Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Projecting Pelicans Wins

I don't care how our record is, if Monty can't produce an average or better Defense with this unit he needs to be fired. The Warriors were a great defensive team with David Lee and Curry, Charlotte with Jefferson. Seriously, this team has the defensive talent to be at least average. I'll be calling for his head if a defensive coach can't achieve that. I don't care about his "complicated system" if it doesn't work with real players I don't care if it's the best theoretical defense in the league. My expectations are a league average offence, and defense, and a .500 record. I'd be pleased if we met or exceeded all 3

The two biggest factors for the Warriors defense was that they defended the three-point line and didn't let teams get offensive rebounds.

I am confident that we will be an elite defensive rebounding team this year, but I still don't know if we will be able to protect the three-point line. That will be our defensive X factor this year. Gordon is too small to deter bigger guards from shooting over him and Evans is a terrible off ball defender at times.

We have very good on ball defenders and great bigs at the rim. It will all come down to our off ball defense and rotations. That is a basketball IQ thing. A coach, like a teacher in school, can help with IQ. But he can't create it. Each player comes to a coach with a certain level of IQ. Hopefully, with most players being in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year in his system, they will make fewer mental mistakes.

I really do think we can win 45-50 games. 48 games was needed to make the playoffs so 50 should be the target

Thread Information