Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Asik + Casspi heading our way

A blogger, you are going to take a blogger's word for it? - Jimmy Smith, NOLA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's not about when the regular season game is. It's about having the complete team NOW. Duhhhhhhhhh
    ... for the regular season game that we got tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    A blogger, you are going to take a blogger's word for it? - Jimmy Smith, NOLA.com
    LMAO

And in Smith's new piece today, he is all panicky about the Pels not having a SF. Also, somehow he sees Smith, not Rivers, as our backup PG.

Ugh.
    @mcnamara247

I really wish Babbitt could have played in SL. I mean, if he can defend SF's, even just backup ones, he can be a nice option. Who would hate this 2nd unit:

Rivers
    Reke
    Babbitt
    Anderson
    Ajinca

Shooters around Reke and solid enough rebounding. Defense at the 3 and 4 aren't great, but they are defending backups and the other team can have a few 2's while we are draining 3's.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If the Sacramento Kings can crowdsource the NBA Draft...
    http://cowbellkingdom.com/how-the-sa...014-nba-draft/

...............why can't WE crowdsource our Small Forward position?!

Problem.Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I really wish Babbitt could have played in SL. I mean, if he can defend SF's, even just backup ones, he can be a nice option. Who would hate this 2nd unit:

Rivers
    Reke
    Babbitt
    Anderson
    Ajinca

Shooters around Reke and solid enough rebounding. Defense at the 3 and 4 aren't great, but they are defending backups and the other team can have a few 2's while we are draining 3's.
    That's not a bad 2nd unit right there although I do wish we still had Smitty to run with the 2nd team. He's quick on his feet and can either roll or pop, and his mid-range game is money. Dude just can't stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If the Sacramento Kings can crowdsource the NBA Draft...
    http://cowbellkingdom.com/how-the-sa...014-nba-draft/

...............why can't WE crowdsource our Small Forward position?!

Problem.Solved.
    There's a youtube video about this... too lazy to find it. but it was their process leading up to taking the michigan kid at #8. Pretty cool.

I don't know how much better Smith's mid-range game is than Ajinca's, but I do know Ajinca doesn't pull the trigger nearly as much. If my 2nd unit has Tyreke and Ryno on it, I want THEM shooting, not somebody else hoisting up 18-20 footers.

I like Smith's intangibles, but I am ready to move on with Ajinca, Young, Babbitt, and maybe Withey behind our 3 great bigs

I like Smith's intangibles, but I am ready to move on with Ajinca, Young, Babbitt, and maybe Withey behind our 3 great bigs
    smith is a huge loss to the single ladies of the metro area however
    cant put a price on that kind of sexy

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

Rivers
    Reke
    Babbitt
    Anderson
    Ajinca

This unit would provide great spacing for Rivers and Reke to operate, attack the hoop and kickout to the shooters when open. This would be pretty much ideal.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    smith is a huge loss to the single ladies of the metro area however
    cant put a price on that kind of sexy
    The lady who has season tickets next to me will be so crushed when I see her again. She was already kind of depressed to see him in a suit and sling.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    John Salmons come on down

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    John Salmons come on down
    Is this speculation or coming from someone in the know? My noose and cyanide capsule await your response.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    That's not a bad 2nd unit right there
    I can't think of a better bench duo than Reke/Ryno. If Rivers makes the same jump this year as he did from rookie to sophomore, then it should be one of the best benches in the NBA.

A bit off topic, but Denver's bench looks absolutely loaded. Either Gallo or Chandler, McGee, Hickson, and Foye. They always seem to have one of the deepest teams in the NBA every year.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by thiefinthenight View Post
    Is this speculation or coming from someone in the know? My noose and cyanide capsule await your response.
    My source actually mentioned him saying it was a possibility, but Marc stein just confirmed it.

I liked John Salmons a few years ago.

Not sure I like him today.

There could be a hundred reasons. Could be something Houston needed to do for roster considerations or maybe we got an unguaranteed deal thinking we might be able to flip it for something else or maybe we were interested but then talked to him and he wasn't interested. Who knows.

All I know is that I thought we all agree that is was pointless to look at any of Dell's moves in a vacuum and we have learned to trust him and let it all play out, then come back and see the picture as a whole. Are we not still doing that? Are we back to panicking and reading too much into things?
    Na man i was just having fun lol, I for one am a dell fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Which means the only thing I can see is Dell has another thing he's working on and needs the roster spot.

Personally I'd rather cut Miller but if Miller is around because AD is like "he stays" then I understand.
    AD gets what AD wants, but I like Miller. It takes time to develop and he has all the tools, good shooter, passer, and showed to be a good defender late in the year.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    I liked John Salmons a few years ago.

Not sure I like him today.
    I liked Salmons in 2010.

if salmons is our starting sf we are doomed

is it possible for Darius Miller to come back for league minimum or nah? It's not looking good at our 3 spot at all. smh

Quote Originally Posted by ThePelicanBrief View Post
    is it possible for Darius Miller to come back for league minimum or nah? It's not looking good at our 3 spot at all. smh
    Yep. Very possible. Same for any guys on our SL team. Same for numerous FA's that will miss out on deals like a James Jones or a Brandon Rush. Still a ton of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    if salmons is our starting sf we are doomed
    So true.

So true.
    Don't you mean getting starter minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Don't you mean getting starter minutes?
    I was being sarcastic to a person who thinks that a team with all this talent is doomed because a 20mpg slot is not filled with a stud.

Thread Information