Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Asik + Casspi heading our way

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    who is scotty hopson, anyone?
    The guy whose contract is helping us make this trade. All that matters. I will always be thankful to him for signing that piece of paper
    @mcnamara247

can someone tell me about scotty hopson?

What a terrific job by Dell Demps. If we would've been told before the offseason of these outlandish contracts, we would've expected Marvin Williams and some garbage center for the room. Instead we get the best center on the market and a solid backup SF, and we still have room to sign a quality SF with the room. Additionally, he kept the whole core together. People can debate some of his moves, but he's made only 1 terrible move and what GM is without sin? Extend this man. He deserves it. I'm 100% confident my favorite basketball team is in good hands as long as he is my GM.
    "While everyone is watching the play-offs, keep in mind, Anthony Davis is off somewhere getting better."

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    An unguaranteed contract.
    word
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    played for Tennessee
    Been in the d league

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    They won't want him, I believe, because his contract is guaranteed.
    It is guaranteed, but it's a need for them at a great price.

Casspi too? nice

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The guy whose contract is helping us make this trade. All that matters. I will always be thankful to him for signing that piece of paper
    Will he be on the team or it's just for us to dump his contract for the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by BrowDownOnNBA View Post
    What a terrific job by Dell Demps. If we would've been told before the offseason of these outlandish contracts, we would've expected Marvin Williams and some garbage center for the room. Instead we get the best center on the market and a solid backup SF, and we still have room to sign a quality SF with the room. Additionally, he kept the whole core together. People can debate some of his moves, but he's made only 1 terrible move and what GM is without sin? Extend this man. He deserves it. I'm 100% confident my favorite basketball team is in good hands as long as he is my GM.
    co-signed 1000 times

What a terrific job by Dell Demps. If we would've been told before the offseason of these outlandish contracts, we would've expected Marvin Williams and some garbage center for the room. Instead we get the best center on the market and a solid backup SF, and we still have room to sign a quality SF with the room. People can debate some of his moves, but he's made only 1 terrible move and what GM is without sin? Extend this man. He deserves it. I'm 100% confident my favorite basketball team is in good hands as long as he is my GM.
    And even if he does got fired, I hope we keep him to do all the cap stuff. You may question some of his moves, but you can't deny that Demps is a cap wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    So is Garcia going to come join his old teammates (Reke &Casspi)?
    and Asik. He and Casspi coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    It is guaranteed, but it's a need for them at a great price.
    They still have Donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Like a young Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Like a young Kobe.
    Doesn't want to play for the Hornets?

In total agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    And even if he does got fired, I hope we keep him to do all the cap stuff. You may question some of his moves, but you can't deny that Demps is a cap wizard.
    If he was fired he would have another GM job in a matter of weeks.

Honestly with Young I'd rather throw in Ajinca and keep Babbitt (as long as Houston wants him). How do you feel?
    I agree. That's why I said worst case. We need all the shooting we can get and having AD Ryno and Asik severely limits the number of minutes that would be allotted to our fourth big. Rather continue developing Withey, plus it helps that his contract is twice as cheap.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And THERE's the Hopson trade. Told you guys it was coming. You just had to wait a little bit. Wasn't so bad, was it?
    Come on man... it didn't go down at 12:01 am so...

Good call.

They still have Donuts.
    That they do, but no one else. Just 2

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Come on man... it didn't go down at 12:01 am so...

Good call.
    I know, right? If there is one thing I have learned this summer, it is to keep things to myself. People are so on edge this time of year.

Just gonna sit back and watch next year.

apparently Casspi is highly disliked at the rockets.. and is very political, pissed off all his teamates.

That they do, but no one else. Just 2
    If they have to play a third center, they are in such big trouble that Ajinca wasn't going to help them, anyway.

MM,

There's no way you can do that, you would explode lol

But that is what most of us here want. Forget the idiots on twitter.

Since Casspi is a min guy, do we need to send back salary? Can't he just be in his own trade and we can just absorb him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    apparently Casspi is highly disliked at the rockets.. and is very political, pissed off all his teamates.
    maybe that is why dwight tweeted free Palestine lol

Thread Information