Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Asik + Casspi heading our way

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Of course we can't, jump the gun!
    I know. I should have learned by now.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I listed possible reasons above. Also, I asked why it matters since we trust Dell and realize his individual moves can't be understood in a vacuum - that you have to let them play out. Can we let it play out?
    Let it play out..People are getting excited for next season and impatient to know full roster! I believe in Dell. I think there is another trade coming with someone we didn't expect.

Which means the only thing I can see is Dell has another thing he's working on and needs the roster spot.

Personally I'd rather cut Miller but if Miller is around because AD is like "he stays" then I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Weren't we able to aggregate Gee because he was traded into cap space? What if the Casspi trade happened first and went into cap space?
    I mean, maybe. But how do we take a report that says he will be waived and all of a sudden turn that into assuming he will be traded?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I listed possible reasons above. Also, I asked why it matters since we trust Dell and realize his individual moves can't be understood in a vacuum - that you have to let them play out. Can we let it play out?
    Yes. It is all part of a greater good.
    I'm just being over anxious. Can you blame me?

After all of the Lebron/Melo holdup of FA, I think a lot of us are.

I mean, maybe. But how do we take a report that says he will be waived and all of a sudden turn that into assuming he will be traded?
    Because that's exactly what happened yesterday? Although Stein is better than everyone but maybe Woj, all the reports yesterday were that we were planning to waive Gee when anyone following the team knew we were flipping him to be waived. It's probably not a trade though considering Rivers lack of trade value. Presumably any meaningful trade for a SF like Dudley or Chandler would have to involve at least Rivers.

Looking st Casspi's Twitter in the last day Parsons, Lin, Beverley have all either said something nice about him or he has wished them well. Combined with Tyreke 1 week ago saying brother for life I just don't see the locker room issue with him.

Maybe he and Dwight didn't get along but I see no reason in NO he would be an issue. We don't have a strong personality like that and he already has a close friend here.

If he does end up being cut I can't believe it was for either of those issues. It has to be because we needed the roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Yes. It is all part of a greater good.
    I'm just being over anxious. Can you blame me?

After all of the Lebron/Melo holdup of FA, I think a lot of us are.
    I guess, but we can control this if we try and have some perspective. Season doesn't begin until late October. Everything doesn't need to be solved on July 1st. We can re-train ourselves to chill, even though we have to know everything right this minute in this new world.

I just think we can learn from this past two weeks and how panicked people were. I don't know how many times I read, "Will the trade even go through? Does Dell even have a plan?" Etc., etc. I just think this was a great opportunity for us all to learn and see the long game Dell plays. And if we learned that, then we can just let it play out before we rush to judgement or race to being worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Looking st Casspi's Twitter in the last day Parsons, Lin, Beverley have all either said something nice about him or he has wished them well. Combined with Tyreke 1 week ago saying brother for life I just don't see the locker room issue with him.

Maybe he and Dwight didn't get along but I see no reason in NO he would be an issue. We don't have a strong personality like that and he already has a close friend here.

If he does end up being cut I can't believe it was for either of those issues. It has to be because we needed the roster spot.
    Holiday
    Gor-Dahn
    Evans
    Davis
    Asik
    Rivers
    Anderson
    Smith, R.
    Young
    Withey
    Ajinca

11 guys. Who am I missing?

I guess, but we can control this if we try and have some perspective. Season doesn't begin until late October. Everything doesn't need to be solved on July 1st. We can re-train ourselves to chill, even though we have to know everything right this minute in this new world.

I just think we can learn from this past two weeks and how panicked people were. I don't know how many times I read, "Will the trade even go through? Does Dell even have a plan?" Etc., etc. I just think this was a great opportunity for us all to learn and see the long game Dell plays. And if we learned that, then we can just let it play out before we rush to judgement or race to being worried.
    I've learned not to distrust Dell, as he is one of the most creative GMs in the league.

I'm just like a small child on his birthday, desperately wanting to unwrap the new roster for his favorite NBA team.

Holiday
    Gor-Dahn
    Evans
    Davis
    Asik
    Rivers
    Anderson
    Smith, R.
    Young
    Withey
    Ajinca

Babbitt

Holiday
    Gor-Dahn
    Evans
    Davis
    Asik
    Rivers
    Anderson
    Smith, R.
    Young
    Withey
    Ajinca

pshhhhh....LeBron James duh
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Team has been trying to get Babbitt to defend SF's, there is still Miller, and there are guys on this summer league team that the staff really likes. I think the backup position can be locked down by one of those routes.

Holiday
    Gor-Dahn
    Evans
    Davis
    Asik
    Rivers
    Anderson
    Smith, R.
    Young
    Withey
    Ajinca

Babbitt and Miller's cap hold is still on the team.

Add Casspi and we are at 14 of a 15 maximum.

Just got a notification that Casspi might be waived.

Babbitt
    FACEPALM!

I can't believe I forgot him.

http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html

Will Casspi be waived and why?! I thought he would be a great backup.

Babbitt and Miller's cap hold is still on the team.

Add Casspi and we are at 14 of a 15 maximum.
    So Miller's cap hold is still there unless we waive/trade him?

Just got a notification that Casspi might be waived.
    breaking news

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Maybe we don't care for his politics.

So Miller's cap hold is still there unless we waive/trade him?
    As far as I understand went didn't extend Miller his QO but we kept his cap hold so we have his early birds rights. I don't think we ever released his hold. I could be wrong but I still think it's listed on the roster.

Yes. Unless we waive or trade him his cap hold is on the roster.

According to Rockets blogger, Rockets were taking in too much money, so they had to include Casspi. Mystery solved.

Moving forward!

According to Rockets blogger, Rockets were taking in too much money, so they had to include Casspi. Mystery solved.

Moving forward!
    Moving forward. . .

OMG WE DONT HAVE A SF ON THE TEAM!!!!!

Moving forward. . .

OMG WE DONT HAVE A SF ON THE TEAM!!!!!
    And we have a regular season game tomorrow!! What are we gonna do??!??!?!?!

And we have a regular season game tomorrow!! What are we gonna do??!??!?!?!
    It's not about when the regular season game is. It's about having the complete team NOW. Duhhhhhhhhh

Thread Information