Pelicans Report

Thread: Anyone in consulting?

Anyone in consulting?

I have an interview tomorrow with a energy consulting company tomorrow. The job is as a traveling energy trading and risk management consultant. Does anyone on the site work in this field, or know anyone in this field? I am coming from 5 years as a forensic accountant, and they sought me out, so I am not sure what kind of questions to prep for.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Might be able to refer to someone...

I've been an independent healthcare consultant for about 3 and 1/2 years now the best advice I can give you in any interview for consulting is to not embellish. Be very straight forward on what you have and haven't done before and don't promise the world. One of the biggest pieces of feedback I get back from my interviews are exactly that I don't oversell and am very reasonable. Another stigma behind consultants is ego, if you leave it at the door in your interview (but are confident) and it's a good fit, it'll work out. I pretty much emphasize that in any interview (We're both trying to find if this is a mutual good fit). I can't help you with the field, and that's about the best general "consulting" advice I can give.

Thread Information