Pelicans Report

Thread: Jason Smith

Jason Smith

I know there won't be many minutes for him but I keep thinking the biggest mistake of the offseason will be not bring J-Smitty back. I know its fun to think that Withey, Pat Young, or Ajinca can handle the 10-15 minutes that the 4th big plays but they cannot give anywhere near the quality that J. Smith can give. He is also the perfect injury replacement for any of the 1st 3 since he has and can play any of the roles that AD, Asik, and Ryno play.

Either way I hope he gets paid if he doesn't stay...hes been a great guy for this franchise

Just so hard to count on him with the injury history. I love the idea of giving reps to some fresh legs. I am really looking forward to seeing if Ajinca and Babbitt can make a little jump. Remember, nobody wanted Smith back after the 1st season, but he made a jump in the second year.

I really think Ajinca can be as good or better (because he can rebound on D) if he just limited the fouling.
    @mcnamara247

All available roster spots left need to go to SF. I like JSmith but adding another big is level 1937368282736373 priority. Level 1-193736828273672 is get more SF depth.

I guess he has had injury problems but I don't understand that difference between Spencer Hawes and Jason Smith.

Hawes' range extends two very important feet further.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    PASS

hawes has also played 70+ games every season except 1. like mm said, smiths injury history kills it.

Thread Information