Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Asik + Casspi heading our way

agree 100%, thing is that being Pro Israeli is can be not a very popular opinion in the eyes of many (apparently in the eyes of Dwight as well).

as far as Evans goes, he was pretty good with Casspi in Sacramento but had a major flaw that season...he would not pass the ball, ever. it was worse than Kobe at times. seeing as i didnt follow his game alot over the years, has he gotten over it?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Bas View Post
    agree 100%, thing is that being Pro Israeli is can be not a very popular opinion in the eyes of many (apparently in the eyes of Dwight as well).

as far as Evans goes, he was pretty good with Casspi in Sacramento but had a major flaw that season...he would not pass the ball, ever. it was worse than Kobe at times. seeing as i didnt follow his game alot over the years, has he gotten over it?
    How did he average 5.8 assists if he never passed? He passed to himself?

Evans was a very willing passer last season, problem was there was no one to pass to.

He had the 2nd highest assist rate of any SF last year. Behind only LBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    No wonder people use anonymous accounts to say what they really mean. You say something with your own name and face attached and you gotta duck and hide from the blow back and it's exponentially worse when you're a high profile individual.

Heh. Gives me a damn good idea for a character in a show or movie.
    Sorry, Hannah Montana was already made.

How long does the protection on our 1st round pick last?

How did he average 5.8 assists if he never passed? He passed to himself?

That was the first thing that popped in my head when I read that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    You'll find that we're well educated and know if someone cannot pass or not

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Sorry, Hannah Montana was already made.
    You missed it. My brain works the other way.

I'm not talking about someone using a fake identity.

I'm talking about someone that doesn't and won't apologize for it.

I'm talking about someone that doesn't and won't apologize for it.
    Joan Rivers already has a show.

Quote Originally Posted by itsADstime View Post
    Joan Rivers already has a show.
    Excellent. I'm already being told it won't work.

My eventually success is assured.

Pro-Israel is pretty much the same as pro-America for many of us....

Noticed that Casspi's free throw percentage in in the 60s. That is not inspiring. However, he grades out as slightly above average, something that Darius Miller did not even approach.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

That was the first thing that popped in my head when I read that.
    huh, youre right. that's funny, what i mainly remember from him is hogging the ball

huh, youre right. that's funny, what i mainly remember from him is hogging the ball
    Objectively, how does 5.8 assists per game = hogging the ball?

High usage, perhaps; ball-hogging, no.

i love it
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Why is anyone upset at this comment after reading the bold ?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Evans? Seriously?

Reke retweeted this a while back

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Objectively, how does 5.8 assists per game = hogging the ball?

High usage, perhaps; ball-hogging, no.
    once again, looking at the stats youre right and i was probably mistaken. i just seem to remember way too many plays going his way, not always in a good way. but that might be just bad playcalling

anyway, i stand corrected, don't hate on the Pelican rookie fan

Why does anyone here wan't Casspi? We need NO weak links in the starting 5. If you can't play D and have game on the offense.. we don't need that player. I'd rather have an decent player that can do both, we don't need another scorer not enough balls to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Why does anyone here wan't Casspi? We need NO weak links in the starting 5. If you can't play D and have game on the offense.. we don't need that player. I'd rather have an decent player that can do both, we don't need another scorer not enough balls to go around.
    You can't have 10 great players. For a guy that will be the backup 3 and play 10-15 mpg max, you could do a lot worse than him.
    "While everyone is watching the play-offs, keep in mind, Anthony Davis is off somewhere getting better."

Just heard Casspi was traded from Houston to the New Orleans Pelicans, I find this trade very interesting, the Pelicans are a young team, and Casspi is young as well, I think he can benefit from this trade and of course contribute to the team as well.
    Let's not be delusional, Casspi is not the best material for a starter in the league, he was a starter in Sacramento along with Tyreke Evans and he was pretty decent, but I think if the Pelicans are going to re-sign Aminu then he should be the one starting.
    It takes time for Casspi to adjust to a new method and the new city and his role, in Houston for example he played most of his minutes as a back up PF and showed he is not bad at all at this role, but in the Pelicans he will probably be requested and expected to play as a SF, which I think is his natural role.
    Casspi can contribute with his enthusiasm, spirit, the three-point shots, he can rebound pretty well, and he passes the ball wisely, he also improved his defense which is to be honest very average for an NBA player.
    To sum it up, I think Casspi can contribute to a fresh and young NBA team, he will probably be playing in the beginning as a player of the bench but I think as the time surpasses by he might even be a starter.

His AST rate was 14.1 28th among SF's. A few spots lower than Aminu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Casspi most likely won't be starting.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Very few teams have NO weak links in their starting 5. Also I don't think starting Casspi is the plan. Let's wait a few more days.

Thread Information