Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Asik + Casspi heading our way

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I mean he will only be here for 1 year but if he gets an offer from someone else and we match it I would hope he had enough success here to go with us.

Not like how Houston could have matched Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Forgive me if this has been talked about and answered elsewhere in this thread, but it's pretty long and hard to find specifics:

Do we feel strongly that we'll be able to resign Asik to a longer term deal, or is this a one year guy?
    I think a lot hangs on what type of year we have. If we make the playoffs for example I think it increases our chance to retain Asik. I think how many mins he'll get or if he's on the court when we close out games will matter.

I'm a huge Asik fan who followed from Chicago to Houston to now New Orleans... Happy to see him in a great fit now. Him and Dwight.....Yuck! But Anthony Davis!!!! What do you guys call him AD? AD23? He is so good. Rockets played you guys only a few times last year but wow. He is a phenomenal piece of work!! Can not wait to see him next to Anthony!

Quote Originally Posted by AsikAndDestroy View Post
    I'm a huge Asik fan who followed from Chicago to Houston to now New Orleans... Happy to see him in a great fit now. Him and Dwight.....Yuck! But Anthony Davis!!!! What do you guys call him AD? AD23? He is so good. Rockets played you guys only a few times last year but wow. He is a phenomenal piece of work!! Can not wait to see him next to Anthony!
    Welcome. You and ItsRynosTime should get along nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Welcome. You and ItsRynosTime should get along nicely.
    I'm not sure who that is, but if he loves Ryno it's true. Ryno and asik will be best friends. Like those two guys on perfect strangers haha

Quote Originally Posted by AsikAndDestroy View Post
    Glad to have you here! I also am a big Asik fan, love his relentless rebounding, rim protection, and pick n roll defense. He is what we were missing on our team. Him and AD will make the best defensive front court in the NBA imo.

BTW I just call him either AD, or the brow.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Sounds like he is looking forward to playing for Monty too.

I really can't wait for this season to begin. It's gonna be an amazing front court we get to see here.
    Monty has his team now I just hope he does bring back that snails pace offense. This will be a top team in blocks and steals so they should be a uptempo team like they were beginning of last season.

1-6

I think this confirms that Casspi will be waived.

David 'Dubi' Pick: "This is a big season for my career, it's important that I play," Omri Casspi said upon arrival in Israel. New Orleans isn't the best situation for me. We'll finalize terms of split," Omri Casspi added.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think this confirms that Casspi will be waived.

David 'Dubi' Pick: "This is a big season for my career, it's important that I play," Omri Casspi said upon arrival in Israel. New Orleans isn't the best situation for me. We'll finalize terms of split," Omri Casspi added.
    He's definitely candid. Oh well, fare thee well, Omri.

!حرروا فلسطين

Sorry, had to drop it

like free love and free fries

Thread Information