Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Full Range of Possibilities at SF

The Full Range of Possibilities at SF

The way I see it, Dell will have quite a few options to fill this spot, even though we just assume that the guy will be signed with the Room Exception. Maybe he will, but maybe they sign Jameer Nelson with the Room and trade Rivers for a SF. Or maybe they are sold on Patric Young and can move Withey or Ajinca for a cheap SF. To me, these are all the options

Trade Rivers Possibilities

DeMarre Carroll
    Mike Dunleavy
    Jae Crowder
    Mo Harkless

Trade a Big Possibilities

Khris Middleton
    Kyle Singler
    Jeff Taylor
    Quincy Miller
    Glen Rice, Jr.
    James Ennis

Room Exception

Richard Jefferson
    Francisco Garcia
    Omri Casspi
    James Jones
    Alan Anderson
    John Salmons
    Chris Douglas-Roberts
    Jordan Hamilton
    Wesley Johnson
    Shawn Marion
    Caron Butler

Minimum Guys

Darius Miller
    Brandon Rush
    Chris Singleton
    Jan Vesely
    Josh Howard

So, who are your top 3-5 on that list? Would you be willing to do a trade or do you just want to use the Room and solve this problem next year?
    @mcnamara247

My sadness that Joe Ingles isn't on this list cannot be overstated. I'll have to look and see with this INCOMPLETE list who I'd choose. Lol most likely a combination of trading a C and RLE.

I only have one question...

Why is Jan Veselý there??

Carroll, Jefferson,Casspi,Anderson,Rush

for me i'd be happy with:

D. Carroll
    K.Middleton
    Q.Miller
    R.Jefferson
    F.Garcia
    CDR
    J.Hamilton
    B.Rush
    D.Miller -as backup only

There are some people on MM's list I don't know much about and may feel good about as well if I knew more.

Not short on options...
    Last edited by JrueDat; 07-13-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Give me Francisco and either Miller/Josh Howard behind him
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Minus a few names I wouldn't be upset with almost anyone under your room exception list MM. I'm going to be happy this off season.

This team would be very good and very deep, if they could sign Nelson, trade Rivers for any of the 4 listed possibilities, then sign 1 of Rush, Darius, or maybe even Howard. Pull this off and I give the offseason an A+++
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Khris Middleton reminds me of Morrow...not much athleticism but the dude can shoot

Th top 3 shooters on the list. Aminu could have been REAL helpful for our offense last season if he was a consistent shooter.. he got some great looks from mid-range and deep. But he was useless to us, and teams gave him those open jumpers (for a reason).

If you replace Aminu in our starting lineup with someone that can knock down shots we'll be straight. Same for the 2nd team. With Tyreke (and Austin?) attacking the basket that will leave open kickouts for Ryno and the backup SF.

Maybe Garcia, Jordan Hamilton and Rush. James Jones would be on my list but I think he's chasing LBJ, but that guy can flat out shoot.

Ok my list would be: Kyle Singler, Khris Middleton, Omri Casspi, Jordan Hamilton, Chris Douglas-Roberts. In that order.

I'd easily I've up one of the C's. I wouldn't give up Rivers. And Even if I did give up a C, I'd still use the RLE on another SF.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-13-2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: yes

Trade Gordon and Rivers to the Bucks for Mayo and Middletown and sign Nelson with room exception. DROP THE MIC....GO PELS!!!!!!

I'd like to see them go with Wesley Johnson with the RE and either Brandon Rush or Darius Miller as minimum players. It seemed to me like Miller was coming out of his "unwilling to shoot" shell as last season progressed. The game where he played a good bit of point guard, due to regular PG injuries, did a lot for his confidence. Having said that, this will be his 3rd season and it will be either put up or shut up time.

The irrational part of me wants to somehow work out a trade for PJ Tucker if the Suns can land a "bigger fish" SF, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

As for next offseason, the long-term SF doesn't have to be the best one available, just someone who is REALLY GOOD at what we'd need him for; playing solid team D and knocking down a trey consistently enough for opposing teams to respect it.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2014/7/...the-hole-at-sf

David Fisher wrote a great piece on the FA crop. Wes Johnson seems like a nice combo of shooting, defense, and experience.

If we could get him for the room exception with a team option at year 2 that would be perfect. Sign Rush or Miller at the minimum for the second unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not trading Eric Gordon and I doubt the pelicans are. Y'all should really get use to him being on the team.
    And hoping for a better year than last year where he played okay but not completely back to his old form. But just another heathy year and more burst. And we win.
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2014/7/...the-hole-at-sf

David Fisher wrote a great piece on the FA crop. Wes Johnson seems like a nice combo of shooting, defense, and experience.

If we could get him for the room exception with a team option at year 2 that would be perfect. Sign Rush or Miller at the minimum for the second unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After reading that article I was trying to remember why I didn't put Wesley Johnson on my list. Then. I realized. He's on the Lakers. They just gave Jordan Hill 9M/yr. I don't think we will be able to get him for RLE. They WILL overpay.

One other thing I wanna squash before someone says it - Paul Pierce wouldn't have come here for the MLE. Just wanna put that out there before I read: I would rather have Pierce than Rivers and insert Room SF

Lakers are a mini dumpster fire right now. Dell could go in and drag Johnson out for cheap. ..

I would like to see josh Howard make the roster. He does a lot of little things and to me us an upgrade over Aminu. But we need another shooter. Also would love to get our hands on quincy miller but wouldn't trade for him, maybe withey. Denver loaded at SF.

Like the list of room ex. players. Marion would be nice too.
    Last edited by lsutigers33; 07-13-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Trade Gordon and Rivers to the Bucks for Mayo and Middletown and sign Nelson with room exception. DROP THE MIC....GO PELS!!!!!!
    This trade is beyond terrible.

I'll trade Ajinca for Middleton and use the room exception on Jefferson

I really want Howard as our 2nd SF, be a great asset from his experience alone, and also I said Francisco, his toughness, shooting and defense are all what we need for those 15-20 minutes

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    1. DeMarre Carroll
    2. Mike Dunleavy

I was surprised how comparable these two were. But I gave Carroll the edge slightly. At his age, I see Carroll as a bigger possibility of resigning here next offseason rather than Dunleavy who I could see the possibility that he goes ring chasing.

3. Khris Middleton
    4. Richard Jefferson
    5. Chris Douglas-Roberts

Middleton as a starter last season worries me. I'm on board with adding a vet, but if I had a choice between two guys who would have similar impacts (I do think Jefferson would do some vet things that wouldn't show up on the box chart, but I don't think they propel him that far forward) and one is 22 and the other is 34, then I'd have to go with the 22 year old. I'll fill other spots with quality vets. Douglas-Roberts ability to defend worries me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    This trade is beyond terrible.

I'll trade Ajinca for Middleton and use the room exception on Jefferson
    moving Gordon without disturbing the core would be huge...besides Ajinca isn't valuable enough the get Middleton straight up...that's terrible
    Last edited by SaintPelican225; 07-13-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Ugh

That list stinks. We have been terrible on the wing since Mashburn and it doesn't look like it's getting any better. We've got one shooter and no wing defenders on a roster that's already basically full.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Lakers are a mini dumpster fire right now. Dell could go in and drag Johnson out for cheap. ..
    I don't believe this. The Lakers have sacks of money to throw at people.

Thread Information