Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Rivers?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Why is Jrue all of a sudden injury prone? Wasn't last year the first time he's had a major injury in his career? (He played 65/66 in 11-12, 78/82 12-13)

Who said he was injury prone?
    @mcnamara247

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Who said he was injury prone?
    You said if AND when Jrue or Gordon get injured.... as if it's a set-in-stone thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Jalen Rose on the Jalen and Jocoby podcast states at the 39 minute mark that Rivers is gone.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11232660
    I knew Jalen, Jacoby, and Bill didn't follow the Pellies...but Christ, that was brutal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    There are some strange articles on the Internet about the pelicans trading rivers, Anderson, Jrue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    You said if AND when Jrue or Gordon get injured.... as if it's a set-in-stone thing.
    How many teams can you find last year whose guards started all 82 games?

Far more likely that, between the two, they miss games than play all 82, no?

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    I knew Jalen, Jacoby, and Bill didn't follow the Pellies...but Christ, that was brutal.
    Pure entertainment. It's like watching Full House for parenting advice. Just enjoy it, don't try to take any real substance out of it.

Pure entertainment. It's like watching Full House for parenting advice. Just enjoy it, don't try to take any real substance out of it.
    You enjoy Full House?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    You enjoy Full House?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Lol I've introduced full house to my 3 yr old and she loves it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Austin Rivers and Jeff Whithey to the CLIPPERS for SF Jared Dudley. Who likes it? Could it work? I think it would be a good move to finalize the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    You enjoy Full House?
    Gibler grew up!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Gibler grew up!
    Also, guess who looks exactly the same?!

Damn right.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Austin Rivers and Jeff Whithey to the CLIPPERS for SF Jared Dudley. Who likes it? Could it work? I think it would be a good move to finalize the offseason.

it should be an approved trade as far as the league is concerned, and with the addition of Jimmer and Young, it might not be totally far fetched.... would it work financially for the Pelicans?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    it should be an approved trade as far as the league is concerned, and with the addition of Jimmer and Young, it might not be totally far fetched.... would it work financially for the Pelicans?
    Yes, already posted it on another thread:
    " What about Jared Dudley?
    This trade is doable :
    Rivers , Ajinca and Babbitt
    For
    Jared Dudley.
    He is better than all the sfs on the list.
    He is a good shooter, seems to be a nice locker room guy, can play team defense. "

Quote Originally Posted by pelicans_82-0 View Post
    Yes, already posted it on another thread:
    " What about Jared Dudley?
    This trade is doable :
    Rivers , Ajinca and Babbitt
    For
    Jared Dudley.
    He is better than all the sfs on the list.
    He is a good shooter, seems to be a nice locker room guy, can play team defense. "
    Apparently all the Clipper fans hate him and think he's turrible. Maybe they are onto something.

I'm actually a huge Jalen fan. "Story Time with Jalen Rose" or whatever is great but I always regret watching B.S. Report or Jalen and Jacoby because of the obliviousness to smaller markets. Jacoby's also a moron.

You can watch every minute of every game, doesn't mean you know what your watching! A former NBA player and ESPN analyst vs fans turned writer???

I would trust people who watch all 82 games and follow the team day in and day out over almost anyone else. Where would be a better place for Pelicans knowledge outside of here, BSS, and TBW?

Have you ever heard a coach or gm say publicly about a player under contract that he is not in their plans? Of course they are going to say that! When you are pitiful in years one and two, it has to be a three year plan!

I think actions are speaking otherwise. On a roster that already included Holiday, Gordon, Evans you gave Smith a guaranteed contract and you signed a free agent in Jimmer. Sorry, but I can only see this as they must not be comfortable with the current roster of backup guards.

Move him to get a good piece? Sure. Just to dump him to make room for a min. contract guy with one foot out of the league? No.

He should get 16-20 mpg this season; 8th most on the team and likely will start if and when Jrue or Gordon gets hurt. Yes, Monty and Dell have both mentioned him when talking about key guys moving forward. Have said from the beginning he is a three year project and this is year 3.

But I am sure Jalen and Jacoby knew all that and just had better intel that led to their wild speculation.

Sure, just like all the posts about possible Eric Gordon trades. Absolutely no substance! Did all those posts come from guys who didn't watch 82 games?

Sure, just like all the posts about possible Eric Gordon trades. Absolutely no substance! Did all those posts come from guys who didn't watch 82 games?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Why is Jrue all of a sudden injury prone? Wasn't last year the first time he's had a major injury in his career? (He played 65/66 in 11-12, 78/82 12-13)
    Think you could shorten your sig a bit? I literally have to scroll down more than an entire page to get past it.

You can watch every minute of every game, doesn't mean you know what your watching! A former NBA player and ESPN analyst vs fans turned writer???
    Also,

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Does no one on here turn off sigs in their forum setting?

Have you ever heard a coach or gm say publicly about a player under contract that he is not in their plans? Of course they are going to say that! When you are pitiful in years one and two, it has to be a three year plan!

I think actions are speaking otherwise. On a roster that already included Holiday, Gordon, Evans you gave Smith a guaranteed contract and you signed a free agent in Jimmer. Sorry, but I can only see this as they must not be comfortable with the current roster of backup guards.
    Monty said it was a 3 year plan before Austin played his first summer league game.
    I don't see how the signing of Jimmer says more about not believing in Rivers than it does about not believing Russ is ready. But I forgot Russ is Point God on these boards and Jrue won't have a starting spot by allstar break.

Thread Information