Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P MM, Your opinion if you will.

N/P MM, Your opinion if you will.

I am reading up about a few big men who are doing well in Summer League play and I was wondering what you or your sources have to say about the futures of a few guys.

Gorgui Dieng- He has the look of an NBA lifer. I think he will last in the NBA as a mid tier big, and maybe top out as a top 10.
    Julius Randel- From all accounts he looks like a guy who is growing his game and wont be a traditional big. Does he have a long shelf life in the NBA?
    Pero Antic- Is he going to be this ages Arvydas Sabonis? Meaning, he came here late, but will he thrive.

I was just thinking of these few guys, and thought maybe you could shed some light on them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Everybody loves Dieng. He is borderline untouchable trade wise according to a few people. Randle, I haven't talked to anybody about him, but I really worry about him. He just looks bad against length. I don't think he busts, but I don't think he is ever more than a solid starter. Antic will be interesting. The Hawks coach loves Horford. His favorite player according to my guy. What will that mean for Antic's minutes?
    @mcnamara247

I agree with you on all points. I think Dieng proves this year if he really is untradable, or if he can be had for the right price. He could very well be the best pick out of last years draft, and the Jazz could be kicking themselves for trading him and Shabbazz for Burke (though I doubt they are kicking themselves for trading Shabazz).

I think people are making more of Randal because who he played for before, and who he plays for now. I get the same vibe about his game, and think maybe he has a nice career, but as nothing more than a jag type. I hope he does well (for the Lakers sake), but I think he will be inflated due to his market and not due to play.

Antic, ever since watching him in the playoffs I have secretly wanted him for our own. Talk about your stretch bigs. I doubt he is moved before the Hawks know what they have on their hands, but he is one interesting piece (as you mentioned) should we look for another stretch big.

Who are some prospects you are looking at (not on the pels)?

I am really curious to see how Gary Harris pans out. I wouldn't be shocked if he is a quasi All Star. Wouldn't be shocked if he busts.

Jeff Taylor is another guy I always have one eye on, hoping we can steal and see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am really curious to see how Gary Harris pans out. I wouldn't be shocked if he is a quasi All Star. Wouldn't be shocked if he busts.

Jeff Taylor is another guy I always have one eye on, hoping we can steal and see what he can do.
    You think Withey is enough to snag Taylor? Maybe add a 2nd?

Taylor is an interesting one. He has flown under the radar to many, but I agree, it would be fun to get him on this team and see what he can do. I recall watching that Vandy team featuring Festus and Jenkins and he really was a 3rd wheel there. Had he been at a bigger program he might have gone higher.

That draft was interesting. With Green, Crowder, Acy, and Taylor the 2nd round picks might have as nice of careers as the 1st rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

I really like those small 0 guards, huge man crush on CJ McCollum, Gary Harris also has that smoothness in his game. Big fan of the Phoenix system. Lillard would still be my #1 if he didn't win ROY over Davias

Thread Information