Kings to really know.) Now, as someone else said in another thread, (I think it was MM, not sure.), getting a backup SG might be nice with whatever we get back. So a SF that doesn't command the money that Gay does, plus a backup SG. Possibly Jason Terry? Who knows. But either way, I don't see us getting Rudy Gay.
    We have a backup SG, his name is Austin Rivers.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    We have a backup SG, his name is Austin Rivers.
    Another backup SG with more experience might be betetr. Rivers will play more minutes at PG than SG in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Gay has all the stuff to be a superstar. Super athletic, good height, a really pretty looking jumper. He just can't put it together. He shoots in a crazy high volume and isn't very efficient. He just hasn't hit his potential yet. Plus he is crazy over paid.

I would love to have Rudy Gay though. If we could get him to buy in on defense we would have hands down one of the best defensive starting fives in the nba

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Gay is a volume shooter who doesn't play defense. No doubt he's talented, but he wouldn't fit in NOLA

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Gay is a volume shooter who doesn't play defense. No doubt he's talented, but he wouldn't fit in NOLA
    Gordon is a volume shooter who doesn't play defense lol

We do not need a player like Derrick Williams. The type of player that will add significant value to the team is someone who starts and shoots not only a high % from 3 but a lot of them. Like a Terrance Ross or Martell Webster. Hmm, do we have anyone on the Pelicans that could start and shoots a high % and a lot of 3's? We do? Okay sweet!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    It's not that fact that we need Derrick Williams, it's that next year we could save 15mil if we could move Gordon.

Also, Anderson is not going to start, no matter how many times you say it.

Thread Information