Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bosh back to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah I didn't understand why they declined the year on Parsons. From what I remember hearing his cap hold was more than his actually salary. That certainly seemed like a mistake to me. I wouldn't pay 15M's for Parsons I let him walk and try my hand at someone like Ariza or Dudley.

For the record I find plenty fault with other teams GM's this just isn't the forum for that more often than it is.
    Do you think they won't have to overpay for Ariza? Does losing Parsons for Dudley make them any better? Does it even keep them as good?

They were a first round exit who just traded their backup C (who was starter level) and their starting PG for a pick that odds are they won't get next year (if they ever get the 1st).

If I'm not mistaken they also lost QAs on Daniels and a couple other bench players.

The worst part is, they can't even offer a RFA because all the other team has to do is hold out and Parsons contract hits before theirs. So all they can do is Chase URFAs.

So what do they do? No good PGs left to make up for dumping Lin. Do they let Parsons walk and overpay another SF? They just gave away their depth for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm not going to lie, if I were a Rockets fan.. I'm not sure id be calling for Moreys head, but he's about 1 more bad move from it.
    They were prior to Harden. Honestly, if OKC doesn't make that dumb mistake with Harden, Morey is jobless, not considered a "genius"
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Record noted. I was just curious.

I never understood letting Parsons become a RFA. They said it was to control costs. Yeah, that worked!
    Yeah, Cuban really controlled their cost! Lol

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think people will still be asking if Houston will back out on January 9th when he goes for 12 and 20 in a Pels uniform.
    Huh? Is that some veiled shot?
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Huh? Is that some veiled shot?
    It's called a joke.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Is the Asik deal finalized though?

I worry this could affect our shot at getting him.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Is the Asik deal finalized though?

I worry this could affect our shot at getting him.
    He will be had. Houston is already on record as trying to get the Asik deal done asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Do you think they won't have to overpay for Ariza? Does losing Parsons for Dudley make them any better? Does it even keep them as good?

They were a first round exit who just traded their backup C (who was starter level) and their starting PG for a pick that odds are they won't get next year (if they ever get the 1st).

If I'm not mistaken they also lost QAs on Daniels and a couple other bench players.

The worst part is, they can't even offer a RFA because all the other team has to do is hold out and Parsons contract hits before theirs. So all they can do is Chase URFAs.

So what do they do? No good PGs left to make up for dumping Lin. Do they let Parsons walk and overpay another SF? They just gave away their depth for nothing.
    There main two players have a year of gelling together that can't be minimized. I think Jones is a really good player and expect him to contribute more consistently than last year. Again the team wanted Lin and Ask gone and they were going to lose both players after next year for nothing. Again this wasn't apart of the master plan, but they'll be FA next year just like there are FA's this year.

Losing Lin is not a blow for the Rockets. He was a backup anyway.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

There main two players have a year of gelling together that can't be minimized. I think Jones is a really good player and expect him to contribute more consistently than last year. Again the team wanted Lin and Ask gone and they were going to lose both players after next year for nothing. Again this wasn't apart of the master plan, but they'll be FA next year just like there are FA's this year.
    Yes. The Asik trade was always going to happen. They gave him away for pennies on the dollar though because of trying to get into this FA and make a splash.

Lin they wouldn't have gotten rid of if they knew they weren't getting Bosh. They have a guy on vet minimum as their starting Pg now.

And how are they going to get FAs next year? They let everyone walk or traded away except for Harden, Howard, Jones, Parsons, Beverley, and maybe one other player. The just gutted their team and are now going to be capped out when they match Parsons.

They aren't going to trade Howard or Harden, Parsons has a player option and a 15% trade kicker, he's not going anywhere.

I really can't see where Houston goes from here. They are nailed to the wall now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    It's the 1st round pick they gave up to lose Lin that hurts them

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    so backups dont count? he averaged 28 minutes 12.5 points 4.4 assists and a steal a game, playing 71 games....
    Hornets fan since day 1.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    ....*Fist pump* Now we won't have to worry Houston getting better in our division.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Not like Lin was a scrub. He was just overpaid. Is I. Cannon better?

I'm not going to lie, if I were a Rockets fan.. I'm not sure id be calling for Moreys head, but he's about 1 more bad move from it.
    Went to their message board for some laughs, kinda brutal over there.

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post
    Went to their message board for some laughs, kinda brutal over there.
    Please link!

Please link!
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9

I went to clutch fans their forums it hilarious they are wishing STD's on the man lmaooo

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I went to clutch fans their forums it hilarious they are wishing STD's on the man lmaooo

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. The Asik trade was always going to happen. They gave him away for pennies on the dollar though because of trying to get into this FA and make a splash.

Lin they wouldn't have gotten rid of if they knew they weren't getting Bosh. They have a guy on vet minimum as their starting Pg now.

And how are they going to get FAs next year? They let everyone walk or traded away except for Harden, Howard, Jones, Parsons, Beverley, and maybe one other player. The just gutted their team and are now going to be capped out when they match Parsons.

They aren't going to trade Howard or Harden, Parsons has a player option and a 15% trade kicker, he's not going anywhere.

I really can't see where Houston goes from here. They are nailed to the wall now.
    They been trying to trade away Asik and couldn't get what they wanted. So they wanted to move him getting compensation they wouldn't have gotten if his contract expired.

There core was Howard, Harden, Parsons. They can keep that core but Asik and Lin were just role players. This wasn't some massive fire sale of nonreplacable assets. These are guys they didn't want to have to pay. They can bring in guys like Isaiah Thomas and/or Pau Gasol and they are a better team than they were last year IMO. Free agency isn't over and having cap space and flexibility isn't a bad thing when you have proven players like Howard and Harden and a large market to sell.

I love how they still think Anderson is going to Houston for asik.

They been trying to trade away Asik and couldn't get what they wanted. So they wanted to move him getting compensation they wouldn't have gotten if his contract expired.

There core was Howard, Harden, Parsons. They can keep that core but Asik and Lin were just role players. This wasn't some massive fire sale of nonreplacable assets. These are guys they didn't want to have to pay. They can bring in guys like Isaiah Thomas and/or Pau Gasol and they are a better team than they were last year IMO. Free agency isn't over and having cap space and flexibility isn't a bad thing when you have proven players like Howard and Harden and a large market to sell.
    Thomas signed with the suns. Gasol sounding like Chicago.

Pelicans players, coaches, personnel - If you ever want the benefit of the doubt from Da Throne, just go to another team.

Everyone gets it except for our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post
    Welp, just lost20 mins of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Thomas signed with the suns. Gasol sounding like Chicago.
    OK I knew PHX was "courting" Thomas didn't know he had signed already. Besides Thomas and Gasol were just examples. And we all thought Bosh was set to go to HOU until he wasn't. So until Gasol signs anything can happen especially if HOU just started to pitch him.

BTW has Bledsoe fielded any offers?

Thread Information