Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: The Full Range of Possibilities at SF

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I would be surprised if Miller is not back. He knows the system, is fine being a role player, continues to improve, and can be had for the min. - maybe even a not fully guaranteed contract. He should be back
    What do you think the percentage is that Salmons is our guy for the whole year compared to larger trade happening that lands us a notable small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    What do you think the percentage is that Salmons is our guy for the whole year compared to larger trade happening that lands us a notable small forward.
    I think Dell will do what he always does and have his ears open, ready to pounce. I don't think the plan is to make a move, but rather to be open to one.

A lot of things can change the priorities from injuries to the evolution of a bench player. If Russ Smith blossoms by January or Patric Young does the same, now Rivers and Ajinca's salaries can be included. If Ryno shows he is 100%, we might not have a need for Babbitt as an insurance policy.

A lot can happen, but I think they like their team as of right now and will go into the season hoping that these are the guys who can get them to the playoffs.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think Dell will do what he always does and have his ears open, ready to pounce. I don't think the plan is to make a move, but rather to be open to one.

A lot of things can change the priorities from injuries to the evolution of a bench player. If Russ Smith blossoms by January or Patric Young does the same, now Rivers and Ajinca's salaries can be included. If Ryno shows he is 100%, we might not have a need for Babbitt as an insurance policy.

A lot can happen, but I think they like their team as of right now and will go into the season hoping that these are the guys who can get them to the playoffs.
    I could see something like this happening. I think a lot of SFs will be available at the deadline (Jeff Green, Thad Young, Jared Dudley, etc.). Say one of the rookies plays well and becomes an asset. We'll have a bunch of expirings (Rivers, Salmons, Babbitt, Ajinca, Withey, maybe Miller, maybe Fells or whomever) we could package with a rookie to upgrade the SF.

I know we could just wait until the offseason, but I think making the playoffs this season is a big priority for our front office. If we're in the hunt at the deadline and want to make a playoff push, it would make sense.

Thread Information