Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An Educated Guess on the Pelicans Rotation

Here is my one issue with Evans starting. He excelled in that role at the end of the season but that was mainly because his usage rate was sky high due to injuries. With a healthy roster he will just be out there in no man's land wasting minutes he could be attacking against the second units. I do want him closing games though...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Here is my one issue with Evans starting. He excelled in that role at the end of the season but that was mainly because his usage rate was sky high due to injuries. With a healthy roster he will just be out there in no man's land wasting minutes he could be attacking against the second units. I do want him closing games though...
    Not only that it means for him to maximize his time on the court Jrue and Eric have to be spot up shooters. Not sure that maximizes both their given skills and not sure either would want to settle for those roles whenever they are out there with Tyreke. The problem I had with some much money going to Gordon/Holiday/Evans initial was because I thought their games clashed a little. Now they'll be forced on the court together. They'll have to find some balance. This why last year injuries hurt so much they could have been working on this chemistry. Even best case they take 10-15 games to get it together 5(give or take 2 or 3) games will likely be the difference between making out of the West or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    No sir:
    Those are my words. No doubt about that. Back then, I thought we would get a different level of SF. Was wrong.

I am about 55/45 right now that Tyreke starts, so I agree with BSH, though most of the guys at BSS disagree. We shall see. Either way, Evans finishes and I think the mins play out about the same. The one thing I am sure about is that Gordon starts.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Those are my words. No doubt about that. Back then, I thought we would get a different level of SF. Was wrong.

I am about 55/45 right now that Tyreke starts, so I agree with BSH, though most of the guys at BSS disagree. We shall see. Either way, Evans finishes and I think the mins play out about the same. The one thing I am sure about is that Gordon starts.
    Part of me has wondered for years how good Gordon would be off the bench. He seems to start off really well and then fade out as the game goes along. That kind of instant impact would be really good in short bursts. Of course, I see the argument against it (15M player coming off the bench, worried this will hurt his ego) but I really like the idea of Gordon being our scoring 6th man a la Crawford.

I think another 10 minutes out of the total goes to backup center/centers, another SF or Russ.

Thanks MM, I can say the more interesting and meaningful debate is who will FINISH the season as the starting 3. I think Reke has earned a spot to try and start with the the other guys.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Part of me has wondered for years how good Gordon would be off the bench. He seems to start off really well and then fade out as the game goes along. That kind of instant impact would be really good in short bursts. Of course, I see the argument against it (15M player coming off the bench, worried this will hurt his ego) but I really like the idea of Gordon being our scoring 6th man a la Crawford.
    Like you stated, I do not think Gordon's ego could support playing off the bench. But i believe it would be best for the team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Someone needs to tell him it's all about who finishes the game, not who starts. He's making his $$$ either way

My only worry with Gordon starting is that Jrue was far less aggressive with him on the floor last year. I want to see Jrue attack and put the pressure on the defense constantly

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I've said it before, but will Asik be content with 28 mins per game and being on the bench at the most crucial times of the game? He's shown that just contributing to a winning team isn't enough for him at this stage of his career.
    Asik wants to start and feel like the team values him. What Houston did was chase him and say how much they wanted him and then turned around and chase the next guy to be his replacement in one year. That's far different than NO saying, "we value you so much that we gave up a 1st round pick for you."

It's also far different that Dwight and Asik couldn't play together because they were exact copies. Asik fits in perfect next to either of our main bigs. I es nothing to indicate that he wouldn't be happy in this situation. Is he really going to cry over 28 mins vs. 32 minutes? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Asik wants to start and feel like the team values him. What Houston did was chase him and say how much they wanted him and then turned around and chase the next guy to be his replacement in one year. That's far different than NO saying, "we value you so much that we gave up a 1st round pick for you."

It's also far different that Dwight and Asik couldn't play together because they were exact copies. Asik fits in perfect next to either of our main bigs. I es nothing to indicate that he wouldn't be happy in this situation. Is he really going to cry over 28 mins vs. 32 minutes? Nah.
    Certainly his situation is better here than Houston. But when he because a FA we won't be competing against Houston.

It was something that jumped out at me. We'll see as the season plays out where Asik stands and his level of contentment.

Def gunna use this rotation for my 2k roster

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Def gunna use this rotation for my 2k roster
    I have been debating what I will use. I think I might roll out Babbitt more often. Also wanna see how the AD-Ryno-Asik plays on 2K.

Doing my rosters now. Mother in law coming in for a week starting tomorrow. Going to be playing a lot.

I have been debating what I will use. I think I might roll out Babbitt more often. Also wanna see how the AD-Ryno-Asik plays on 2K.

Doing my rosters now. Mother in law coming in for a week starting tomorrow. Going to be playing a lot.
    Finished my rosters last night. I've been tinkering with the minutes to see who meshes well (on the game). Miller is extremely efficient for me in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Finished my rosters last night. I've been tinkering with the minutes to see who meshes well (on the game). Miller is extremely efficient for me in this game...
    I would be tempted to give Smith and Rivers some minutes in the back court and just press full court with AD and Asik back at the rim. Heck, add Jrue in and go super small and try to cause some turnovers.

Honestly I'm going to try and move salmons. But I try and keep it as real as possible. So I might just roll with it until the next season and then throw around some money

A whole week? Man...good luck

As someone who never played a 2k game until 2k14 and only plays my career I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Or how to do any of that stuff.

I'm also curious why my guy is never selected to an All-Star game. Is it because I only play key games? It'd take so long to play every single game. . . . .

I was on the Pels and we won a championship and then I got traded to the Suns. Lol. Westbrook, Me, All-Star SF, Morris, Deandre Jordan. Still have Dragic and Bledsoe off of bench. We are barely 8th seed. Lol

82 games are a lot but key games are really too few to become decent

So. Jordan Hamilton just won 6th man of the year. 14 pts, 6 rebs, on 40% from 3. Need to pick this guy up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So. Jordan Hamilton just won 6th man of the year. 14 pts, 6 rebs, on 40% from 3. Need to pick this guy up. Lol
    In what, sim league?
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    In what, sim league?
    My career. Have no idea if that's SIM league or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Honestly I'm going to try and move salmons. But I try and keep it as real as possible. So I might just roll with it until the next season and then throw around some money
    I played a game last night with our roster as it is now except jameer nelson at the backup point and reggie evans instead of patrik young. Also moved Rivers to the backup 2. Salmons was actually a pretty complimentary player on my game. We blew out the Rockets by 10 plus points. When i sim, it seems he just gets a couple of points, 2-4 rebounds, and more than a couple assists a game. It was real fun using him on the second unit because he has such a quick release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I played a game last night with our roster as it is now except jameer nelson at the backup point and reggie evans instead of patrik young. Also moved Rivers to the backup 2. Salmons was actually a pretty complimentary player on my game. We blew out the Rockets by 10 plus points. When i sim, it seems he just gets a couple of points, 2-4 rebounds, and more than a couple assists a game. It was real fun using him on the second unit because he has such a quick release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speaking of release, I have been playing with Eric Gordon for 3 years now and I am still terrible with him. Can't get that release down for the life of me. Money with Jrue and Ryno though.

I think our backup 5 (whoever wins the spot out of Whitey and Frenchy) will get the majority of minutes behind Asik until the 6 minute mark or so in the 4th, when our "finishing 5" will dominate the floor.

That first sub when bringing in Ryno to slide AD to the 5 will be the only few minutes that he's there until the last part of the game. Just my opinion.

Thread Information