Pelicans Report

Thread: Who will be our end of the bench players?

Who will be our end of the bench players?

I would like to see Josh Howard have a successful comeback, but I know it is along shot.

Besides Withey and Smith I predict ...

Southerland
    Young
    Babbitt make the team and round out our bench.

It should be Salmons, but it seems like he'll be Stiemsma all over again, this time at SF

I don't consider Salmons, an end of the bench player. I believe he will get significant minutes, and play a lot with the 1st and 2nd units.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I would like to see Josh Howard have a successful comeback, but I know it is along shot.

Besides Withey and Smith I predict ...

Southerland
    Young
    Babbitt make the team and round out our bench.
    That's probably about right. I'd prefer Miller to Southerland, though. I like what Russ and Young can bring as possible role players down the line but it's a good thing that we have enough quality depth in front of them to relegate them to the end of the bench so they can be bought along slowly.

I also like the fact that the majority of our roster has been retained for the first time since CP3 left. As some have pointed out, guys in Monty's systems normally make nice leaps from the 1st to 2nd season, so that will apply to a lot of our holdovers.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I don't consider Salmons, an end of the bench player. I believe he will get significant minutes, and play a lot with the 1st and 2nd units.
    END OF THE WORLD, ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!!! JIMMY SMITH WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING ALL ALONG!!!!

One of the best spot up SFs that was left on the market. And who knows, maybe he'll be in a smaller role that suits him and minimizes his shortcomings. He might be the SF reincarnation of Steimsma, or he could be the next journeyman on a growing line of players who have a career resurrection of sorts under Monty (JSmith, Roberts, Belinelli, Morrow, etc.) We'll see.

Withey. He should not touch the court in any case, he can't keep even summer league "talent" in check. I'd rather have ajinca and young in his place

Russ Smith better make the team. Where is he projected on the depth chart? Russ Smith is the one player I really liked in College. I liked Jeff Withey before he was a Pelican too. I'm very happy the Pelicans have three players I really like in Ryno, Russ, and Withey in that order.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Withey. He should not touch the court in any case, he can't keep even summer league "talent" in check. I'd rather have ajinca and young in his place
    i agree, withey looks too weak and unagressive to be a good pro....young looks like a steal
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Thread Information