Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: What's up with Rivers?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Sure, just like all the posts about possible Eric Gordon trades. Absolutely no substance! Did all those posts come from guys who didn't watch 82 games?
    Please give me your insight on the Eric Gordon situation instead if just saying how dumb other peoples thoughts are. I'd like to know what others are saying that's so ridiculous.

Have you ever heard a coach or gm say publicly about a player under contract that he is not in their plans? Of course they are going to say that! When you are pitiful in years one and two, it has to be a three year plan!

I think actions are speaking otherwise. On a roster that already included Holiday, Gordon, Evans you gave Smith a guaranteed contract and you signed a free agent in Jimmer. Sorry, but I can only see this as they must not be comfortable with the current roster of backup guards.
    If that's the only way you can see it then you've got blinders on. We carried this many guards last year (Jrue/Gordon/Reke/Roberts/Rivers/Morrow) and now just because we have Jimmer, who hasn't ever done anything in his career, and Russ Smith, who is a 2nd round pick, we just aren't happy with Rivers? In order to be happy with Rivers would we have to just have him as the sole backup with no competition or injury insurance? I mean it's possible you're right, you just seem to be spouting opinion and observation as fact.
    @DanielVeuleman

My insight on Gordon is he is one of the best players on this roster. Overpaid, yes but still one of the best players on this roster. Very unlikely to be replaced with anyone as good at his position. I believe strongly that Monty and Dell both have huge pressure to win this year. If I am a head coach or GM and I have huge pressure to win this year I'm not trading one of my best players unless it improves my team this year. Not my cap space, not in the future. It has to improve me this year, and that is not happening. So all this Eric Gordon trade talk in my opinion has no substance. None what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Please give me your insight on the Eric Gordon situation instead if just saying how dumb other peoples thoughts are. I'd like to know what others are saying that's so ridiculous.

If that's the only way you can see it then you've got blinders on. We carried this many guards last year (Jrue/Gordon/Reke/Roberts/Rivers/Morrow) and now just because we have Jimmer, who hasn't ever done anything in his career, and Russ Smith, who is a 2nd round pick, we just aren't happy with Rivers? In order to be happy with Rivers would we have to just have him as the sole backup with no competition or injury insurance? I mean it's possible you're right, you just seem to be spouting opinion and observation as fact.

I thought Reke and Morrow were on the roster to play the SF position? Russ Smith and Jimmer are guards only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    My insight on Gordon is he is one of the best players on this roster. Overpaid, yes but still one of the best players on this roster. Very unlikely to be replaced with anyone as good at his position. I believe strongly that Monty and Dell both have huge pressure to win this year. If I am a head coach or GM and I have huge pressure to win this year I'm not trading one of my best players unless it improves my team this year. Not my cap space, not in the future. It has to improve me this year, and that is not happening. So all this Eric Gordon trade talk in my opinion has no substance. None what so ever.
    I disagree. But that's fine, what you're saying does make sense. I doubt we could trade Gordon for a player that would help us on the court and not just a big slightly better contract like Bargnani.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Does no one on here turn off sigs in their forum setting?
    :o

/hustles to user forum settings

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think the goal is to win now and show that we are going to be a 6th 7th 8th seed team in the playoffs AND win in the playoffs at least compete well. I think Rivers will get traded with a big man if they can land a solid SF. nola007 is right about Gordon. Do not trade Gordon unless it's going to make the team better. So this is unlikely. I think EG can have a very good year. He's talented and he's still a starter on a lot of rosters if you ask me. This team needs to really stay healthy and they need to have better performance from the bench. Consistency is the key. AD23 is a superstar and this is his year. I expect him to explode. WATCH OUT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information