Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Asik + Casspi heading our way

I wish we signed Brandon Rush if healthy he's the best fit for our starting line up too bad we signed john salmons 5 years too late

Rush would be a nice get at league minimum.

Y'all I'm sorry but I've been without internet for the past 4 days. Anyone wanna summarize the past 16 pages for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Y'all I'm sorry but I've been without internet for the past 4 days. Anyone wanna summarize the past 16 pages for me?
    Nobody in the league wanted to trade for Rivers, even for free, so the team was considering stretching him to get him off the cap and make room for Asik. Then LeBron went home to Cleveland and the Cavs started dumping expiring deals which Demps snatched up to enable him to trade for Asik without losing anyone. Rivers, Withey and Babbit had been in danger of being Asik trade casualties.

Dallas threw a max deal and Chandler Parsons so Houston decided to replace him with Trevor Ariza for half the price and they turned the Asik trade into a 3 way trade. In order for Washington to get a big trade exception, their only motivation to help Houston by trading Ariza, Houston had to send us Casspi so they could take another one of our contracts, but we don't want Casspi and plan to cut him as his deal wasn't guaranteed.

Can someone please finalize this trade. I understand what Houston sent back to the Pelicans, and that Casspi will be most likely waived, but what I do not understand is what Washington may be sending the Pelicans. It has been speculated it will be a player, or maybe a 2nd round pick, but would like to know what the Pelicans get. I am indifferent to Casspi getting cut. I want Patric Young to get officially signed if he hasn't already been signed.

I don't think Casspi will be waived at all. He was probably the best player coming off the bench for the Rockets last season, which was surprising to some people. But I see this kind of a trend with players leaving SAC. They always seem to perform better

The Rockets used him as a starter as well but he was not that effective. He is perfect for the backup SF role and is cheap.
    Last edited by jjscap; 07-14-2014 at 05:27 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

Forgive me if this has been talked about and answered elsewhere in this thread, but it's pretty long and hard to find specifics:

Do we feel strongly that we'll be able to resign Asik to a longer term deal, or is this a one year guy?

Only speculation about it for now

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Forgive me if this has been talked about and answered elsewhere in this thread, but it's pretty long and hard to find specifics:

Do we feel strongly that we'll be able to resign Asik to a longer term deal, or is this a one year guy?
    We'll see, but we have his bird rights.

"Finalize terms of split"? How about, we don't pay you, and you go away?

The more I learn about Omri the less I like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Why? He is just trying to answer the question. Apparently it was the Pelicans who decided to release him (or never planned to keep him).

So, Stein agrees with "amateur bloggers" and not Jimmy Smith? Interesting.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    What's he suppose to say? "I really wanted to play with Tyreke my bro but the coaches thought I sucked."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post

He seemed pretty happy in the interview. When asked Dell responded saying he was pretty confident he could get Asik to resign next off-season. Asik is not eligible for an extension per CBA rules

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    He seemed pretty happy in the interview. When asked Dell responded saying he was pretty confident he could get Asik to resign next off-season. Asik is not eligible for an extension per CBA rules
    That and since we can match any offer he gets makes me hopeful he resigns with us. But first and foremost, let's see how well he an AD gel together, expecting great things.

Sounds like he is looking forward to playing for Monty too.

I really can't wait for this season to begin. It's gonna be an amazing front court we get to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    That and since we can match any offer he gets makes me hopeful he resigns with us. But first and foremost, let's see how well he an AD gel together, expecting great things.
    He will be unrestricted, so we do not get the option to match.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He will be unrestricted, so we do not get the option to match.
    I think (assume) he meant, "in spirit"

No, we will not have the ability to match the way that teams can on RFA's, but players keep in contact with their team in most cases and keep them aware of their best offers, allowing the team to match in a different kind of way.

Thread Information