Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Salmons to pels

I like this move. Proven veteran who can has shown he can contribute to a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I mean, the guy got minutes in 12 playoff games this year. Something Casspi couldn't do. Maybe he brings more to a team than his numbers indicate.
    I think Toronto was eliminated in the 1st round, so he could not have played in 12 playoff games this year.

So, now that Dell got Salmons instead of below average SF 'X', he is hurting his team?

Oh boy.
    I can't stand watching him play. That's it. He almost makes basketball unfun for me to watch. Don't care about his stats. I just don't want to see him get playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    We need a veteran presence in the locker room & someone who would only accept a one year deal. other guys on the market are likely searching for 2-3 year deals at least and we need the cap room next offseason to really address the SF position when there are significant options
    Yeah I was going to say this too. All the other guys probably want multi-year deals and there's no one I love that much or could afford, save the money for 2015. I'd rather find someone like Salmons who would accept a 1 year deal and be a slight upgrade this year to get a major upgrade in the offseason.

Yeah why can't we just wait. Hopefully we magically had cap Space and can still use the re

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do we have to have a willie green on this team every year. Just expect him to get a ton a minutes to with Monty.

1-6

pretty sure second round.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think Toronto was eliminated in the 1st round, so he could not have played in 12 playoff games this year.
    It was meant to read 12+ minutes per game. I fixed it
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    they lost in 7 probably a typo
    SIGN A SF

some of yall refuse to be happy

salmons is a legit NBA player...not a d leaguer like lance thomas, greg steimsma, darius miller, southerland, etc etc that this team has been running out there lately. yall dont even know the terms of the deal...it might not even all be guaranteed. and even if it is, if he stinks he wont play.

Don't know yet. Only one reporter tweeted the details of the deal. We are going to have to wait to get all the facts. But we can't do that. Got a game tomorrow!
    Really LOL "I NEED tickets for TOMORROW"S game .... Anybody ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I can't stand watching him play. That's it. He almost makes basketball unfun for me to watch. Don't care about his stats. I just don't want to see him get playing time.
    Fair enough. I think we needed something for fans to get mad at Monty about. It was all going too smoothly. This will be the guy.

But my thing is that, Willie Green wasn't the reason we won or lost games. It was always about those core guys. Same will happen here. Whoever the backup is will have a great game one night and people will say, "See, Monty should play him more! He's an idiot!"

But it is all a distraction from the real guys that matter. Those guys will win or lose games for us.

By some of the post in here people were looking for any reason to bash Dell

LOL this place is hilarious. He didn't get the player you wanted so now Dell sucks. "Why didn't we sign Player X!?" Some of y'all forget that free agency is a 2-way street, and maybe... juuuust maybe... Dell reached out to other guys, and the interest wasn't mutual.

But its whatever. The offseason is over anyway right?

Anyone who doesn't hustle and get back on defense after a sho, always hurts his team.

Basketball101

•I hope they don't put Salmon in the starters role. Remember the SF spot have a vacancy
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 07-14-2014 at 03:32 PM.

What in the world did you people expect to get with the RE? Salmons seems to be to be a prototypcial Room exception player...solid veteran, does some things good, has flaws, can give you minutes but is not gonna set the world on fire. This team has always been SF by committee, and we all should have known that that would continue for this coming season. That's what you get for $2 Million. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    if he stinks he wont play.
    lol

But seriously, this move is fine IF its not for the RLE and IF he is the backup or the 3rd option.

If we used our exception and he's starting, it is not a great solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    LOL this place is hilarious. He didn't get the player you wanted so now Dell sucks. "Why didn't we sign Player X!?" Some of y'all forget that free agency is a 2-way street, and maybe... juuuust maybe... Dell reached out to other guys, and the interest wasn't mutual.

But its whatever. The offseason is over anyway right?
    I doubt players like Wesly and Hamilton wouldn't want to come here. We have a huge hole at sf where they would be guaranteed major minutes and possibly starting. With other teams they would more likely be back ups or 3rd string players.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    What in the world did you people expect to get with the RE? Salmons seems to be to be a prototypcial Room exception player...solid veteran, does some things good, has flaws, can give you minutes but is not gonna set the world on fire. This team has always been SF by committee, and we all should have known that that would continue for this coming season. That's what you get for $2 Million. It is what it is.
    Dude, we should've split out RLE in half and used partial on Ariza and partial on Deng. And then we can ask Ryno to restructure his deal so that we can then sign Jameer with the BAE. Then with remaining cap space we order pizzas for the whole fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Dude, we should've split out RLE in half and used partial on Ariza and partial on Deng. And then we can ask Ryno to restructure his deal so that we can then sign Jameer with the BAE. Then with remaining cap space we order pizzas for the whole fanbase
    *order pizzas from italy

From italy man, italy! You keep forgetting the focal point of the entire deal, smh

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If there is another move associated with this then fine, I understand. But John Salmons is the epitome of a player that I don't want us to sign. The only thing he's got going is he's a vet....yimmpe. Played in 60 games last year (20mpg) and made 63 3-pointers, so let's stop acting like he's the shooter we've been waiting for. Doesn't even attempt to try to play defense, and I was worried about Casspi

I'd rather a guy like Southerland (and I don't even like him) who at least has the potential to be a below average-average defender and shows some promise of an upside as compared to a guy who's just there. If we still have our RLE and he's a guy who will barely see the floor I'm fine with that, but if he in any real rotation, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I doubt players like Wesly and Hamilton wouldn't want to come here. We have a huge hole at sf where they would be guaranteed major minutes and possibly starting. With other teams they would more likely be back ups or 3rd string players.
    But with one of the youngest teams in the league, why are we not considering veteran leadership as important an attribute as anything else. I mean, besides defensive rebounding from Hamilton, what does either of those guys do better on the court than Salmons? Because I know they are not savvy players or leaders or experienced in the way Salmons is.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    lol

But seriously, this move is fine IF its not for the RLE and IF he is the backup or the 3rd option.

If we used our exception and he's starting, it is not a great solution.
    This isn't a "solution" anyways. this is stop-gap for one year for chump change in the NBA. Everyone take a breath we will be fine!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Huh. That's something. Not good o bad. Roger Mason with a different name.

But with one of the youngest teams in the league, why are we not considering veteran leadership as important an attribute as anything else. I mean, besides defensive rebounding from Hamilton, what does either of those guys do better on the court than Salmons? Because I know they are not savvy players or leaders or experienced in the way Salmons is.
    Up side and younger legs. We need a gunner and he's a gunner with better defense than Salmons.

Thread Information