Bracket 3 - Young or Role Type

Magic - Mo Harkless + picks
    Hawks - Thabo Sefolosha + picks
    Lakers - MarShon Brooks + picks
    Pistons - Kentavious Caldwell Pope + picks
    Phoenix - Archie Goodwin + picks
    Jazz - Jeremy Evans + picks
    Mavericks - Jae Crowder + picks
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    Bracket 1 - Unlikely Upgrades

Kings - Rudy Gay
    Blazers - Nic Batum
    Pistons - Josh Smith
    Suns - Gerald Green
    Magic - Tobias Harris
    Lakers - Nick Young
    Mavericks - Monta Ellis

Bracket 2 - Starters

Nuggets - Danillo Gallinari
    76ers - Thaddeus Young
    Nets - Marcus Thornton
    Bobcats - Gerald Henderson
    Timberwolves - Kevin Martin
    Blazers - Wesley Matthews
    Nuggets - Wilson Chandler
    Knicks - Jr Smith
    Hawks - Kyle Korver
    Bucks - OJ Mayo
    Grizzlies - Tayshaun Prince

you're crazy bro. you think we can trade Gordon for anyone AND get picks back? I've got some ocean front property in Shreveport you should check out.

Quote Originally Posted by dleboeuf84 View Post
    you're crazy bro. you think we can trade Gordon for anyone AND get picks back? I've got some ocean front property in Shreveport you should check out.
    Dude i just moved to shreveport!

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    2nd rd picks are ez bro

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Out of all these I only see Tayshaun Prince, JR Smith and OJ Mayo as real possibilities without including assets. Believe it or not Gordon is actually much better than those three guys on the court so I'm not sure if even trade him for them straight up.
    @DanielVeuleman

As we hear from Dell, Monty, Michael ( ), as we see from the photos from Las Vegas - Gordon is in a good shape, and hopefully - it will be his contract year and you all know what it means...
    But theoretically if this trade will occur now - my only hope is Hornets. Now we hear that MJ is desperately tryin' to acquire somebody - now it is Stephenson. If they won't like to overpay much 4 Lance my only hope will be EJ for Henderson/Biyombo.

Other possibilities might happen when/if EJ will play good in the season or when he will decide to opt out. It looks like that expiring contract is not longer an assett in NBA (see Amare, Boozer etc).

IMO if it is not CHA - Gordon will stay and probably will start and play good (fingers crossed).
    NY will not send Amare for him cause we do not have cap space, Denver won't need SG (Afflalo), we do not need C (McGee), Chandler is in Dallas...

We may need to find or start a support group for people addicted to Gordon trade threads.

Really tho, it isn't even fun any more to pass the time. It's not happening. At this point IMO Dell would have to add Davis as a sweetner to get some blind, deaf GM who's on his first day of the job and knows absolutely nothing about basketball and the NBA to even allow Dell to finish his sentance past "I'll trade you Eric Gordon....."

Kings - Rudy Gay
    Blazers - Nic Batum
    Pistons - Josh Smith
    Suns - Gerald Green
    Magic - Tobias Harris
    Lakers - Nick Young
    Mavericks - Monta Ellis

Bracket 2 - Starters

76ers - Thaddeus Young
    Nets - Marcus Thornton
    Knicks - Jr Smith
    Hawks - Kyle Korver
    Bucks - OJ Mayo

Is this a real post??? really??? Wow

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Play the game of ifs. If Gordon stays healthy and has a breakout first half of the season like a 22/4/4 kinda numbers, is he still unmovable?

If Gordon stays healthy and has a breakout first half of the season like a 22/4/4 kinda numbers, is he still unmovable?
    I think him opting out if that happens is a more likely outcome. As beaten down as his value has become, I doubt teams would get in a bidding war over him and give us something useful. The team may not be in playoffs or bust mode, but they have to be pretty close so you can't just dump Gordon in the middle of the year unless Rivers makes an unexpected jump. If he's having a contract year I'd rather him be to us like Ariza was to Washington this year. Help us get to the 2nd round and then give us a trade exception or cap space on your way out.

*sigh* it's Danilo: da-ni-lo. One "l". Sorry but had to point it out

I think I'm missing something and have been for a long time. I understand the past beef with EG10 and how he has been hurt the majority of the time that he has been here. But what now? What from last season make people want to trade him so much. His contract is bad I agree with that but if you trade him what will you really get in return? Money off the books? Start Tyreke and get a small forward than can do what shoot or play D (hard to find a small forward that can do both, doesn't get piad out the butt and will want to come to the Pels). EG was pretty healthy last season and will be a lot healthier this season since he doesn't have to do any type of rehab. Haven't we been building a team very slowly after CP3 left? We got EG who we thought was our go to guy and he turns out to just be a guy that is really good and doesn't have many wholes in his game but is not a superstar which I can live with if he stays healthy. Then we draft the franchise player who is our PF (thank God we have a true Center now in Asik). We then get Ryan Anderson who is one of the best shooting/scoring PF in the game (Love beats him at scoring, Ryan wins at shooting) Then we get our point gaurd for long term in Jrue and sign our 6th man of the year in Tyreke (sorry Ryan you are now #7). Then this year we get our starting Center who can take pressure off of AD.

So now we have 1 really good PG, 2 really good SG (skill wise forget the Contract), 2 really good PF, and 1 really good Center. Each year we add another piece or two. Yes we need a Small Forward but in my eyes that can wait until next year and knowing Dell we will be able to get one without loosing any of the players mentioned. Trading Gordon in hopes for a starting SF (who talent wise won't match Gordon) somewhere out of it will make our starting 5 a little better and our bench a lot worse. If we didn't match Phoenix for Gordon we might not have the other players we do today. Tyreke was excited to come play with AD AND Gordon. I understand that we overpaid for the match and it makes things harder but tons of players are overpaid now a days so that the team can ensure they retain them (Bosh, Parsons, Hayward, etc). So am I missing something? What part of Gordon's game do some here not like? Not his contract but his game?

What from last season make people want to trade him so much.
    That he makes $15 million and he's not a SF and neither is Tyreke. We need to turn his salary slot into a good SF and a backup at another position, and we need to do it before AD's next contract kicks in which means he either needs to opt out or he needs to be traded. I can see a situation like I outlined above where he is to us this year what Ariza was to the Wizards last year. Someone that really helps you but also someone you know is not worth his market price to your team.

I still think he'll opt in to that last year. As miserable as some people think he is here in N.O... nothing cures misery like a cool 15 million dollars to sit out with another injury. Not wishing anything bad on the guy, but his history speaks for itself.

The only time I can see him being an option for a team to trade for him is when he becomes an expiring contract, and IMO that will be at the end of the '15 season.

if the pacers dont want him he isnt going anywhere

simple as that and even though they have a hole i dont see them wanting gordon at his price
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    That he makes $15 million and he's not a SF and neither is Tyreke. We need to turn his salary slot into a good SF and a backup at another position, and we need to do it before AD's next contract kicks in which means he either needs to opt out or he needs to be traded. I can see a situation like I outlined above where he is to us this year what Ariza was to the Wizards last year. Someone that really helps you but also someone you know is not worth his market price to your team.
    Next off-season we have a team option on AD of I believe $7.07 mil. Next off-season Dell will only be worried about getting a SF. Nothing else. We need to let that sink in a little. All the other core contracts will be not be a problem next year. Give Dell an entire off season to focus on 1 position and we will get a player with the same magnitude of Asik without giving up anyone at the core. It's a chess match.

I would be shocked if any of these players would be traded for EG.

I think we are set and we are moving forward on the team as is with summer league players filling in.

Kings - Rudy Gay
    Blazers - Nic Batum
    Pistons - Josh Smith
    Suns - Gerald Green
    Magic - Tobias Harris
    Lakers - Nick Young
    Mavericks - Monta Ellis

Bracket 2 - Starters

76ers - Thaddeus Young
    Nets - Marcus Thornton
    Knicks - Jr Smith
    Hawks - Kyle Korver
    Bucks - OJ Mayo

This is actually very cool, and thought out. Thanks for the ideas. HornetsGuru wont be able to sleep for days now thinking of the possibilities.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I still think he'll opt in to that last year. As miserable as some people think he is here in N.O... nothing cures misery like a cool 15 million dollars to sit out with another injury. Not wishing anything bad on the guy, but his history speaks for itself.

The only time I can see him being an option for a team to trade for him is when he becomes an expiring contract, and IMO that will be at the end of the '15 season.
    Gordon had basically 1 injury that never was completely fixed until this last season. He didn't trust our doctors and didn't think he needed surgery. He finally got the help he needed in La and since then he hasn't been hurt if I recall (minus some bumps and bruises like when he was undercut on a layup and landed on his hip). And I don't think he is miserable here (anymore at least). He was young and had the world on a silver platter. He did not know how the NBA worked. It was poor communication on both sides during the Phoenix fiasco. Gordon (I believe) is a lot happier than he use to be playing with Jrue, Reke (his friends), AD and Ryan. We actually have a team now. I don't see any indication that Gordon does not like our current team.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    Gordon had basically 1 injury that never was completely fixed until this last season. He didn't trust our doctors and didn't think he needed surgery. He finally got the help he needed in La and since then he hasn't been hurt if I recall (minus some bumps and bruises like when he was undercut on a layup and landed on his hip). And I don't think he is miserable here (anymore at least). He was young and had the world on a silver platter. He did not know how the NBA worked. It was poor communication on both sides during the Phoenix fiasco. Gordon (I believe) is a lot happier than he use to be playing with Jrue, Reke (his friends), AD and Ryan. We actually have a team now. I don't see any indication that Gordon does not like our current team.
    Sounds like you know him personally. I think if he stays healthy he could be a legit 23 ppg 4 rebs 4 asst guy, and even with those numbers I don't think he'll opt out, nor do I think anyone will trade for him (this season). I see alot of 3-guard lineups now that we have the Turk anchoring our defense. With EG's ability to knock down jumpers I think he'll be productive IF HE STAYS HEALTHY.

All the other core contracts will be not be a problem next year.
    Except for the tiny problem of being over the cap and limited to the MLE if Gordon doesn't opt out. THAT is the problem with Gordon. Next offseason will be the last chance to keep these core pieces and add a $10+ million player via Free Agency, but that can only happen if Gordon isn't on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Sounds like you know him personally. I think if he stays healthy he could be a legit 23 ppg 4 rebs 4 asst guy, and even with those numbers I don't think he'll opt out, nor do I think anyone will trade for him (this season). I see alot of 3-guard lineups now that we have the Turk anchoring our defense. With EG's ability to knock down jumpers I think he'll be productive IF HE STAYS HEALTHY.
    Nah don't know him personally haha. The only player that I met and actually talked to that has ever played for hornets/pels is CP3 before the draft I believe. I had a basketball tourny that was at the Alero cetner and he was with 2 trainers (I assume) doing some drills and got to speak to him as he was walking out.

I think the type of players out there getting overpaid we should be able to live with one that can avg 23 ppg 4 rebs 4 asst on a very good young team. Just for reference D. Wade numbers last year: GP 54 (???), 19.0 ppg, 4.7 asst, 4.5 rebs. Sure he played with lebron and bosh but outside of those 3 who else really scored consistently? We have 5 players that can put up 20ppg consistently. I also agree that we will see a lot of 3 gaurd lineups now.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't think Dell will trade Gordon for cap space and a scrub.

I think he's gotten those offers for Gordon, knows he could get them again next offseason, and will play it out unless a team gives him someone he can plug in as a productive 30 minute per game guy this season.

I can see us not trading Gordon and signing a player like M. Miller (not him but someone similar with better health) next season and that would be it as far as starting lineup and core bench.

I think I'm missing something and have been for a long time. I understand the past beef with EG10 and how he has been hurt the majority of the time that he has been here. But what now? What from last season make people want to trade him so much. His contract is bad I agree with that but if you trade him what will you really get in return? Money off the books? Start Tyreke and get a small forward than can do what shoot or play D (hard to find a small forward that can do both, doesn't get piad out the butt and will want to come to the Pels). EG was pretty healthy last season and will be a lot healthier this season since he doesn't have to do any type of rehab. Haven't we been building a team very slowly after CP3 left? We got EG who we thought was our go to guy and he turns out to just be a guy that is really good and doesn't have many wholes in his game but is not a superstar which I can live with if he stays healthy. Then we draft the franchise player who is our PF (thank God we have a true Center now in Asik). We then get Ryan Anderson who is one of the best shooting/scoring PF in the game (Love beats him at scoring, Ryan wins at shooting) Then we get our point gaurd for long term in Jrue and sign our 6th man of the year in Tyreke (sorry Ryan you are now #7). Then this year we get our starting Center who can take pressure off of AD.

So now we have 1 really good PG, 2 really good SG (skill wise forget the Contract), 2 really good PF, and 1 really good Center. Each year we add another piece or two. Yes we need a Small Forward but in my eyes that can wait until next year and knowing Dell we will be able to get one without loosing any of the players mentioned. Trading Gordon in hopes for a starting SF (who talent wise won't match Gordon) somewhere out of it will make our starting 5 a little better and our bench a lot worse. If we didn't match Phoenix for Gordon we might not have the other players we do today. Tyreke was excited to come play with AD AND Gordon. I understand that we overpaid for the match and it makes things harder but tons of players are overpaid now a days so that the team can ensure they retain them (Bosh, Parsons, Hayward, etc). So am I missing something? What part of Gordon's game do some here not like? Not his contract but his game?
    Have to get Gordon off of the books by next summer. That is the only way we can make another significant free agent pickup before AD's massive contract extension will be on the books. Basically, if we can figure out a way to clear Gordon, we can sign a free agent with that cap space and then exceed the cap w/ Davis' extension using bird rights. If we have cap space when we sign him, or if Gordon is on the roster, the extension eats up all of our cap space. We could have Davis-Asik-Anderson-Holiday-Evans-Rivers and 15 million dollars or so to use on free agents next summer. After we spend it, we can re-sign Asik using Bird rights, the same w/ Ryno the year after and the same w/ Evans and Holiday the year after that (obviously we probably won't re-sign ALL of those guys, but the option is there.

Thread Information