Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bosh back to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Parsons for Ryno......that would be the only thing I'd agree to.
    Keep in mind Parsons has a 15% pay increase if he's traded clause. He's also a 3rd year player option.

If we traded for him he'd basically be getting paid double what Ryno is. If people thought 12m/yr Parsons was overpaying, imagine a 16.5+M/yr Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    If people are rude block them?
    I guess I just don't see the upside for me. That's the truth probably at its core if I am honest.

Just constantly annoyed and get nothing in return. If I was trying to build a brand or make a living, I see the point.

Anyway, sorry to divert. Back to Bosh and the sad Rockets fans!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I guess I just don't see the upside for me. That's the truth probably at its core if I am honest.

Just constantly annoyed and get nothing in return. If I was trying to build a brand or make a living, I see the point.

Anyway, sorry to divert. Back to Bosh and the sad Rockets fans!
    Well im really happy that your still posting here and hope that the BSS podcasts continue.
    I really look forward to them.

How about Gordon and Ryno for Parsons and Jones? Now, that is interesting to think about
    Burn it with fire. Give me Gordon gone in a year than Parsons for even MORE money for 3.

While I like Jones as good bit, it ain't worth it. I am fully confident after this off-season we can move Gordon next year.

Find me 3 posts of you saying anything positive about any players, coaches, or front office staff. Do that and I will never mention anything again.

You gotta admit that you see a lot of positive with what others do. I can't remember anything positive you have ever said about any Pelican player or move. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I honestly can't remember.
    1st why does it matter if I've said 3 things positive or 10 or none?

I have an opinion that I justify with reasoning. I've stated again and again how I think the team has the best chance of having the greatest success and Demps has gone farther and farther away from those ideals. So it shouldn't come as some big surprise that I don't care for a lot of the moves. It's only seems logical that I wouldn't be pleased.

Also HOU has a history of attracting top notch free agents unlike this franchise. So using your logic of using the past as an indicator what's likely to happen says that the Rockets even under Morey has a history of hitting home runs with cap space. We don't have such history. So even if I was giving HOU and Morey the benefit of the doubt it's not selective benefit it's earned through history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Burn it with fire. Give me Gordon gone in a year than Parsons for even MORE money for 3.

While I like Jones as good bit, it ain't worth it. I am fully confident after this off-season we can move Gordon next year.
    That's IF he is gone in a year. I mean, it's possible. But not a lock. I wouldn't do it either, but that starting 5 would fit nice, no? Would have some cap space to bring back Morrow too.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    1st why does it matter if I've said 3 things positive or 10 or none?

I have an opinion that I justify with reasoning. I've stated again and again how I think the team has the best chance of having the greatest success and Demps has gone farther and farther away from those ideals. So it shouldn't come as some big surprise that I don't care for a lot of the moves. It's only seems logical that I wouldn't be pleased.

Also HOU has a history of attracting top notch free agents unlike this franchise. So using your logic of using the past as an indicator what's likely to happen says that the Rockets even under Morey has a history of hitting home runs with cap space. We don't have such history. So even if I was giving HOU and Morey the benefit of the doubt it's not selective benefit it's earned through history.
    That's fine. But then my joke is still applicable too, no? You don't have to change. I love you the way you are. But I find it funny, so I joke. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I dont understand how you're ok w a core of:
    Harden (No defense Max)
    Howard (Max)
    Parsons (VERY overpaid)

and you're not with

AD (Rookie deal)
    Reke (On a good contract)
    Jrue Multiskilled PG on a somewhat higher contract
    Ryno (great contract)
    Because I think they are the superior players. Offense in this sport trumps defense. Two me our roster is the equivalent of 4quarters not making a dollar

That's fine. But then my joke is still applicable too, no? You don't have to change. I love you the way you are. But I find it funny, so I joke. Such is life.
    Giving your previous state of frustration I'm glad you are finding some sense of sanity here.

Because I think they are the superior players. Offense in this sport trumps defense. Two me our roster is the equivalent of 4quarters not making a dollar
    Yeah i know we don't agree; but i just don't understand .. not bashing

That's IF he is gone in a year. I mean, it's possible. But not a lock. I wouldn't do it either, but that starting 5 would fit nice, no? Would have some cap space to bring back Morrow too.
    Is this assuming we still get Asik?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yeah i know we don't agree; but i just don't understand .. not bashing
    They have the history of success what do we have. Anderson had a chance to be the guy and we had no success, Holiday had a chance to be the guy in Philly no success, Evans had a chance to be the guy in Sac-town no success, and Davis had a chance to be the guy no success. Hat am I missing? Guys are young and talented enough to change all that around, but I can't gibe credit to guys that haven't done it yet. Both Harden and Howard has been the guy and gotten their respective teams unto the playoffs. I really don't see how as of now anybody could have a counter argument with that info?

They have the history of success what do we have. Anderson had a chance to be the guy and we had no success, Holiday had a chance to be the guy in Philly no success, Evans had a chance to be the guy in Sac-town no success, and Davis had a chance to be the guy no success. Hat am I missing? Guys are young and talented enough to change all that around, but I can't gibe credit to guys that haven't done it yet. Both Harden and Howard has been the guy and gotten their respective teams unto the playoffs. I really don't see how as of now anybody could have a counter argument with that info?
    I had a lengthy post refuting all of this and then I reread your post and realized you're trolling.

I had a lengthy post refuting all of this and then I reread your post and realized you're trolling.
    Donde esta El Popcorn?

If that is your assessment, you're missing a lot IMO . Playing poker w the guys tonight but I'll get back to this sir.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Rockets writer is about to jump off a cliff - Hey throne, Go cheer him up and tell them all the good Houston is doing!

http://www.red94.net/chris-bosh-leav...e-morey/14487/

Why do you hold our players to such high standards? Who are the difference makers who you would rather have in place of our guys at each their positions. I'm talking about guys at their age, in comparable situations. Don't give me any 27 year olds that you compare to our 21,22, and 23 yr olds. Who are the young guys that you would rather have in place of our guys?

Da throne why are you on here?

1-6

If that's the case why wasting your time even responding?

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Why do you hold our players to such high standards? Who are the difference makers who you would rather have in place of our guys at each their positions. I'm talking about guys at their age, in comparable situations. Don't give me any 27 year olds that you compare to our 21,22, and 23 yr olds. Who are the young guys that you would rather have in place of our guys?
    James Harden is 24 and was 22-23 when he fisrt got the Rockets into the playoffs. Howard is 28 now but he wasn't when he lead the Magic to the finals he was 22 I believe. So where are the comparison to guys in there late 20's.

As far as holding them to high standards what am I suppose to do when someone says why are you sold on Harden, Howard, and Parsons(which I'm sold on Parsons) and not Davis, Anderson, Evans, and Holiday who else am I suppose to compare them to?

Quote Originally Posted by Above the Rim View Post
    The Rockets writer is about to jump off a cliff - Hey throne, Go cheer him up and tell them all the good Houston is doing!

http://www.red94.net/chris-bosh-leav...e-morey/14487/
    I would say MM needs to read this because it would make him feel A TON better about his Twitter episode, but you know. I think he's seen it.

Still. This guy shows that all sports writers that have to cover a single team lose their minds.

I would say MM needs to read this because it would make him feel A TON better about his Twitter episode, but you know. I think he's seen it.

Still. This guy shows that all sports writers that have to cover a single team lose their minds.
    I couldn't imagine how I would feel if all the Sportscenter guys said we were about to get the perfect final piece next to Anthony and then he got snapped up outta nowhere. Might lose it

I couldn't imagine how I would feel if all the Sportscenter guys said we were about to get the perfect final piece next to Anthony and then he got snapped up outta nowhere. Might lose it
    Lol. I think we all would. But if you look at that guys twitter he was over the deep end. It was SOOOO funny. I could almost taste his tears.

Lol. I think we all would. But if you look at that guys twitter he was over the deep end. It was SOOOO funny. I could almost taste his tears.
    I gotta go see that! Bye for now

I gotta go see that! Bye for now
    I cannot say this enough to everyone. That guy's twitter is gold. I might listen to the podcast to see if he cry's.

Thread Information